Animals

SikherOfTheNaam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tru grin.gif but plants dont have a nervous system like animals do and they dont have pain receptors...

i understand where your coming from completely. but nevertheless, pain receptors or not, we can never know. we can't limit waheguru to mere science... nobody knows... maybe plants have a different system, which hasn't been discovered yet, and maybe is undiscoverable. only waheguru knows...

with all due respect...

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

lol i think u can look at these as "rhetorical" questions more than anything else...point being, SOME ppl say that when we eat plants we're killing them too and whats the diff b/w killing plants and meat...ive just come across this argument alot...its just something to think about...ppl will always stick to what they think is rite, which is up to God we cant change noones ideas and noone can change ours...

im not proposing sumthing, im raising questions in the minds of those ppl that think killing plants is equal to killing animals and, in turn, use it to explain why they eat meat...by all means go ahead and eat humans if u want...but sum ppl just use a wrong approach in justifying they actions..thats the point i wanted to get across..

i'll leave it at that...those of us who were meant to think it over will, those of us who werent, wont...thaz just the way it iz :D

pce

lol i think u can look at these as "rhetorical" questions more than anything else...point being, SOME ppl say that when we eat plants we're killing them too and whats the diff b/w killing plants and meat...ive just come across this argument alot...its just something to think about...ppl will always stick to what they think is rite, which is up to God we cant change noones ideas and noone can change ours...

im not proposing sumthing, im raising questions in the minds of those ppl that think killing plants is equal to killing animals and, in turn, use it to explain why they eat meat...by all means go ahead and eat humans if u want...but sum ppl just use a wrong approach in justifying they actions..thats the point i wanted to get across..

i'll leave it at that...those of us who were meant to think it over will, those of us who werent, wont...thaz just the way it iz :D

pce

Bhenji,

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. I wasn't talking about meat, nor am I promoting eating it... With all due respect, I was just replying to your question:

i have a question.......do plants have feelings?? (watch sum1 say they do )

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Bhul Chuk Maaf...

WJKK WJKF!

Hi to all, i was curious i want to be a vet when i'm older and i work there voluntray at the moment but i was thinking if i was to be initaited into the khalsa would it be wrong for me to put animals down if they were extrmeely unwell. I was thinking that it is killing them, but that is against God's will.

Please may you Sangat help me.

Many thanks,

Khalsa123

hey topic was khalsa ji want to be Vet .. Khalsa ji dont ask us .. u can ask Our Guru Ji .. just Go in front of Guru Sahib .. do ardas and take Hukum of Guru Ji .. everythin will be clear .. Fateh Parwan karni Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i just have a question... would it be considered as 'paap' if we killed living creatures we dont like. For example, u stepped on a spider... or u saw it on the wall... and killed it.. ?? :D

I have a question....would it be Paap to killing a living, breathing, breading plant.........especially for our own gratification?

i have a question.......do plants have feelings?? (watch sum1 say they do rolleyes.gif )

Guruji seems to think so:

Page 143 of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

mehlaa 1.

vaykh je mithaa kati-aa kat kut baDhaa paa-ay.

khundhaa andar rakh kai dayn so mal sajaa-ay.

ras kas tatar paa-ee-ai tapai tai villaa-ay.

bhee so fog samaalee-ai dichai ag jaalaa-ay.

naanak mithai patree-ai vaykhhu lokaa aa-ay.

First Mehl:

Look, and see how the sugar-cane is cut down. After cutting away its branches, its feet are bound together into bundles,

and then, it is placed between the wooden rollers and crushed.

What punishment is inflicted upon it! Its juice is extracted and placed in the cauldron; as it is heated, it groans and cries out.

And then, the crushed cane is collected and burnt in the fire below.

Nanak: come, people, and see how the sweet sugar-cane is treated!

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

Clearly Guruji saw like in everything around........I woud say Guruji saw life at a molecular level and beyond.........so to ask whether they have feelings or not is meaningless. Some humans are devoid of any feeling or compassion.....some people I have met feel no pain (people in martials no that), the process of pain is complex....when one suffers bad pain the body goes into trauma, to prevent us feeling the pain.