Cassettes or CDs

Guest SikhForLife

HOW DO U convert cassettes to Cds  :T:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

if the Cassett deck has RCA out, then you'll need a RCA Plug to Headphone Plug. Take the RCA L and R plugs and plug it into ur tape deck then take the Headphone plug and plug it into your Line In on the computer. Then you'll need a Program to record the Line In.

If it don't have RCA out and it has a Headphone outlet, then you'll need a headphone jack on both end of the wire, or you can use a Portable Cassette Deck, but they have allot of noise in it...so might not sound good.

If it don't have RCA out and it has a Headphone outlet, then you'll need a headphone jack on both end of the wire, or you can use a Portable Cassette Deck, but they have allot of noise in it...so might not sound good.

I don't have RCA out in the stereo I use to record, therefore, I use the headphone jack that has the same ends. I think that's the reason behind all that noise.

Alright, I think I'll stick to My traditional stuff, connecting my mp3, with the line in to the stereo, and then transferring it to the comp :@:  :oo: blush.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

hahah i was going to tell u that way, but i figured this would've been easier... :@ :ww::

:@ :oo:

Blah, if u listened to the Punjab radio recording of Sahejleen kaur khalsa's shabads which i did you will know that it was done without a microfone or any special equipment. And still the quality is quite good.

This is how you do it.

Get one wire which has pins on both sides. if u cant get it Cut Two sets of head fones and make the wire using the pins (just join the wires together).

Then you put one pin into ur Cassete player's speaker output and other in ur computer's soundcard's Line in.

use some software like cool edit pro and use line in as ur recording option and there u have it. no hissing and outside noise. :@

Amardeep Singh Ji, this is exactly how I do it, but there is still outside noise. When we convert analog to digital or vice versa, the clarity loses for sure, no question about it, but I was thinking of a way, such as using a heavy duty sound card that would produce the best output. Few days ago, I went to Fry's and checked out these Sound Blaster cards and they range from $15 to $200. But the thing is, I need to know first how things work, and only then I would go further. I use a regular boombox to play the cassette. I think it would be better if I get a deck or some other kind of stereo that would give me options to control the outgoing signal. I don't know if there is any online help regarding this. I would search, and if you or someone esle find anything helpful, please post it here. If we can help each other here, it would make our lives a lot easier. :@

Jaswant (Singh)

I don't have RCA out in the stereo I use to record, therefore, I use the headphone jack that has the same ends. I think that's the reason behind all that noise.

Could be, also the Sound card itself can improve the quality. The Noise i was talking about was the noise i got from the POrtable Cassette player. I received noice of the cassette turning like a wheel.