Check This Out- Islam/sikhism Topic

singh2k

the other day I was browsing the web and ran into this forum where a muslim kid was confused about his own leader forcing sikhs to convert into islam.

http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showtopic=35837

this one person mentioned :

"i am told that guru nanak was in fact muslim and knew lot of Quran by heart. He didnt practise openly because of fear from hindus. when he died his followers started a new religion called sikhism.."

what do you think?

Q. Some Muslim scholars claim that Guru Nanak was a Muslim, using various textbooks to examine the way of life and practices of Guru Nanak. Is this believable?

A: Writing such books the authors simply try to disturb the hornet’s nest. The Sikhs do not pick holes in other’s coats. A Sikh respects every person’s belief and does not intentionally wish to cause hurt to someone’s sentiments. To call such authors true “Muslims,” as in the eyes of Guru Nanak Sahib jee, would be regrettable.

ਮ: ੧ ॥

ਪੰਜਿ ਨਿਵਾਜਾ ਵਖਤ ਪੰਜਿ ਪੰਜਾ ਪੰਜੇ ਨਾਉ ॥

ਪਹਿਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਹਲਾਲ ਦੁਇ ਤੀਜਾ ਖੈਰ ਖੁਦਾਇ ॥

ਚਉਥੀ ਨੀਅਤਿ ਰਾਸਿ ਮਨੁ ਪੰਜਵੀ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਸਨਾਇ ॥

ਕਰਣੀ ਕਲਮਾ ਆਖਿ ਕੈ ਤਾ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਣੁ ਸਦਾਇ ॥

ਨਾਨਕ ਜੇਤੇ ਕੂੜਿਆਰ ਕੂੜੈ ਕੂੜੀ ਪਾਇ ॥੩॥

“First Mehl: (For Muslims) there are five prayers and five times of day for prayer (for them); the five have five (different) names. (But the true prayers are these –) The first prayer is to speak the truth, the second prayer is honestly earned living, and the third is asking for the good of all in the Name of God. The fourth prayer is to keep one’s intentions clean, keeping the mind clean, and the fifth prayer is to praise the greatness of the Lord. (Alongside these five prayers) repeat the physical prayer (Kalima) of keeping a high moral character, you may call yourself a Muslim (meaning, only then one can call themselves a true Muslim). O Nanak! (Those who are parted from these prayers and kalima) however many they are they are merchants of falsehood, and falsehood’s honour is only false. ||3||”

(Ang 141)

As in Sukhmani Sahib Guru Sahib re-defined Baishno, Pandit, etc. and the new definition, if someone follows it, makes that person a Sikh, in the same way Guru Nanak Sahib jee is re-defining what a Muslim is and if someone follows this new definition, they are no longer a Muslim of the faith of Muhammed but a Sikh on the path of Gurmat.

If Guru Nanak Sahib jee had been a Muslim he would have done the following:

1. He would have written the whole Muslim Kalima or at least Bismillah ur Rehman ur Rahim at the head of every composition.

2. He would not have produced another set of hymns when the Quran was available already.

3. He would himself have initiated Bhai Lehna jee (the second Sikh Guru) to Islam and instructed him to visit Mecca for Hajj (pilgrimage - one of the five pillars of Islam) every year. Neither any Guru nor their followers visited Mecca after Guru Nanak Sahib jee.

4. He would have copiously praised the Quran and mentioned the name of the Hazrat Mohammed reverently. There is nohing to that end in Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee.

5. He would not have criticised the Muslim practices. His invectives especially against Roza (fasting) and Qazis (Muslim priests) are too much for a Muslim to swallow.

The religion of Gurmat Naam revealed by Guru Nanak Sahib jee was by no means an accident, coincidence or a blend of Hinduism and Islam. Sikhi is a divine revealed religion, which is has a legitimate and distinctive origin.

1. Distinct Prophet-hood and unique concept of Satguru (which is more than a prophet, teacher or master).

Guru Nanak Sahib jee was born the embodiment of the Truth, the Image of God.

Guru Nanak Sahib jee was informed of his duty by the Almighty Lord Himself, not by any angel:

ਪਉੜੀ ॥

ਹਉ ਢਾਢੀ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਖਸਮ ਕਾ ਹਰਿ ਕੈ ਦਰਿ ਆਇਆ ॥

ਹਰਿ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸੁਣੀ ਪੂਕਾਰ ਢਾਢੀ ਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਇਆ ॥

ਹਰਿ ਪੁਛਿਆ ਢਾਢੀ ਸਦਿ ਕੈ ਕਿਤੁ ਅਰਥਿ ਤੂੰ ਆਇਆ ॥

ਨਿਤ ਦੇਵਹੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਦਇਆਲ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ॥

ਹਰਿ ਦਾਤੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਇਆ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਪੈਨਾਇਆ ॥੨੧॥੧॥ ਸੁਧੁ

“Pauree: I was free of work, when Vaheguru took me into His service and gave the (true) work of being minstrel. Right from the start, Vaheguru gave me His Hukam (Order) to sing His Praises day and night. Vaheguru, my Lord and Master summoned me, His minstrel, to the True Mansion of His Presence. (Vaheguru,) the Image of True Praise and Glory, gave me the Siropaao, robe of honour. The spiritual-life giving Name, Amrit Naam, the True Name, which gives eternal spiritual life, has become my food (for my soul‘s support). Those who follow the Guru's Teachings, who eat this food (of ‘Amrit Naam’) with satisfaction, obtain peace. His minstrel, (Guru Nanak Sahib jee), spreads His Glory, singing and vibrating the Word of His Shabad (meaning, enjoying the ecstasy of Naam). O Nanak! Praising the True Lord, one obtains the Perfect Lord. ||27||Shudh||”

(Ang 150)

2. Distinct Scripture

Sikhi is the only religion where the Guru status is given to the Word.

Japji Sahib tell us:

ਆਦਿ ਸਚੁ ਜੁਗਾਦਿ ਸਚੁ ॥

ਹੈ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਸੀ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ॥੧॥

"True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages. True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1||"

(Ang 1)

3. Distinct Conception of Divinity

The idea and personality of one's God is emulated and projected by the Prophet or Guru. This is then passed from the religious leader to the followers.

Gurmat believes Vaheguru is Fearless, Without Hatred, All-Loving and All-Forgiving. The concept of Divinity in Gurmat unlike Islam, Christianity, Judaism or Hinduism is not jealous, hates certain people or vengeful in His actions. For this reason, the concept or vocabulary of hatred, damnation, or vengeance does not exist in Sikhi. Gurmat believes in forgiving, tolerating others, and delivering justice. This has been lived and preached by the Gurus and has been projected through the history pages of the Sikhs.

Why to waste ur time debating something which is wrong.

every time hindus say that sikh are hindus or moslman say that sikhs are part of islam. Sikhs start to defend their self why?

Sikhism is a sepertae religion full stop no debate

..i hope their are no more disscusions on this no.gif

O dont worry people im going on that forum right now to tell them what i think, i dont give a f**k what happens, this is a complete OUTRAGE! and if i cant get on there ill let every muslim i know or meet the truth so they can appreciate and spread it.