Would My Sony Ericson K800i Work In India?

Techno_singh

Fateh...

It should do.

Make sure that you call Orange and ask them to ensure that you have roaming profile on. When you get to india, if your network selection is automatic then it will pick up the available networks automatically; Else you can choose manually.

Also ensure that you put a password on your voicemail so you can access remotely, as most networks in India wont support your voicemail.

Hope this helps

Fateh . . . .

any one know if my k800i will work in india even though it is locked on orange , will i have to unlock or will it work?

Yes you can roam using your Orange sim but be prepared for a big phone bill or heavy top-ups to use it in India.

Best bet is to get it unlocked (if possible, plenty of places in India do this as well) and put a Indian Sim (Airtel, Hutch) etc into it. Then you can phone UK for less than 10p a minute. The cost of the sim pays for itself after a fe wphone calls.

If the phone cannot be unlocked take an old unlocked phone with you. Nokias are very easy to unlock especially the old ones.

There was a time when all the pind flocked to see a facny phone but not anymore. I have seen illeterates carrying around smart phones that they have no idea to use.