Protest In Edinburgh

Sikh Soldier

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

y does it matter who came or did not? so now u curse the thiousands of sikhs who did not come on da day. how long for? y is this protest more importnt than ur other hundreds of protests that u do in the year. jus cuz its in the news, we dont want sikhs to look stupid against how muslims protest or cus u organized the protest. whats da outcome now, what did the protest achieve except show the world that only 100 sikhs will turn up to ur protests. b4 u get excited about slating the sikh comunity, did u make sure the sikh comunity new about what happened? did u raise awareness in the gurdwaras and tell the uncles n auntys, becus the majority of people did not know about the kids hair getting cut. did u think of waiting for a few weeks n tellin the sangat about wat happened then oraganising the protest. cus u wud have got a bigger response u cud have filled a coach full of auntys. was it a case of the the right people got to show they r doing somethin so they jus go ahead and organise the protest, like its a race to win.

to me it looks like some sikhs had to prove that they cud make a song n dance about an issue and they raced ahead to orgainse this, another week of rallying n maybe u wud have got the 1000 sikhs to turn up.

also to all u r4g protester out there, did u know da gurdwara u met at in edinborough let meat and boos in the hall? i bet that was not the issue of the day though becus it wudnt make the news. so r4g only protest when its sumones wedding? no.gif not when its a gurdwara committee!

Sikh Politics --- don't you just love it? Fight fight fight each other! Fight in private and fight online and then fight in public if you have to, point fingers, beat your chests, prove yourself over others, fight fight fight!

I'm just waiting for the next riot when Sikhs will be humiliated on international TV again all because of Sikh politics and wanting to prove a point. Bring it on --- some people are doing a good job of turning Sikhs into mini-muslims.

Yes, it seems that some peoples agenda were not so much to show solidarity with the victim as to make it into an opportunity for self righteous posturing!

Guru Fateh d_oh.gif

(please dont organise a protest against me!) :D

I agree with Rupinder Singh.

Also, the youths havent even been caught yet. For all we know, this could be one boys plan to cut his hair - like it was in Canada not too long ago. Not saying that he has done that, but you have to look at things from all angles. Say that it came out that it was just a plan... all this would make us look MEGA SUPA stupid.

I rate the organisers for wanting to raise the awareness but the intentions seemed a bit more political to me and that is wrong.

Forget the beadbi of Guru Maharaj at a Gurdwara in Edinburgh - if certain organisation and individual who chairs it can get his name up there ke woh flaaneh bandhe neh organise keetaah... then its happy days for them.

Please take this as my opinion and no offence to anyone. Bhul chuk maaf karni.

Golee Maro

You make some excellent points! Indeed, imagine if there was a situation like the kid in Canada who cut his own hair and claimed a racist attack, how stupid we would be made to look. I'm sure that is not the case in this incident, but sadly it has happened and is always a possibility in the future no matter how small a chance whne things like this happened.

Have you all heard of the proverb of the boy who cried wolf? You should all read that proverb and reflect upon it.

Guru Fateh d_oh.gif

Regardless of all the opinions.......

THE CHANCE AROSE FOR US TO SHOW OUR SUPPORT FOR OUR BROTHER WHO HAD HIS KESH FORCFULLY REMOVED

THE CHANCE AROSE FOR US TO RAISE THE IMPORTANCE OF KESH TO SIKHS TO A COMMUNITY THAT DIDNT NO

those who took the oppurtunity with open arms did those who didnt - DIDNT, simple as!

No point jumpin up and down about it now!

Bhul chuk maaf!

No point jumpin up and down about it now!

If there is no point jumpin up and down about it now, why are some people doing exactly that by pointing fingers and making accusations? grin.gif

Well at least it was a peaceful protest, for which I congratulate them --- we don't know when the next riot and mass brawl and violence will take place to make Sikhs look like jaanwars and get beamed all around the world --- followed by protestors trying to persuade people that Sikhs are peace loving and tolerant and not mini-muslim fundamentalists.

Well done for that!

(although maybe if an opposing group had also turned up you could have done the finger pointing and accusations there and had a punch up at the peace vigil for everyone to see LOL.gif )

I am just kidding. Please, no death threats.

Guru Fateh d_oh.gif

who was the protest against? the police were taking the situation seriously, the media people wrote about the incident sensitvly. really it was about shwing off that some leaders have oragnsition skills? if it was about showin suppurt, that cud have been done in other ways. how cum noone thinks about there gurubani when it comes to this. we cud have done paath in evry british gurdwara n the sangat wud have felt more united. maybe then u cud then have organised ur peaceful protest becus people wud have come. instead of slating the sangat y dont u guys revist how and y u organized this protest, wat outcum u wanted and wat outcum u got. did u get the pardaans get the wah wah they wanted.

now what? wat happens now?? was the protest the end of the situation.

i personally feel i had to go just to show i care. the local sangat needed our support. the police saw that sikhs care and will not let this go away. no one looked or acted like a muslim. everyone was dignified and the event passed off peacefully. it was positive media coverage.

i personally feel i had to go just to show i care. the local sangat needed our support. the police saw that sikhs care and will not let this go away. no one looked or acted like a muslim. everyone was dignified and the event passed off peacefully. it was positive media coverage.

pat on the back for all then. its lovely to know people care, but wat now?