Sikh Battle Standards At Lichfield Cathedral

Freed

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you knw they dnt fit in 2 sikhi interpretation u see so must be dogras or something dodgy,why would banda singh bahadur have bandars on the flag why nt a khanda he did have nishan sahibs with khandas of which 2 or so still exist in a gurdwara in panjab

Because the Khanda symbol that we see today was introduced much later on. The design of the Khanda was influenced by the Adi Chand which Nihangs wore and which AKJs even now wear. If someone here would give me the year of introduction, would be nice.

well you knw they dnt fit in 2 sikhi interpretation u see so must be dogras or something dodgy

Ah I see how researched your knowledge really is now, words like "u see so must be" and "or something dodgy" really convey the fact that you know what your talking about. Just because they dont fit into YOUR interpretation of sikhi, doesnt mean they are wrong.

Gurfateh !

Dear 'Gurbar Akaal' ji

In your post you asked if I had a picture of a standard with Hanuman on it , if you look at the picture I posted of the standard from the Dalhousie Collection ( I've posted a bigger picture below) there appears to be a Hanuman type figure to the right of the Durga figure riding a tiger - you can make out a tail and the mace in his right hand. - I may just be seeing things but it does appear to be hanuman.

What do you think ?

durgazs5.jpg

as far as im conerned this is one of the reasons the sikh raaj fell hindu culture crept in these flagss are now just mueum ornaments to me and dnt signify the greatness of the sikh raaj,they are hindu flags and have nothing to do with sikhism so dnt deserve the name of nishan sahib ,a nishan sahib either has a khanda/ik onkar on it or is either blue or orange not red with hanumaan dancing,this is what the nalki nihangs like so they can say we are hindus when we are not this is the Hindu propoganda machine at work since 200yrs -which lies in a museum now showing thier gods and culutre insted of sikh culture if if offended anyone i cant care less they are not religious to me and never will be.

• 4 months later...
agree with sarpanch

plus with seeing many posts of gurbar akal i think he really is a rss agent

he wants to proof that sikhs are hindus.... wht a <banned word filter activated>

Because I dont agree with your narrow minded phobia of anything related to Devi Devte I am automatically a RSS Agent?

It is people like you who have destroyed Sikh heritage, put shanka on the Gurbani of Guru Gobind Singh, shanka on Bhai Gurdas Diya Vaara, shanka on portions of Adi Guru Granth Sahib, and you still call yourselfs Sikhs?

I have many more examples of other Nishaan Sahibs but I wont bother posting them because I have nothing to proove to people like you. With so much evidence of these Nishaans you still decide to put your blinkers on and deny their existance, I have not made them, or designed them, these are historical artifacts, in todays Sikh society, to speak the truth is welcomed with anger and venom, so much for people who are dedicated to Sach.

Gurber Akaal Ji,

Dont worry man....Daam Singh Sabha movement is responsible for ppl thinking like this...SArppanch and the lot do you know that guru gobind Singh praises these "hindu deities" in dasam and Sarbloh granths...you guys need to stop thinkin on wayy alright....

This is incorrect that Singh Sabha were first tochalleng Brahmin thinking ,as Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Asa Di Waar (listen to this in the morning) takes completely apart the Brahmins , how they exploit the people with there myths , superstitions and made up stories. The Yogis were also challenged , they said they could summon demons and other characters to drive away the Moguls, when challenged by Guru Sahib they could not do anything.

Another thing there is attempt by few to condemn all things British, but the same people support the British created current India. Why not support the 545 states that existed in the sub continent before Britain arrived?. Or the Independent state of Punjab that the Sikhs including the real Akali Nihangs fought to create and defend?