Should I Go To The Prom?

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

there is a prom going to happen next year and my friends want me to go, but it's £20.00!! and that is to pay for the DJ music, food, chocolate fountain, security guard and the room hire. But i dont want to hear the DJ givin out crap cuz i dont listen to music, its pointless amd its maayaa, and then i aint gna eat the food or the chocolate fountain cuz of joot (hygene)!! but ppl want me to go and then i feel bad if i dont go, but as far as i think, i dont feel i should go, please give me your opinions, the only reason i would be going there would be to spend the last gud time with my frends, i dont know, please give me some advice!!! is it wrong or is it ok? help plz. kipaa karo!!!

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh :e:

i was actually thinking the same thing for my prom comin up... whether i shuld go or not?!?!?!

i recently came to a decision i would go cuz im just gona go have fun wit ma boiz as we got love fo each other n sikhi is about love... if i dont go then our love mite stop before that very nite... if i go maybe we'll all have such a good time that we'll actually keep in touch our whole lives... so its all your choice

Vaheguru, this is only a moorakhs and manmukhs view on tingz so like iunno... im guessing all the other gurmukhs on dis forum wuld actually tell u not to go.... and if they say so i agree...

bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

are parents going to be there? if yes then go by all means have a fun time. if not then u know there's going to be like booze n stuff. and people are going to get drunk outta their minds

I went Prom last year - there was no alcohol on the site (hotel) can u believe it no1 tried to bring any in and the food was naff and no1 had any anyways...At the after party there was alcohol but I must say for my friends it was very controlled (my friends are all athiests- i live in that kinda area) I had a good time with a small group of mates in the kitchen- no drink etc. Had a great time and I know i wud have regretted it if i didnt go :lol: also the music was low and i think it didnt play through most of the party cos my mates mum was sleepin upstairs lol...so i suppose it depends on the kinda school u go to and the kinda mates u got? Try writin down the pro's and con's or something?

P.S I also got my first ride in a limo that day...good times...good stuff :D

ok im one of the narrow minded people.

Personally i would say not to go, as sikhs we should keep sangat of gursikhs, and not go to places which would prevent us from japping naam. The atmosphere of songs meat and dancing, these are the kind of things we should stay away from.

Its ur decison, but jus think while ur at this prom, imagine ur father guru gobind singh jee mahraj lookin at u, would you be ashamed as to were you are at that moment? Mahraj knows and sees all.

japp naam

be happy

Vahigurooooo

why would you regret not going after, we have a chance to japp naam in this world, dont waste time indulgin in maya

sorry if i sed nefink rong, please correct me if i have :D

na i mean cos i live age away fm skool i never got to see a lot of my mates agin afterwards...its too hard to find time etc. i can only chat to em on msn - aint the same.

but i agree woth you - the moorakh side of me says- i'll never again then the sikhi side of me says Naam Jappo what else more do i need?

Dont bother. I didnt go to my prom i dont regret it. Besides lets get real, the prom is just an excuse for teh girls to wear short tight skirts, and for teh boys to do there 'pimping'. People without a doubt will be drinking alcohol, as well as drugs. We all know what happens with the 'bumping and teh grinding'.

Its a waste of time, waste of money and just plain wasteful. And youve said it yourself that your going to please your friends. Would you jump of a cliff to please your friends? (cliche) The fact that your asking the question goes to show that you deep down do not want to go.