Question About Akj

Guest Narinder Singh

someone mentioned that Sahib Sri Akali Guru Granth Sahib Ji started with pavan raag shri, and that raagmala starts from pavan raag bhairo, well it should be taken into account that maharaj wasnt grouped into its raags untill bhai sahib bhai mani singh, so the argument that Raagmala is not bani is totally baseless on the soul conception that raagmala doesnt begin with pavan raag shri.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest A Singh.

someone mentioned that Sahib Sri Akali Guru Granth Sahib Ji started with pavan raag shri, and that raagmala starts from pavan raag bhairo, well it should be taken into account that maharaj wasnt grouped into its raags untill bhai sahib bhai mani singh, so the argument that Raagmala is not bani is totally baseless on the soul conception that raagmala doesnt begin with pavan raag shri.

And this is completely incorrect. Guru Arjun Dev Ji was the one who organised the Gurbani into Raags. This is not a secret and is very well known basic knowledge. Why else do all Saroops show, from the time of the 5th to the 9th Gurus the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in the same layout that we find it today? The only change made by Bhai Mani Singh as the scribe, was the addition of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji's Bani before Mundavani.

Guest Narinder Singh
First off this question isnt in favor nor is it against the rehit of AKJ.

The AKJ seemingly puts a lot of emphasis put on "puratan maryada" and upholding the true rehit laid out by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. But what about the rehit regarding the style of kirtan? Isnt it supposed to be sung in raag as per tradition and instructions given in Sri Guru Granth Sahib as to what raag to use? I would like to know the reason for this.

This is a simple question and I hope everyone stays on topic, please dont turn this into a pro-akj or anti-akj debate, if it turns into that, i would advice that this topic be closed.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

This was my post, obviously many of you couldnt stick to what was originally asked.

Please close this topic.

the topic has been hijacked and gone off topic

if i was a mod i would close the thread because rules are being broken :lol:

i should be a mod!