Law Issues In Uk

Guest Glasgow Singh

i think if you wear the full bana then the kirpan length does not matter in terms of people dont seem to be hassled or stopped by the police.

but if we wear western clothes then they might question us or we can wear a smaller one.........................its wonderful to know that a gursikh in bana does not have to sacrifice anything, whereas no one else would ever ever be allowed to walk around with a kirpan......................isnt that just wonderful?

Most police forces tell their officers that Sikhs were ceremonial swords that are normally no longer than 5". So wearing one which is 15" may come to a shock to them and they will ask you why is it so big when its only meant to be ceremonial???

However this shouldnt stop you :devil:

lol u gotta love this parji :D :nihungsmile:

challo.. at least the tesco walle had a lesson or 2 abt the kirpaaan :D lol

I remember taking a 9 inch Taksaali kirpan to hospital, and dad recalls *everyone* on the road staring at me.. hm...

Guest Glasgow Singh

this is posted on behalf of another member

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was in a restraunt having a meal.

and someone called the police, next thing i know im being grabbed by four of them in the stairs in front of everyone interrogating me and saying that i had a weapon - kept going on until i said do u mean this symbol of my religious identity? and the main one goes..."oh"

then he suggests i should try to cover it up (this is a 9" kirpan)!!

i think if you wear the full bana then the kirpan length does not matter in terms of people dont seem to be hassled or stopped by the police.

but if we wear western clothes then they might question us or we can wear a smaller one.........................its wonderful to know that a gursikh in bana does not have to sacrifice anything, whereas no one else would ever ever be allowed to walk around with a kirpan......................isnt that just wonderful?

thats an interesting point, i think when epople see you wearing baana, they kind of expect your gonna have a shaster too. But if your wearing regular clothes and see a 15inch kirpan sticking out someones jacket it gets a bit scary. I find it quite hard covering up my kirpan when goin uni, any suggestions.............. :D

vjkk vjkf

i have alota problems with ma kirpan caz ppl always seem to stare at me caz i wear alota shastars nearly 24/7 n its reallii hard to jus walk sumwher with out sum1 askin u or lookin at u or sayin raaa millitant singhh!!!

i was wondering if u wear a bana n carry a massive kirpan could the police stop u becaz i remerber on wadbags dai i brought 1 with ma bana the police man goes he wil arrest me if i didnt put the bk awai in the car

becaz he thought i wud hurt him

?? any thing in the future u could advise me on ? fateh