Akhand Kirtani Jatha Smagam 06

asengh

does it matter if he cares about kirtanis or not? it is in us papi's karam that we dont have true russ of bani and therefor enjoy listening to particular kirtanis. the guru has done maha kirpa on u that a particular kirtani doesnt affect u. one should be grateful for reaching this stage and not judging others as this is judging guru. because the guru has decdided not to bless with this high stage.

thank you, sorry if i was rude just a making a point that we have avguns and we hope the guru can corrrect them in saadhsangat,

gurfateh jio!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the smagam in cov is a youth smagam therefore the kirtan throughout the week will be done by the youth. there will be quite a few kirtanis in england at the time from the manchester smagam taking place the week before but that does not mean they will automatically get "prime time" during the smagam. again, this is a youth smagam so i think it is only fair that the youth get to do kirtan during the week.

there will also be an akhand paat held before the smagam if there is any youth that would like to take part in seva of the akhand paat please let me know asap.

alll the india akj singh will that make u come

?????????

OK , i was only asking about kirtanis, because I dont really get to be there at kirtan progs when there a keertanis here that are not normally in the uk. I was going to come to the smagam anyway, i wouldn't mind if there was certain keertanis coming or not just wnated to know if there was or not, i don't know why people have to make a fuss over it, the smagams going to wicked anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gurpreet_singh101

Bhai Sahib Dr Surinder Singh jee was probably the greatest Singh in Jatha in the post-Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh period. He was a tyaar bar tyaar pooran Rehitvaan Singh and such things happened during his lifetime that it is hard to believe for a normal person. Countless Gursikhs witnessed Dr Sahib floating in air at many samagams, when his surtee-birtee went out of his control d_oh.gif . His father Bhai Sahib Hira Harbachan Singh jee was a pooran Gursikh and his greatness has been written by Bhai Sahib in his book - Ranglay Sajjan

A few incidents in Bhai Sahibs Life

Dr. Surinder Singh jee must now be in Vahiguru jee’s feet, absorbed in naam and basking in the divine colours but I can never forget the twenty years of love he gave me. He spoke very little. He was always coloured in naam and vairaag and in Gurmat Smaagams, he would always be sitting apart, lost in naam.

My First Meeting

20 years have passed now. It was 10 at night and it was winter. It was very cold and in those days I pulled a rickshaw to support my family. Bhai Sahib (Dr. Sahib) in this bitter cold was dressed only in a simple chola. He was wearing no pyjama and on his feet he had a regular shoes. His face was glowing with naam. He was already handsome because of his light complexion and because of the naam his face was reflecting, I was drawn to meet him. Blessed are Guru Gobind Singh jee’s Singhs who do not feel cold even in the dead of winter.

I was returning home but I was drawn to this person. I began to take my rickshaw behind him. I did not have the courage to speak to him but I had a deep desire to serve him by carrying him in my rickshaw and take him to where he was going. After some time, Bhai Sahib’s glance fell on me and Vahiguru jee gave me the strength to utter “Vahiguru jee kaa Khalsa, Vahiguru jee kee fateh!â€

Bhai Sahib, slowly in a sweet voice, answered my Fateh and came to stand by my rickshaw. I humbly requested, “Bhai Sahib jee, let me take you on my rickshaw to where you want to go. Where are you going? I feel like doing your seva.â€

Bhai Sahib did not reply and after silently standing for two minutes, he got on the rickshaw. Bhai Sahib was going from the Jagraon bridge to Bharat Nagar Chownk. After Bhai Sahib had gotten on, I did not have the courage to ask where he was going because Bhai Sahib was lost in the deep colours of naam. I gathered my courage and began to take the rickshaw to Bharat Nagar Chownk. I had just gotten to the Chownk when Bhai Sahib told me to go to a home behind the New Model Town Singh Sabha Gurdwara Sahib. In those days, Bibi Mahinder Kaur used to live in this house.

I arrived in front of the house and then Bhai Sahib motioned for me to come with him inside. I was astonished and began to follow him. There was a water hand-pump beside the door. Bhai Sahib began to pump and had me do a punj-ishnana and with his hands, motioned for me to accompany him in. I put the rickshaw near the hand-pump. Bhai Sahib went straight to the kitchen.

The Divine Milk in Sarbloh

Bhai Sahib spread a mat and asked me to sit down. I sat crossed legged with my hands folded together. For such a long time Bhai Sahib boiled milk in a Sarbloh bata and played in Vahiguru’s divine colours. For over an hour his consciousness was completely absorbed. I was bound by his order to sit but was getting anxious to go home because I was tired from pulling a rickshaw all day.

When a big bata of milk was brought to me, I began to drink and right away I began to be coloured in naam. Some divine colour came over me. My simran began to go automatically. My body began to feel like it was flying. My eyes filled with tears of vairaag and I was losing consciousness. After some time when I regained awareness, Bhai Sahib put a bata of kheer in front of me. As soon as I had eaten this, I completely lost consciousness and had no awareness of where I was.

Bibi Mahinder Kaur’s Pain

When I became conscious again after some time, I found that Bibi Mahinder Kaur, the person who was in the house, was feeling pain in her stomach. She could not bear the pain. Bhai Sahib knew about medicine and he gave her some medicines but none brought her peace.

I had an idea and remembered how Bhai Sahib before giving me the milk and kheer had gazed into the milk for such a long time and as a result, it was also coloured in divine colours. I took some water and after gazing into it while doing sirman, gave it to Bibi jee and she felt better.

Bhai Sahib Asked, “Why did you do that??â€

Bibi jee felt better but the feeling of divine colours left me. Bhai Sahib saw how sad I was and asked, “Why did you do that?†I felt upset over my mistake and began to cry, which would not stop. Bhai Sahib took my hand and kept doing simran beside me. It was now three in the morning. Again, I was taken by the divine colours and Bhai Sahib told me to accept bhaaNaa (God’s will) in the future.

Bhai Sahib gave me five rupees and a lot of sarbloh utensils. I told him that I could not afford to use desi ghee but he said to use saro(n) da tael instead.

Getting Peshed with My Family

With Bhai Sahib’s encouragement, I gave up pulling a rickshaw and took a job at the post office as a guard. From there I became a packer, then a postman then a clerk and today I have received a promotion to Under-Postmaster. My memories of Bhai Sahib have been refreshed today and so I wrote some lines.

With Dr. Sahib’s support, my wife and children began to wear the Khalsa’s BaaNa and seeing this, Baoo Mul Singh jee was very happy. He blessed us and had us appear before the punj pyaaray and we became tyaar-bar-tyaar. I am forever bowing my head before Gursikhs like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, respected Baoo Mul Singh jee, Dr. Surinder Singh and other high Gursikh souls in Sachkhand and beg, “Daeho sajjan aseesReeaa(n) jio hovai sahib sio(n) maelâ€

Taken from www.tapoban.org

Guest gurpreet_singh101

Taken From www.tapoban.org

Evil Spirits Flee in Terror from Gursikhs: Baraylee Smaagam 1959 & 61

By Prof. Thakur Singh

Translated by Admin www.tapoban.org

The July and August Smaagams used to take place in Baraylee but in 1959, the Smaagam

took place in May. In this Smaagam's amrit sinchaar, a couple from Mainpuree was

blessed a lot with spiritual ecstasy. Another amazing incident from this amrit sinchaar is

the case of the woman attacked by an evil spirit. This woman was from Baraylee. When

she appeared before the Punj Pyaaray, she told Jathedar Sahib, Baoo Mul Singh jee, "An

evil spirit has possessed me but she could not enter this place. She remained outside the

door." Baoo jee assured the woman that in this place no evil spirit could enter. Wherever

naam is repeated then forget evil spirits, even Jamm Doot cannot enter. "Jaih sadhoo

gobind bhajan keertan nanak neet|| Naa hou(n) Naih too(n) Naih chhoTih nikT na jaaeeoh

doot"

Dharam Raja tells his Jamm-Doot the above that wherever saintly people are and where

there is naam simran or keertan, don't go near that place. Otherwise, "neither I nor you

can be saved".

Then Baoo jee told the woman that she should receive amrit and meditate on naam and

all spirits would leave. When all the peshees had finished and the Bata was prepared, the

aspirants came one at a time to receive amrit. When that woman's turn came, drops of

amrit entered her and she was taught naam. As she began to jap naam, she screamed out

"That spirit has run away!".

Another even more amazing incident is this: A very scary looking woman, who would

cause children to run away just by looking at her, was brought to the Baraylee Smaagam

in 1961. This was a very superstitious and irrational woman. She was prepared in order to

present her before the Panj Pyaaray. When it came her turn to be Peshed, she stopped in

front of the door. She would not go in. When even a number of people together could not

drag her in, then the Jathedar of the Punj Pyaaray, Baoo Mul Singh jee came out with his

unsheathed sword and told the woman to come in. At this, that horrible, scary, witch-like

woman glared with red eyes at Baoo jee and lunged at Baoo jee screaming "I won't leave

you either!"

Baoo Jee challenged the spirit possessing this woman and said "Fine, I'm ready. You

leave this woman and come into me." The spirit replied "I won't leave her" and she lay

down in front of the door.

Sree Maan Baoo jee motioned to some Singhs who then picked up the woman and

brought her inside. Upon entering, she quietly sat down. She was held and given amrit.

When the Punj Pyaaray were imparting Gur-Mantar, she stubbornly resisted for some

time but then she could not resist the sound of Gur-Mantar and began to loudly cry out

"Leave me alone! Leave me alone! I'll leave! I'll leave her!" Baoo jee replied "You had

said you wouldn't leave this woman…." The spirit then exclaimed, "I was never going to

Guest gurpreet_singh101

Few incidents from Narangvaal Smagam

Langar

No organisation of langar was better than at Narangvaal. Humble, and fully devoted

tyaar-bar-tyaar sevadaars did seva here. They were simple and fearless Gursikhs with no

other interest but service and they considered the Sangat to be the Guru's own form. They

did everything to get the happiness of the Guru. All things needed for the langar were

naturally available there: milk, ghee, yoghurt, butter-milk, flour, guR, sugar, daals,

vegetables, firewood, etc. Nothing was bought, all was available naturally. Make saag, or

sabzee or kheer or make degh or palao, but do not say anything but naam or baaNee in

the langar. Like Nitnem, Sukhmanee Saahib, Sodar, and other paaths happen at a

gurdvara, all took place here in the langar, with ardaas. The main organisers of the langar

were Bhai Naahar Singh jee (not the book editor, another Singh) and Bibi Anand Kaur

jee. From Amrit Vela 3AM to 10PM at night, the langar continued without stop.

Sometimes makee day parshaday were distributed, other times yoghurt, butter, butter-milk,

daal, subjee, and of course parshaaday. Sometimes there was hot guR and sugar, or

kheer or KaRah Parshaad from GuR or sometimes even sweet rice. One side was the Gur-

shabad or food for the soul and on the other was Guru kaa Langar to satisfy the mind and

body. All hunger was gone. The big kaRaahaa was always on the fire and was only empty

a couple times when it was cleaned with water and a cloth. After cooking all food, it was

put in a couple of tubs or smaller kaRaahees. One type of food was distributed and in that

time another would arrive. It was "toTaa mool naa(n) aavaiee".

On the actual day of Dashmesh jee's birth at Poh Sudee Saptmee, the Akhand Paath

would begin to conclude at 4AM. At this time, all the Guru's beloveds would take their

place and the rooms and verandas of the house were so packed that one couldn't even find

a place for a small seed.

After the Bhog of the Sree Akhand Paath Saahib, Bhai Saahib would begin the keertan in

the enthusiasm for Sree Guru Gobind Singh jee's birth. At that time, Bhai Saahib would

have a yearning to meet Dashmesh jee that would come out from his glowing face. Right

away after the start of the keertan, the entire atmosphere would change and the darshan-thirsty

souls would cry out from within in such a way that entire sangat would have a

divine current race through them and would become drenched with tears of bairaag and

savour the feeling.

In this bairagee Sangat, Bhai Saahib was in such a glowing state that it seemed as if he

was lost within the darshan of Dashmesh Pitaa Jee, and was singing every line of baaNee

in the love of Kalgeedhaar jee. He would cry out:

"Mohi giyaa bairaagee jogee. Ghat ghat kinguree vaiee…."

From each line of this shabad, he would get darshan and see Patshaah upon his true

throne.

Others like Bhai Amolak Singh, who had been on the second vaja beside Bhai Saahib

would then recite keertan from the fifth chhaka. Sometimes Bhai Jaan Sukhaalaa or Bhai

Surjan Singh would grab a third vaja and sing keertan. Then came the Bibis. There were

seven bibis who Bhai Saahib had arranged to learn keertan and all seven took a vaja. All

were the emobdiment of simplicity and all were crowned with dastaars. The first shabad

Bibi Updesh Kaur Panjokhara valay sang was "Morai Hirdai Basuho Gopal" and the

arrows of BaaNee began to fly. They would sing shabads which applied to each chhakaa

and with the BaaNee, they would allow the Sangat to see Guru Dasam Pitaa jee through

their souls.

At 2pm Bhai Saahib jee would again begin keertan, this time Bhai Surjan Singh jee,

swaying to the keertan, sat on the second vaja. Baba jee sang a bairagi shabad in such a

piercing voice that the entire sangat was lost. Baba jee himself was swaying like a tree in

the wind while sitting at the vaja.

RaN Sabaaee

At 7/8PM, the RaN Sabaaee would begin, which would last till day and then continue

with the Divas Suhaylaa which would conlcude the following evening at Rehraas. This

was 24 hour keertan. Sometimes it would happen that the keertan started on the morning

of the Gurpurab would go till Sodar Rehras and then become attached to the RaN Sabaaee and

Divas Suhaylaa. So like this, for even more than 36 hours the sangat would sit

uninterrupted.

The RaN Sabaaee would take place in the open yard. From the Langar veranda to the

outter gates, the Sangat would sit according the words of baaNee: "Satsangat mil raheeyai

madho jaisay madhum makheeraa"

Bhai Saahib would begin with the shabad "Saavee(n) satgur aapNaa har simree(n) din

sabh raaN". He would then sing other shabads on this theme like "Gurmukh jaag rahay

din raatee(n)", "Har uttam har prabh gaaviyaa kar naad bilaaval raag", "Jaagnaa jaagan

neekaa har keertan maih jaagnaa", "bhinee raanReeaai chamkan taaray", "aihnis jaagai

nee(n)d na sovai". At around 11/12 Bhai Saahib would conclude and the 7 bibi jatha

began.

The Ran Sabaaee would be even more amazing than the amrit vela keertan. The effects of

keertan and baaNee would become even deeper as they continued from the first

smaagams (i.e. 1st keertan, akhand paath, nagar keertan, and amrit vela keertan). Some

souls were so intoxicated that like a wind up clock, their Naam Khanda kept going and

wouldn't slow down or stop. They were so senseless in this state that they would even

have an effect on those around them. The keertan in its own amazing way would

continue. All keertanee Gurmukh brother and sisters would enjoy bliss in the keertan

from start to finish. No one had even the thought of asking for a turn to do keertan. No

one had any need to stand or sleep. All were so immersed that no one had any awareness

of their bodies. Only by breaking from the nectar can boredom, fatigue and sleep attack.

Keertan was not recited for others but to please the Guru. No announcement took place

during the keertan, and when the keertanee was to be changed, it happened through hand

motions alone.

A lot of Naam loving brothers and sisters arrived at the Narangvaal Smaagam. No flashy

clothes or individuals with unfocussed consciousness were seen. No Nigureys or atheists

were around…what work did they have here? But despite this, the meditation on

Gurmantar was not done openly. In fact, if some soul was totally struck by the nectar and

the Naam Khanda began to go, it would continue to enjoy that condition for the entire

night and the keertan would continue in its own place.

The absence of fatigue, and sleep and the ever-increasing immersion in divine colours has

one important reason and that was that during the RaN Sabaaee and Divas Suhaylaa, for

24 hours, no Langar besides water was consumed. The enjoyment one can take from

naam and baaNee without food cannot be enjoyed after eating and being totally full.

After listening to keertan for 24 hours, after the bhog, the hunger for more keertan

increased. Singhs would go to their homes and continue with more keertan or naam

abhyaas. There was no question of sleep or hunger. All bodies were light and it felt as if

they were floating on air. The echo of keertan would last for many days in each person's

ears. :lol: d_oh.gif

Dr. Preetam Singh jee AnjaaN, Jalandhar valay

Author: Admin

Date: 09-24-03 18:34

A lot of the Sangat has just recently discovered this Singh's keertan and everyone loves it. Dr. Sahib's life shows why his keertan is so amazing. I think Dr. Sahib's relationship with his Singhnee is also very touching and examples are included in this biography

Dr. Preetam Singh jee AnjaaN, Jalandhar valay

In Soora, July 1999

Translated by Admin www.tapoban.org

Dr. Preetam Singh jee was born in the home of Bhai Jasvant Singh jee and Mata Jasbeer Kaur jee on April 24, 1961. Dr. Sahib's father was a leading Singh in the Jalandhar AKJ and Mata jee was also a leading keertanee. So, according to past karma Dr. Sahib was born in a religious atmosphere and from his childhood remained coloured in naam. He would go to smaagams with his mother and father and would pass through the sangat and come to the front and sit beside the keertanee Singhs and be lost. From amongst his two brothers and six sisters, Dr. Sahib was the best in his schooling and studied homeopathic medicine. Along side his difficult medical studies, he also studied Gurmat with full dedication and received training from his parents and other Gursikhs.

Dr. Sahib had a lot of baaNee memorised and besides his nitnem of 5 baaNees, he would recite many others as well. His consciousness was so attuned to shabad that when he'd sing GurbaaNee Keertan, he would be so attached to the meanings of the baaNee that he would be lost in vairaag and divine colours and leave the listeners immersed as well.

Dr. Sahib's heart was always tormented by the rise of bad practices in the Sikh Panth and with his writings, he would speak out against them. He would also encourage his companions to resist these wrong practices as well.

Writing about unnecessary and thoughtless "PramaaN" or examples in keertan Dr. Sahib wrote (sarcastically), "We Jatha Singhs, what need do we have to study GurbaaNee? We've studied from the Divine Court of course and are leaders. The rest of the world is stuck in "churaasee" or reincarnation. Using unsuitable examples (PramaaN) and attaching unsuitable lines from baaNee to our keertan and doing dhunee of Gurmantar at inappropriate places has become our identity." Then Dr. Sahib prays, "Oh God, keep us away from such an identity, and give us such a rebirth that we only consider ourselves capable of judging ourselves and finding our own mistakes. Let us reflect on GurbaaNee Paath, Keertan, GurbaaNee veechaar and Guru-History with such humility but sharp intellect that our identity becomes that of only Naam-loving Ranglay Sajjan."

Dr. Sahib made the lines "Prithmai man parbodheh apnaa paachhai avr reejhaavai" or " First, he instructs his own mind, and then, he leads others" apply to his life completely. He would encourage his companions to look at themselves first and shape their lives according to GurbaaNee. His heart was a spring of faith for GurbaaNee. As a sign of this faith, he wrote a pothee of the 5 baaNees with his own hands and give it to his wife as an amazing gift.

Dr. Sahib was always ready to help the needy. He wouldn't care for his own life when helping others. Once when going to Delhi, someone's house was on fire. In that house a young child was trapped. Dr. Sahib fearlessly went through the flames to pick up the child and bring him out. He became the subject of the child's parents and others blessings.

Bhai Preetam Singh jee AnjaaN wanted to live every part of his life according to GurbaaNee. He didn't just desire this, he always tried to bring it into practice as well. He called himself the most lowly and addressing his wife, he wrote: "I'm bitter, dirty and shameless and all other things, but I've always been afraid to do wrong. Perhaps this fear will one day bring some big change within me and I'll become a good person and then become a good life partner for you. When loving words and baaNee become our life, then the desire to meet in [barahmaha's] Vaisakh and Jayth's desire to unite will become our fortune. Then I don't know why our luck is so bad. Let's work together and according to Guru Sahib's description of both these months let's have the pangs of love and bring Gursikhi jeevan into this love. Both of our births falling in the month of Vaisakh are no small or insignificant thing. Nor is it just usual. It's important for both of us to understand the meaning of this."

Dr. Sahib would read Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh jee's books with great interest and seeing the example of a great Sikh in these books would try to bring his example into his own life and encourage others to do the same. Being influenced by these books, Dr. Sahib warned about the weakness coming into the practice of Tat Gurmat: "Today, we need a Tat Khalsa which Guru Gobind Singh prepared by giving amrit. We shouldn't try to just administer amrit and increase the number of amritdhaarees, but today we need religious and Naamee Singhs who live practical Gursikhi Jeevans. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh jee writes in Ranglay Sajjan about amrit sinchaars in those times. What kind of Punj pyaaray and what kind of abhilakhees there were and what kind of lifestyle they should have. Only those Punj Pyaaray who are coloured in GurbaaNee in mind and body can choose worthy candidates who know the value of Amrit. But today in the Sikh Panth and our Akhand Keertanee Jatha, there are changes being made according to individual mindsets, which are bringing a downfall in the Khalsa Panth. Bringing our own changes into the rehit maryada has resulted in apostasy and prevalent drug use in the Sikh youth."

In this way Dr. Sahib always desired the chardee kalaa of the Khalsa Panth and attempted to guard the Tat-Gurmat lifestyle. If we try to write about other examples in his life for this goal, we could write an entire book.

Like puraatan Gursikhs, by being coloured in naam, Dr. Sahib knew that his final days were approaching but didn’t' tell anyone about it. Sometimes though, his words gave hints about this. In a Smaagam at Bastee Sheikh at Jalandhar, he unconsciously said, "I'm going to be wounded in my head. There's little time and so much to do."

Knowing about his final days, Bhai Sahib did not let any weakness or change enter his life. He desired to obey the divine orders only. Some time before, Dr. Sahib's mother had a dream of his dying in a car accident. Instead of saying something else to confuse his mother, he said "Thank Guru Sahib. Maybe Guru Sahib is giving you a signal and preparing you to accept his will."

Finally that time arrived on June 27, 1998. The Sangat of Ludhiana had called him to do keertan at a RaN Sabaaee, and even though he didn't feel like going due to both bodily and mental fatigue, he accepted the orders of the Sangat and left for Ludhiana. Seeing his arrival, the Sangat of Ludhiana was very happy and for 1.25 hours he sang the shabad "Man mayray sachay naam vitho(n) bal jaao" and he kept doing svaas svaas Khanda of Naam.

After this, he played joRee (tabla) for some time and enjoyed the bliss of keertan. According to divine will, Dr. Sahib rose at amrit vela 3AM from sangat and taking the blessings of sangat and doing naam hugs with other Singhs, he left with his wife and children. 5KM from Filaur on the road to Goraaiyaa(n), Dr. Sahib's jeep was in an accident and just like his mother's dream, he was injured in his head and left for his place at the Guru's feet. At his final moments, his mind and voice were both repeating Gurmantar which was heard by a guard who stood nearby who then told the Singhs who came to get the body.

Dr. Preetam Singh jee was an amazing NirbaaN Keertanee but was also a very sweet Akhand Paathee. When he read BaaNee, it was like arrows piercing the listeners' hearts. He was a total bundle of good qualities. Whoever did his Sangat, could not help but make an eternal place for him in their hearts.

http://naamvairaag.blogspot.com/2006/01/dr...-jalandhar.html