3ho And 9/11

Guest raajkaregakhalsa

veerji i think 3ho is mainly just a yoga organisation and being sikh isnt a requirement. if you're referring to 'sikh dharma' or 'western sikhs' then the attacks are hardly their fault and i'm sure if Yogi Bhajan was still around then they would have better voiced themselves. however of course there's more everyone could be doing. merely by appearing western whilst wearing bana brings a degree of awareness on what sikhi is.

http://www.unitedsikhs.org/PressReleases/P...-09-2006-01.htm

I'm sure they'd be happy to do more if they were called upon. If we really must complain - how about those from our community who are in a position of power and influence to do something about this problem of hate crimes and banning symbols of sikhi and choose not to help? The problem is because we don't want to work together - if something goes well we all want to get our picture taken but when there's a problem or some sewa that needs doing where does everyone go? If we stopped seeing other Sikhs as somehow different then we'd make sure each and everyone of us is informed, involved and doing our bit to raise awareness.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3HO (aka Gora Sikhs)

1) After 9/11 why didnt they do more prevent hatred attacks against sikhs rather than just say were sorry

2) Why hasnt there been 1 incident where a gora sikh has been attacked or abused whilst tonnes of punjabi sikhs have

3) Why do they wear all white are they kkk

4) Why do they practice Kundaline Yoga (which is good) but they say its the solution for everything (no need for Nitnem)

5) On Hola Mohalla (Anandpur Sahib) why do they stick together like sheeps

6) Why do they do Kirtan like church music

Singh,

I am here to let you know that your statements are very ignorant and hurtful to all gursikhs, not just white sikhs.

Are they KKK? Why did punjabi sikhs get attacked and not them?
Your statements are the result of a lack of education on sikhism and obviate clearly the hate that you have for all others that are not "exactly like you." This is nothing other than race on race hate. I am embarrased to have read what you have written, and cannot believe that you are a singh (if indeed you even are). If you are indeed a god-fearing gursikh, you should step up and give them the apology that they're due and never talk such garbage again... it's up to you... to each, his own... forgive me if i've said anything wrong...

gurfateh...

waheguru d_oh.gif

All Sikhs are an inspiration. It takes a lot nowadays just to get 'born-into-sikhi' sikhs to become amritdhari etc. so i have a lot of respect for these Western Sikhs who have done it and are doing it. They are inspirational- they inspired me to do amrit (when parents say 'yes') but now i wear dastaar etc. Dont let ur anger take over u;especially if its aimed at the worng kind of people :lol:

Naam Jaapo!

All Sikhs are an inspiration. It takes a lot nowadays just to get 'born-into-sikhi' sikhs to become amritdhari etc. so i have a lot of respect for these Western Sikhs who have done it and are doing it. They are inspirational- they inspired me to do amrit (when parents say 'yes') but now i wear dastaar etc. Dont let ur anger take over u;especially if its aimed at the worng kind of people :lol:

Naam Jaapo!

Yeah, seriously... well said... like you said, they are not even born into it, and yet they choose to live a pure life... we as "punjabi sikhs" take it for granted because we are born into it... and they don't... they do their nitnem, every day... every single day, i've seen documentaries... they are not only great sikhs, but role models and inspirations... so what if they do yoga.. that's how they relax... don't we all play sports and games and do other things? it's so sad, that some people in this world will hate, hate, hate... because that's all they know how to do... this guy is here hating, while the 3ho sikh is japping naam... all 6 of this guys questions were designed to attack 3ho for absolutely no reason... just read the questions, none of them has any substance or truth...

gurfateh

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1355

inMdw hmrI pRym ipAwru ]

ni(n)dhaa hamaree praem piaar ||

I have love and affection for the slanderer.

inMdw hmrw krY auDwru ]

ni(n)dhaa hamaraa karai oudhhaar ||

Slander is my salvation.

jn kbIr kau inMdw swru ]

jan kabeer ko ni(n)dhaa saar ||

Slander is the best thing for servant Kabeer.

inMdku fUbw hm auqry pwir ]3]20]71]

ni(n)dhak ddoobaa ham outharae paar ||3||20||71||

The slanderer is drowned, while I am carried across. ||3||20||71||