Question About Akj

Guest Narinder Singh

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

WHAT I STATED BEFORE EARLIER STILL CARRYS ON IN THIS THREAD, DNT DEBATE IT!!!!!!!!

END OFF! ADMIN BENTI 2 CLOSE THIS AS I CAN TELL IT GONAN LEAD 2 JATHA BASHING WHICH IS VERY UNKHALSA LIKE!

vjkk vjkf!

Guest A Singh.

I was not referring to a particular Rehat Maryada. Originally the at the Akal Takht was that Raagmala was not read. Jasbir Singh Rode, when he was Jathedar in 1986, changed this and forced the reading of Raagmala. There is a specific protocol or Maryada for changing the running at Akal Takht; the Jathedar cannot do as he pleases - this is what I was referring to.

This would be a good example of someone not following the Khalsa Panth (worth remembering there were various times when Sant Jarnail Singh himself mentioned that everyone should respect the Maryada at Akal Takht Sahib) and rather following their particular Jathebandi (in this case Rode was aligned with Damdami Taksal, who are staunch followers of Raagmala and tend to make it more of an issue than others do).

The Saroops mentioned supposedly authored by Baba Deep Singh Ji have already been shown by Joginder Singh Talwara not to have been the case.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I would ask Admin to close this thread. But I have a specific question in relation to a point raised by A. Singh. Maybe Admin could close it after this question is answered. :lol:

A. Singh - if the Damdami Bir, to which Dasam Pita Jee gave Gurgaddi got lost, how do we know whether it contained Raagmala or not?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Guest A Singh.

As I mentioned, whether or not the Damdama Sahib Saroop contained Raagmala would be dependant on personal opinion - however the changes such as - Padh-Chedh, grammar/spelling mistakes, addition of the name of publishers, etc, are obvious deviations which can be seen by looking at all other Puratan Saroops.

A. singh

obviously followers of guru jees taksal are going to make an issue about raagmala, when we have certain individuals saying it isnt bani and producing literature etc. such as they are now supporting guru gobind singh jees bani, it seems akj make raagmala more of an issue then anyone, by producing literature which u give at rensbhais, i ent seen any taksalis giving out literature on raagmala yet, so it seems akj are the ones who make a bigger deal then anyone, and the gursikhs that beleive guru jee as a whole are going to stand by what they beleive in. and those who dont will always say raagmala isnt bani so just drop the topic and leave ur issues at home mate

anyway

admin close this thread thanks

is bhai joginder singh talwara part of akj - -

A. singh

obviously followers of guru jees taksal are going to make an issue about raagmala, when we have certain individuals saying it isnt bani and producing literature etc. such as they are now supporting guru gobind singh jees bani, it seems akj make raagmala more of an issue then anyone, by producing literature which u give at rensbhais, i ent seen any taksalis giving out literature on raagmala yet, so it seems akj are the ones who make a bigger deal then anyone, and the gursikhs that beleive guru jee as a whole are going to stand by what they beleive in. and those who dont will always say raagmala isnt bani so just drop the topic and leave ur issues at home mate

anyway

akaaaal, talwara or riar?

Guest A Singh.

A. singh

anyway

Damdami Taksal most certainly have produced books on Raagmala such as "Raagmala Gurbani Hai". Raagmala was certainly not a major issue in the times of Bhai Randhir Singh as he barely comments upon it in any of his books. Neither have AKJ been hugely vocal on the subject of Raagmala since then. It was only in 1986 when Jasbir Singh Rode decided to force the reading of Raagmala, that any issue has been made as individuals have taken it upon themselves to claim that those who do not accept Raagmala are doubting Guru Sahib, are not Sikh, etc, when only some decades ago the majority of the Panth did not believe in it!

Bhai Joginder Singh Talwara could certainly be classified as "part of AKJ" - this however does not make the facts or evidence he presents less valid.