quick question

Gill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naak Kaan Na Chede Akhand Raahe

Do not pearce ears or nose as you are supposed to stay in the roop which Guru Sahib blessed you with, I might be a little of here but you get the idea.. right?

The second panktee is directly from Damdami Taksal's rehit maryada and here's the translation: "The Code of Conduct of Satguru ji is that one is not to pierce their ears or nose." (Rehatnama Bhai Deya Singh ji, p. 78)

it is sad..but how can you pierce such a beautiful gift (body)? Veerji, there are many Singhnees who don't pierce their ears..and many Singhs who admire this.. ^_^

It's all 'kudrat'..I had my ears pierced when I was probably 5/6 years old, and for the past 4 years or so (since I came on to this path) I haven't wore earrings, but if you look close enough you can still see small marks on my ears :@ For me, it's a reminder that I've already 'hurt' my body and not much I can do to change it...Plus, when you are blessed with amrit your Punj Pyarey instruct you to never pierce (anything).

well same goes here bhenjee i got my ears pierced since i was 5 years old till i was 18years of age.. the day i took amrit i never wore them back.. its been 4 years since ive last worn ear rings but the holes are still there.. its just spoiling the body.. first u have to endure so much of pain just to poke ur body.. the worst is nose piercing...

why should we every modify our body.. ?? if u modify a painting that cost a fortune do you think when u resell it the price will be stil the same.. the painting will be of no value .. same goes with our body.. if waheguru has already sent us as a masterpiece.. why should we modify it and give it a NULL value??