Protest In Edinburgh

Sikh Soldier

It is interesting reading the views of ppl. Clearly a couple of ppl have agendas against others.

Never mind as long as they feel good about themsleves.

For those doubting the boy was attacked and suggesting he may have done it himself, please provide evidence.

i think u r talkin about me. y is wat i have said look like i got an agendas. all i m replyin to is waht sikh soldier asked, he asked why i did not cum. i told u my reasons, i think all this protest outside weddins, sikh camps and ligting candels is pointles. dats my opinin which i m entitled to. i agree with glasgow singh becus he had made the most sense. all u others r just high on cursein people who dont agree wid u.

rab rakha d_oh.gif i am still a learner.

I was NOT referring to you.

You are entitled to your opinion bro.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RATHER THAN TALK ON THE NET WHY DONT WE TURN UP TO THESE OCCASIONS. IF YOU CARE SOOOO MUCH ABOUT BEADBI WHY NOT GO TO EDINBURGH AND TACKLE THE ISSUE YOURSELF. WHY YOU LEAVING IT TO OTHERS? ARE YOU NOT SIKH? DO YOU NOT HAVE THE GUTS? ARE THEY NOT YOUR GURU? IF YOU HAD BOTHERED TURNING UP YOU MIGHT HAVE NOTICED THE ISSUE WAS RAISED.

OK I UNDERSTAND YOU COULD MAKE IT BECAUSE YOU HAD TO WATCH TV. DONT WORRY THERE IS PLENTY OF BEADBI GOING AROUND NEAR YOU. LET ME KNOW WHICH AREA YOU ARE FROM AND I WILL PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOU TO TACKLE. I PROMISE IT WONT BE TOO FAR FOR YOU.

lol. LOL.gif no i didnt get to c tv. i live in brum pm me ur list, it wud b interestin. r u all goin 2 focus ur powers on attackin me now. wats the point. i am a nobody, wat does my opiinion matter. or am i wrong grin.gifrolleyes.gif

RATHER THAN TALK ON THE NET WHY DONT WE TURN UP TO THESE OCCASIONS. IF YOU CARE SOOOO MUCH ABOUT BEADBI WHY NOT GO TO EDINBURGH AND TACKLE THE ISSUE YOURSELF. WHY YOU LEAVING IT TO OTHERS? ARE YOU NOT SIKH? DO YOU NOT HAVE THE GUTS? ARE THEY NOT YOUR GURU? IF YOU HAD BOTHERED TURNING UP YOU MIGHT HAVE NOTICED THE ISSUE WAS RAISED.

OK I UNDERSTAND YOU COULD MAKE IT BECAUSE YOU HAD TO WATCH TV. DONT WORRY THERE IS PLENTY OF BEADBI GOING AROUND NEAR YOU. LET ME KNOW WHICH AREA YOU ARE FROM AND I WILL PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOU TO TACKLE. I PROMISE IT WONT BE TOO FAR FOR YOU.

lol. LOL.gif no i didnt get to c tv. i live in brum pm me ur list, it wud b interestin. r u all goin 2 focus ur powers on attackin me now. wats the point. i am a nobody, wat does my opiinion matter. or am i wrong grin.gifrolleyes.gif

DONT TAKE IT PERSONALLY.

I'LL TELL YOU THE BEADBI I KNOW OF IN YOUR AREA. GURDWARAS WITH HALLS: WEDNESFIELD, RAMGARIA BIRMINGHAM, RAMGARIA COVENTRY, LEICESTER RAMGARIA.

lets get one thing straight, i m as gutted as u lot that one of our kids kes was cut. all i want to make a point about is what was the outcum of the protests? wen these lads who dun it get arrested how serious will the charge be, will they just get off with small charges or have an ASBO against them. wat is bein dun about that? i am no brave man, i admit it. i just think these knee <admin-profanity filter activated> mob reactions to all sikh issues dont always achieve anythin. our mps shud be lobbyin in parliment for stricter laws against attacks on a sikhs hair. is neone sorting that out. there r meant to be organizations n leaders who cud push dat through. i think a protest was the most predictable reaction from british sikhs becus that seem to be the only thing sikhs can do. and now after havin the protest do sikhs think the issue us closed? wat happens now? noone seems to want to answer that question.

Good points rupinder. I have said it before and I will say it again ---- Sikhism is fast becoming associated in Britain as a religion of the mob. It is only a matter of time before some mob turns rowdy and violence takes place just as it did at the Birmingham Rep and all the things we need to help us --- good relations, peaceful protesting, an image of peaceful community, is turned against us to our detriment.

Good points rupinder. I have said it before and I will say it again ---- Sikhism is fast becoming associated in Britain as a religion of the mob. It is only a matter of time before some mob turns rowdy and violence takes place just as it did at the Birmingham Rep and all the things we need to help us --- good relations, peaceful protesting, an image of peaceful community, is turned against us to our detriment.

like wat happens if theses racist lads get arrested n they go to court and get off wid a fine. do sikhs then go n protest again? this protesting lark has no end, it makes sikhs think they have got sum kind of outcum cos they took time out n spent a day in scotland, but wat is the real outcum? does neone really know.

sikhs who didnt make the time to go get cursed. sikhs got press coverage. in the newspaper today is 5 minutes of news, tommorrow that newspapers going to be wrapping sumones chips. news today is 4goten in seconds. n den wat, another protest, but next time the press might be bored of the story and dont give ne coverage.

Well rupinder, you are bang on the money when you talk about the need for a long term view to be taken with special attention paid to the Sikh image as projected through the actions of Sikhs in their activism.

Generally speaking, the Sikh image is good, and that is because generally speaking Sikhs are law abiding citizens and peaceful. However, in order to protect the rights of Sikhs in the long term, at a time in which Sikhs are dicriminated against, misidentified as Muslims, it is important to project a MATURE and CIVILSED image to show that Sikhs are RESPONSIBLE British citizens.

My worry is that every time there is a protest there is potential for scenes that will discredit Sikhs and our attempts to secure rights through legislation and community protection. Images of radicalised youths, Sikhs fighting each other, or even worse, causing violence through unmediated protest, will be detrimental to the Sikh cause.