The Disease!

Pwalla!

Hmm.. i had started a thread (sign off from msn...right now) but somehow it has disappeared, so i am posting my views here.

In this thread drawbacks of chatting on msn has been discussed. Excelllent and thought provoking comments have been made. When i was posting on the forum earlier i used to defend people spending time on msn (learnign about sikhi, asking questions, getting sangat of guru ke pyarre). I still advocate that sharing views is a good thing but i humbly request the sangat to cut down the usage of msn.

Why? Talking from personal experience, when i log off of msn ealry (around 8 pm) i am able go to bed around 9:30 pm.

How does that help me? I am able to get proper sleep, wake up at amritvela and recite nitnem banis.

What if i stay up till late, talking to sangat on msn? No doubt i learn something by spending time on msn but i fail to do nitnem when it is supposed to be done.

Now it is up to us to decide what is more important. Learning bits of sikhi on msn or having a strong amritvela? Following Guru Ji's hukum (maryada) or a friend's request to stay online for another half an hour ?? I leave that for you guys to decide. I have decided that i'll turn off my msn at 8 pm from now on and i hope learners like me would give a thought to that.

My fellow brother peacemaker had something along these lines,

We live in a FREE country and we shoudln't be asking people to lessen msn usage. I would request him to make the post again because i might not be able to phrase it aptly.

There was one more post made before the thread disappeared, it was by Balwinder/Parwinder Singh (sorry i can't recall the name)I would request them to repost again.

I wasn't trying to impose a curfew or anything but was making a genuine request.

I always defend the flaws i have and i call others foolish. The day i realize my faults would be my first step towards my Guru Sahib. Guru Ji appan sariya nu sumaat bakshan.

Here is the shabd that most of us always quote, it would be great if i could grasp the essence of the shabd and apply it to my life.

mÚ 4 ]

ma 4 ||

Fourth Mehla:

gur siqgur kw jo isKu AKwey su Blky auiT hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae out(h) har naam dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

audmu kry Blky prBwqI iesnwnu kry AMimRq sir nwvY ]

oudham karae bhalakae parabhaathee eisanaan karae a(n)mrith sar naavai ||

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

aupdyis gurU hir hir jpu jwpY siB iklivK pwp doK lih jwvY ]

oupadhaes guroo har har jap jaapai sabh kilavikh paap dhokh lehi jaavai ||

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

iPir cVY idvsu gurbwxI gwvY bhidAw auTidAw hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

fir charrai dhivas gurabaanee gaavai behadhiaa out(h)adhiaa har naam dhhiaavai ||

Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

jo swis igrwis iDAwey myrw hir hir so gurisKu gurU min BwvY ]

jo saas giraas dhhiaaeae maeraa har har so gurasikh guroo man bhaavai ||

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

ijs no dieAwlu hovY myrw suAwmI iqsu gurisK gurU aupdysu suxwvY ]

jis no dhaeiaal hovai maeraa suaamee this gurasikh guroo oupadhaes sunaavai ||

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

jnu nwnku DUiV mMgY iqsu gurisK kI jo Awip jpY Avrh nwmu jpwvY ]2]

jan naanak dhhoorr ma(n)gai this gurasikh kee jo aap japai avareh naam japaavai ||2||

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

Luckily all the jathabandhis agree on the improtance of amritvela and nitnem banis. So there is no contorversy regarding that.

ps: I request the mods to give a reason before a valid thread/post is removed. I hope they consider the time spent by the posters in writing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1143439398189.jpg

ok... MSN is a disease now?

Now wait a minute, if MSN is a disease, what about ICQ, AIM, FRIENDSTER, MYSPACE, FACEBOOK, HI5 and just about every site that involves communication?

Oh no, that's totally not cool, make sure you block those sites, its so against the religion.

Amrit dhari bibi's trying to mack it with Singhs on MSN, now that's her fault, NOT MSN'S. She could have met some singh on forums like sikhsangat, what would you do then?

"THIS JUST IN... SIKHSANGAT.COM HAS BEEN CLOSED DUE TO IMPROPER COMMUNICATION".

haha chill with this topic, MSN's a great way to meet new people or should I say, with no intentions, a great way to meet new bibi's. haha just playing, these bibi's should be caught and be put on probation ... "NO MSN FOR 1 YEAR", they'll learn their lesson.

we should contact microsoft.

Yes, I agree, we should also file a lawsuit against them... " AMRIT BIBI FOUND WITH INNOCENT SINGH. BOTH OF THEM WERE INNOCENT UNTIL MSN CAME IN. "

^^^ i have seen a lot of hi5 profiles of "singh"s too.

i think we should contact hi5 too.

Yes, a lawsuit against hi5 too, hey man I'm definitely with you on this, we can make some good money off it.

yeah

boys talking to girls vice versa is rong

but this has been said a million times.

the topic starter is wasting his time.

wats the point of saying the same thing over and over?

yeah, don't talk to girls. only guys... next thing you know the kid turns into a homo, marries a guy and runs away.

There was also a situation where a Bibi went to meet a Singh, they lived far apart from each other so they spent money on train trips to come down and go to Cinemas etc. waheguroo knows what else they did...

oh no, waheguruu knows what else they did, they probably went out to grab some ladoo's, oh noo..

relax people. its MSN, not a disease!!!

Sangat ji daas would like to advise the gursikhs (Bibi and Singhs) to stay away from this disease, msn, talking freely to bibi and singhs and also mobile phones, texting each other. There have been many articles and emails going around about bibi and singhs talking freely, yet our brothers and sisters are ignorant (including my self) and wont listen to the advice, these gursikhs have wrote emails and articles through experience, WE SHOULD LEARN FROM THEM.

it depends how u USE this 'desease'. be in ur limits n have control over urself rolleyes.gif

you may not agree with someones opnion, but thats no reason to mock their values.

Now wait a minute, if MSN is a disease, what about ICQ, AIM, FRIENDSTER, MYSPACE, FACEBOOK, HI5 and just about every site that involves communication?

Oh no, that's totally not cool, make sure you block those sites, its so against the religion.

if you re-read the original post, you'll know that the problem is not communication. its what it can lead to. MSN is like a catalyst for the five vices to take hold, when overused or used for the wrong purpose.
relax people. its MSN, not a disease!!!

this is your opinion.

i respect that.

now please try and do the same for others.

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh