What Instrument Shall I Learn?

Guest _Moorakh_

I know this is a super hard instrument but i feel like taus is such a beautiful instrument to learn. Not many people know how to play it so that would make it even more cool to learn how to play! :)

But as you said so many people know how to play vaja so that would be a great choice for learning options.

Usually people are drawn towards certain instruments. What have you always wanted to learn and how much time can you devote to learning something new.

Hope you enjoy the choice you make! :cool:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bhain ji is your heart is in it then learning taus is a piece of cake! All it takes is dedication. Guru Sahib gave you the taus, so just like your nitnem, it takes discipline to master it.

I've been learning taus for a few months and it's amazing.

GurFateh

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to start learning how to do Kirtan...I was thinking Harmonium as its widely taught or maybe dilruba, cos I like listerning to kirtan with a Dilruba in. Im from the UK so are there any people that teach dilruba in Midlands/South...otherwise its Harmonium or anything else people think I should look into. :)

dilruba classes in wolverhampton/birmingham west midlands

derby - east midlands

not sure of any other city/towns

it's a beautiful saaj, learning myself, i would recommend it!!

Also in Southgate, Ilford, Southall,and Slough.

WOOLWICH!!!!!! :cool:

there are kirtan classes that have been held there for ages by Bhai Sarwan Singh Ji, he teaches evrithing from tabla to sitar to violin!!!! every tuesday from 6 o'clok!!!

spread the word coz the classes have been going a bit quiet lately :) ,

its at the masons hill gurdwara (somerfield gurdwara for those who know it well :nihungsmile: )

come along, the prices are £1.00 for children and £2.00 for adults - all of the money goes towards a charity or gurdwara in india!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the dust of ur sweet charan
I want to start learning how to do Kirtan...I was thinking Harmonium as its widely taught or maybe dilruba, cos I like listerning to kirtan with a Dilruba in. Im from the UK so are there any people that teach dilruba in Midlands/South...otherwise its Harmonium or anything else people think I should look into. :)

dilruba classes in wolverhampton/birmingham west midlands

derby - east midlands

not sure of any other city/towns

it's a beautiful saaj, learning myself, i would recommend it!!

gurfateh ji

there r also dilruba/sarangi classes in slough and hayes and southall

if u need details jus add me or email me on khalistani_lioness@hotmail.co.uk

i would like to say True Kirtan comes from the heart not from a certain instrument

Very true, but if you're going to learn an instrument, might as well learn one created by Guru Sahib!

:) RABAAB