I've Messed Up

Guest Guest

what if u got to know a person and u think they are the right one, your soul mate? then what would you do if certain things were stopping you from being together, family for example?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

destiny is a funny thing ..... EVERYTHING that happens to you is preodained, now that maybe cause of your previous deeds in this life or deeds from previous lives.

the point is stop worrying about it, if it is preordained then it'll happen :) so what are you worried about !!!!!

and if it doesn't happen, dont feel sad or depressed because then thats preordained as well.

try to stay happy in whichever way waheguru keeps you. guru rakha.

i cant even bring myself to say fateh to the sangat...

i kinda got close to this girl, really close, nothing physical, but more id say mentally we got closer, we kinda built our hopes up about having a future together.

but now, i realise its wrong...really wrong, its gonna pull me away from my sikhi. in my eyes its manmat.

i've told her this, and now im worried she's gonna kinda go off the rails a bit, she's a really great person, mayb not so much into sikhi, but still she's got a good personality...and the fact she's not into sikhi shouldnt lead ppl to judge her (not that the sangat will judge her).

what do i do???

:)

help me my older sisters n brothers, iv done a poll, i forgot Vaheguru Ji...and this is whats happened...

Hey bro try not to feel guilty. No one around you is perfect. If such situations brought everyone to the point to not say fateh to the sangat, there would little fateh and little sangat. Ask some much older men/women who have the wisdom to speak the truth, rather than preach the gospel.

What you went through is simply human. If it's something you see as "manmat" then follow your conscience and steer away. Good for you for thinking. I think the term "manmat" is westernized in association with sin a bit much. We live for the GLORY of doing good, not in the FEAR of "sinning". We make mistakes and we hopefully learn.

Relationships are complex. Much respect goes to those who are principle minded and adhere to their own strict terms. Much respect also goes to those adults who wish to have completely arranged marriages. It’s truly a deeper understanding of love and humanity to decide to submit to such a thing. d_oh.gif

At the same time however, it can't be assumed that anything else is simply "manmat". The stereotypical "western", approach to relationships is extremely inadequate. However, apart from the stereotype, this approach has a very wide spectrum in itself. It should not be assumed that respectful consideration for relationship can not be had by young people on their own.

I saw the “dating” thread and some had the most extreme definitions for a term that can in itself mean opposite things. I know many committed and principled Sikhs who have met on their own. They were wise enough and mature enough (and knew when to bring the parents in or get married.) We should not make assumptions about this. Parents use to marry their children because they were 14 to 18 years old. Those getting married in their twenties now should be a bit more responsible.

Getting back to you, no guilt. Use the experience to be wiser. If you feel that you are not ready to be wiser, then consider knowing where to draw the line ahead of time.

Guest Guest

Dear Bhaji,

You're brave to admit your mistake to the sangat, as puratan Sikhs used to do. It's true that these relationships take us away from Guru Sahib, even though we initially think they will bring us closer to Guru ji, because we are told so much about "connecting" to another soul of the opposite sex. We don't realize that Gursikhs in Puratan times spent all of their pre-marriage time contemplating Gurbani while learning and working. They had full Amrit Vela and were strict in their rehat. They did not even consider dating people or liking anyone before marriage.

What's done is done, and you can't turn time back, but just try your best to learn from this experience so it doesn't happen again. Please bhaji, do Ardas to Guru Gobind Singh ji and pray that he takes you into His arms again, pour your heart out to Him and He will listen, definitely. Just stay strong and keep focussed on your goal of merging with Waheguru, not with any individual person

i cant even bring myself to say fateh to the sangat...

i kinda got close to this girl, really close, nothing physical, but more id say mentally we got closer, we kinda built our hopes up about having a future together.

but now, i realise its wrong...really wrong, its gonna pull me away from my sikhi. in my eyes its manmat.

i've told her this, and now im worried she's gonna kinda go off the rails a bit, she's a really great person, mayb not so much into sikhi, but still she's got a good personality...and the fact she's not into sikhi shouldnt lead ppl to judge her (not that the sangat will judge her).

what do i do???

:)

help me my older sisters n brothers, iv done a poll, i forgot Vaheguru Ji...and this is whats happened...

IK ONG KAR SATGUR PARSAD!

It happens.. no one is born perfect nor can remain perfect all of one's life.. we only spend our lif time to gain perfection.

Coming to the point, what is it that has begun giving you second thoughts :

- that you got involved with a girl

- that the girl is not into sikhi

If it is the first reason, then please know that it is only natural to feel attracted towards the opposite sex. Thats how god made it and willed it to be.. provided we do not cross our limits..

If it is the second reason, then you could probably share it with that girl and make her see reason behind your second thoughts. If she agrees to embrace sikhi.. well and good.. otherwise just apologise and move on!!

------

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji!