Sikhi And Divorce

Guest johnny

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think there is a sikhi view point on this. we can't say sikhs dont divorce but in ideal conditions we would say that its nice not to even think about that. it has to be looked upon on a case by case basis. sometimes things just dont workout and then one has to decide for themselves. the one thing we should think about it that divorce should be absolutely the last step, afterall the couple have promised guru sahib that they would spend rest of their life together.

do an ardaas, ask for guidance, take a hukumnana ( as i always say ) and your queries will be answered. :D just make sure the ardaas you do is honest and from your heart :TH:

guru rakha

Guest tarandeep kaUR

divorce is wrong. i no that ther can be sum very bad circumstances, but if both the singhs and singhnis sikhi is strong, and both follow gurmat as best as they can, i cant see what would be the reason to require a divorce.

i cant see what would be the reason to require a divorce.

tarandeep what r u on about??? There's plenty of reasons why people would require a divorece..... unfaithful parnters, domestic violence, alcohol dependencies, etc

I do agree that it should be the last resort n u shud do anything possible to resolve your differences. However in some cases it isnt possible.... more of a reason to get to know your partner properley before going ahead with marriage

i cant see what would be the reason to require a divorce.

tarandeep what r u on about??? There's plenty of reasons why people would require a divorece..... unfaithful parnters, domestic violence, alcohol dependencies, etc

I do agree that it should be the last resort n u shud do anything possible to resolve your differences. However in some cases it isnt possible.... more of a reason to get to know your partner properley before going ahead with marriage

ghetto superstar what r u on about???

Read before replying please

but if both the singhs and singhnis sikhi is strong, and both follow gurmat as best as they can, i cant see what would be the reason to require a divorce.

:D

Vaheguru

Johnny Veerjee, it all depends upon the situation.

These days, people tend to divorce over the simplest of things. If there is a problem such as alcohol abuse, physical abuse, etc. Something that seriuos should and can result in Divorce.

Think it out seriuosly if this is the right decision. Is this a problem that your wife and yourself can solve?

In my opinion, Divorce in sikhi ISNT wrong if it involves something as seriuos as physical, alcohol, drug, abuse, etc.

bull chaak maauf karnee.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

ok first..

WOOOAAAH WHAT A TRIP..WAT HAPPENED TO THE FORUM ohmy.gif ...............cuz iz pretty cool lol

so about the topic..like sum ppl have already said, if they both god fearing individualz then they shouldnt b facing problems so big that they lead em into divorce...

now if they both WERE into their religion but one of them changed ie started drinking and becomes an alcoholic, that dont mean that their partner should leave them..help them with their addiction, dont leave them suffering..take em to AA meetings lol etc...thats a tough point in their life and they made a promise to god and to the person that theyd help them thru any obstacles in life...problems take time..once u get with sum1 (marry) ur in it for the long haul...even if things are hell u should do everything you can to get it back on track...divorce is the LAST RESORT...as a matter of fact you should think of it as not even existing until circumstances are so extreme that theres no hope and ppls lives are being threatened in which case the persons a lost cause...be very hesitant in divorcing ur partner but as we've all hurd there have been so many cases of guys killing their wives ...that just ticks me off (really need the gun emoticons) and theres NO TOLERANCE FOR CRAP LIKE THAT..so it depends on what situations u talking about i guess...but divorce isnt a little thing..circumstances should be UNCHANGEABLE AND EXTREMELY BAD for someone to take that step...i know some ppl get divorced over smaller things.

if both ppl are understanding and intelligent im sure they can work thru w/v comes their way but when one person changes then it could stir up sum trouble and thats when its up to the individual to stay strong for the both of you...maybe u can tell us if theres a certain situation u have in mind...ive seen these problems alot in families that have one person living out here and their partner comes strait 4um india , they take advantage of that fact....sad, cuz they dont know their rights and think thats the way things are supposed to be..how unfortunate man, for reel...ok yeah im thinking about the recent wife killings (k i really need that gun emoticon) :D

Most of you teens have no idea what marriage is, yet you find it groovy to talk about divorce.

It doesn't matter if a couple are strong in sikhi, Divorce is something different.

Most of you teens have no idea what marriage is, yet you find it groovy to talk about divorce.

It doesn't matter if a couple are strong in sikhi, Divorce is something different.

haha, so why dont you explain why "Divorce is something different"..

because clearly.. us "TEENS" dont know what marriage is.

Its ur big shot KFI.. explain why divorce is something different..