Are women to blame?

AK-47

Balwinder Kaur Jee,

Why are you generalizing Women?? I'm sorry, but these are problems with BOTH men and women. Women may focus on buying the next suit or doing gossip, but men do the very same as well, 'Singh has got this new car', or they'll do shop-talk, or talk about Cricket/Football, jo vee..please..both genders are guilty of this crime!

Women carry so much grace, they are the guardians of the faith, when a woman speaks with love..the world listens!! Women have so much strength in their hands, they love/care for their husband, their family/in-laws, the mother has the power to rear her child and influence anyone around her..Women are given such a high status in Sikhi, let's not every forget that. Instead of playing a blaming game, let's worry about our own self! I don't like this nit-picking and blanket statements..this is not right Pyareo..

Be the best woman you can..and be the best man you can..Guroo Jee will always bless you!! Remember, those who follow hukam are always abundant of grace, love, and guidance... ^_^

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balwinderkaur

summeet kaur jee, thanks for that note. :@ Please refer to my conclusion which clarified my point that both genders are responsible for this state and both should work together to settle this issue. Let me say that I'm not generalising or nitpicking(i personally DETEST nitpicking and as far as possible i will never indulge in that) women. I'm giving a picture of how shallow women can be. Although that gets to us real bad, (it really gets to me seeing how shallow they are) thats the truth..and thats whats so saddening about it. Hope this clarifies my previous post. :@ Once again thanks for that note and please accept my sincere apologies if ive ruffled any feathers.

veerji..no one is pointing fingers pyareo rolleyes.gif

all I'm saying is that we should work on ourself, do you EVEN know how the women IN India are turning out?? It has nothing to do with that, what Sikhi is left in Punjab even??

Let's not have misconceptions..there are some amazing wives..sisters..mothers out there who are making Sikh stronger DAY by Day..I agree with Niranjana.. ^_^

Well i believe if the upbringing of the child is wrong both parents are equally to be blamed..

but how about this situation: say for instance both parents tried their best but still their child goes to the wrong path.. so who is to be blame here/// i believe karam plays a vital role too.. (please refute this statement if u all believe im wrong) would love to hear the sangat view regardin this..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Excellent post AK-47 Bro. There's not much that anyone can disagree with in your post. The bottom line is that it's the Bibiyan that have to come forward and act as role models. Yes, there are some vested interests in the Gurdwaras and in some Sikh organisations who will try and block the advance of any Bibi but the vast majority of Sikhs, men more than women will support any Bibi who is steadfast in her religion and who wants to achieve something for her gender.

The path for the Sikh women is clearer that it is for women of other religions. No one can use Gurbani to block her advance and she does not have to resort to bending and reinterpreting our religious texts to allow her advance.

At the end of the we can nit pick ( sorry Balwinder Kaur bhainji ) all we want but the facts will remain the same. I know many Bibiyan who have ambition, they will talk endlessly about how they would like to change this and that for the better, but at the end of the day it is easy to talk. It's the doing that matters.

The Bibiyan will need to take the first step and I assure you that the vast majority of Bhajis will support them. Actually it might even surprise them just how much support they get !

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Summeet Kaur,

1)agree, blaming won't get us anywhere

2)agree, but i think both genders here and in india are starting decrease in numbers (true sikhs)

3)disagree, i think they shouldn't be respected just becasue they say so, they should earn it, and if that happens they will most likely be encouraged.

they shouldn't work so hard to please the men, they should focus on pleasing guru ji