Real Fight Or Mere Display ?

Guest s133k_s1kh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving back to the topic in hand, i will try to explain how jahir gatka differs from khalsa jang vidiya.

The weapons used in Gatka are all the same length, and they are way too long. The length prescribed by Guru Gobind Singh for a salotar is sava hath, not 3ft.

There is no variation amongst the weapons used in gatka, only a standard curved tulwar of the same length and weight balance. Whereas shastarvidiya teaches the use of the huge library of indo persian weapons, from tegha, tulwar, kaati, kathi, saif, khanda, kharag, dhal, sipar, bichuwa, pesh kabz, katar, jamdhari katar, bagh nakha, nar nakha, barsha, teer mukhiya, chakar etc (list goes on)

Weapons such as the chakri were never used by the Khalsa, Gatkabaaj's adopted them from travelling bazigar from kerela.

Vaars used in Gatka are "Ek angi", whereas shastarvidiya encorporates Sarb Ang

Vaars shown in Gatka are always overstretched, over committed and over transmitted.

Penthra used within Gatka is always used in the wrong space, way too far from the opponent to even be useful.

The "penthra" shown in Gatka is obvious, it is easily read, its repeated, and there is no subtlety to it to deceive the opponent

The penthra in Gatka is too heavy footed, and all gatka baajs i have seen are flat footed with moving, they do not use all parts of the soles

There is no subtle baiting or technical countering in Gatka

There is no implementation of 16 fighting concepts such as smehtna, smethna, dabauna, dabna, ang jakarna, ang kichna etc

There is no variation of the footwork, or widths of footwork used in gatka.

The spinning of the soti serves no purpose as the cutting edge faces away from its opponent.

There are no banned moves on the battlefield, so why do gatkabaaj's bann certain strikes? surely it would be better to enforce discipline amongst students to respect the safety of others.

The unarmed combat taught in gatka is copied from western arts poorly, Guru Gobind Singh did not do kickboxing or karate on the battlefield.

There is no application of manipulating the gatti of the opponent, probably the biggest difference between gatka and shastarvidiya.

Above is just a small list of differences. rolleyes.gif

yeh but singh what we learn in gatka IS limited, n iss not even the way that the Guru Jis taught us. not sayin that iss wrong to learnit, but at d enda d day, all we ever mainly get called fo is 2 do demos. which is seen as a show. standard.

ur paticular group that you train with focuses on demo's, our lot do a demo every 3 months or, not even that. i've told u in the past wher to go if u wana learn more hand 2 hand combat.

i told u to trust me on that one man...yes bibiz do have real competition with pajiz and as ive sed ppl have actually commented that these bibiz play like boyz...just trust me man lol

No they dont. The blokes are too hard and hold back so the female gatka players do not look like fools.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
i told u to trust me on that one man...yes bibiz do have real competition with pajiz and as ive sed ppl have actually commented that these bibiz play like boyz...just trust me man lol

No they dont. The blokes are too hard and hold back so the female gatka players do not look like fools.

You haven't fought with her so how would you know? You'd probably be sitting on the side lines picking your teeth with a chickenbone.

Get rid of your ego...obviously you haven't played enough to know

Strength does not mean nothing when the art you train in focuses on pure technique. When you can use the other persons strength, legerage, momentum, and motion against them, they automatically destroy themselves rather then you having to use strength.

Although this is would require years of training to achieve this anticipation and technique, it is more than possible for a weaker woman to beat a stronger man. Keep in mind that arts such as Wing Chun were developed by a woman, and arts such as Aikido, Tai Chi are designed for weaker people to overcome strong attackers. People who do normal strength reliant martial arts such as MMA, Kickboxing, Wrestling are small frys for anyone who can read balance, weight, momentum and force.

Strength does not mean nothing when the art you train in focuses on pure technique. When you can use the other persons strength, legerage, momentum, and motion against them, they automatically destroy themselves rather then you having to use strength.

Although this is would require years of training to achieve this anticipation and technique, it is more than possible for a weaker woman to beat a stronger man. Keep in mind that arts such as Wing Chun were developed by a woman, and arts such as Aikido, Tai Chi are designed for weaker people to overcome strong attackers. People who do normal strength reliant martial arts such as MMA, Kickboxing, Wrestling are small frys for anyone who can read balance, weight, momentum and force.

Thats all good but for arguements sake but a female an male gatka players with same experience etc together for a proper fight and I can assure you the male will win. The only way the female will win is if you have a gand00 like dunali fighting or put a 4 year old male against a 20 year old female. Here the physical strength will play an important part. Balance etc alone gets you nowhere. eg if you do a hold on someone, you can have best technique in the world but unless you have strength etc the opponent will easily break free.

hard whatsit and duanli can claim what they want but there is no female around in gatka who can take on a male.

Even in things like archery etc it is always the males who are better.