Is There A God

g-singh

gusa ne keeta yaar. i see no point having any discussion with him. he is all about if science cant prove then it dont exist. well its fine by me, everyone is entitled to their opinion

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

natsilahk...but was proof is there on science being right....its not even acurate, like a stated b4 their theories change later on cuz they keep discovering new things.(guess what guru ji said: the more we try to describe him, the more their is left to describe, u cud never reach gods limits. but god exists in the faith of those who believe in him.

This is an interesting topic that I have grappled with for many years. More than most of you lucky people who have an ingrained faith in the indescribable being.

Firstly, science is not in competition with God, but it tries to explain physical phenomena. This comes about to aid human beings and to satisfy our natural thirst for knowledge. God, if you believe in it must have given us that curiosity, so science is his gift.

Secondly, I saw this documentary that predicts the advances in computing and artificial intelligence will within 30 years lead to machines that are more intelligent than us. They will then have the ability to think above our level and may create machines many times their own intelligence, and so on a nd so forth. Ultimately, the scientist descirbed them as "Gods". I think what he meant was they woudl have infinite intelligence compared to us. Maybe these beings will lead us to a "scientific" answer to God and there will at last be the universal truth behind religion that will cure all the world's problems!

Or the robots take over and this means God doesn't need us, and this will prove we are not as closely connected to God as we thought, or alternatively, there is no God as we understand it today.

Thirdly, God is what you believe. I don't think anyone has a right to tell others what to believe, but we all have a right to believe that what we believe is the truth....so long as we don't hurt others, especially in teh name of religion.

quite an interesting post man. grin.gif i'm more concerned with the 2nd scenario. seems like a terminator type of thing. and is entirely possible. if we give machines power to think, whats to say they will not revolt against us and take over.

anyway, this is going wayyyy off topic. so i'll stop.

This is an interesting topic that I have grappled with for many years. More than most of you lucky people who have an ingrained faith in the indescribable being.

Firstly, science is not in competition with God, but it tries to explain physical phenomena. This comes about to aid human beings and to satisfy our natural thirst for knowledge. God, if you believe in it must have given us that curiosity, so science is his gift.

Secondly, I saw this documentary that predicts the advances in computing and artificial intelligence will within 30 years lead to machines that are more intelligent than us. They will then have the ability to think above our level and may create machines many times their own intelligence, and so on a nd so forth. Ultimately, the scientist descirbed them as "Gods". I think what he meant was they woudl have infinite intelligence compared to us. Maybe these beings will lead us to a "scientific" answer to God and there will at last be the universal truth behind religion that will cure all the world's problems!

Or the robots take over and this means God doesn't need us, and this will prove we are not as closely connected to God as we thought, or alternatively, there is no God as we understand it today.

Thirdly, God is what you believe. I don't think anyone has a right to tell others what to believe, but we all have a right to believe that what we believe is the truth....so long as we don't hurt others, especially in teh name of religion.

I dont think that is possible. Will the robots have a mind? If yes...will they be affected by kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, hankar? Ok science is advanced....but i dont think we can create an artificial mind!

If it is possible...and their intelligence is "infinite" compared to ours...i bet they will remember God 24/7 cuz thats the intelligent thing to do. :D

This is one thing that must be eliminated when debating these topics.

The use of "religious/sacred" texts. Because the Guru Granth Sahib states "There is only ONE God" does NOT prove God's existance.

There are many books that other people hold religiously and very sacred that state the exact opposite.

Which one is true? You must prove it. Random quotes from gurbani, the bible, and quran are useless in proving God's existance because the person quoting obviously already holds the sacred book as the ultimate truth, but that does not mean every individual agrees.

lol... what a joke!!!

Elimate Gurus Jis words from debates?... Thats like saying dont speak the sweet words of Maharaj Ji.

Just like manmitchera said:

"god exists in the faith of those who believe in him.""... you OBVIOUSLY dont have that faith... GOD help you!

sabh kishh aapae aap hai houmai vich kehan n jaae ||

God Himself is everything; those who are in their ego cannot even speak of this.

If you dont beleive in God, then NOBODY can prove the existence of God to you.

God is not "something" u can capture in ur logic and explain. God is beyond logic and beyod explanation.

People who beleive in God truly, see God everywhere and for them there is no other or "begana"....no enemy....absoulutely no "other" than God Himself.

People who dont beleive in God have a definition of God which they themselve make.....but its IMMPOSSIBLE to "define " God.

God is not "something" u can capture in ur logic and explain. God is beyond logic and beyod explanation.

People who dont beleive in God have a definition of God which they themselve make.....but its IMMPOSSIBLE to "define " God.

heyyyyyyyyyyy thats wat i was thinking. jus couldnt write it like that :D