Giving Out Parshaad

Guest -*-

GurFateh

1. I'd like to see this 'hukam' that everyone's talking about that states that panj piare have to be malke.

2. I think that through this whole discussion, no one has mentioned what the 5 piare represent.

THE GURU. And the Guru is neither male, nor female; the Guru is the Guru.

If you use this logic that only men stood up in 1699 then you can go a lot further and say that only middle-aged males can be panj piare, or that only men by the name Himmat Singh, Mohkm Singh, etc, can be panj piare. Why are you trying so hard to replicate that day exactly? Guru's traditions are timeless.

Forget the fact that 5 MEN stood up in 1699. Remember that only 5 PEOPLE stood up in 1699, in a crowd of thousands.

It's things like this, barring sexes from truly participating in the legacy of Guru Gobind Singh, that show that we are failing as Sikhs today.

We are all children of Dasam Patshah. To allow one group of children to do seva rather than another group is an insult to our Father, because it shows that we REALLY don't understand what he has taught us.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Agreed. Guru called for "5 heads". Not "5 heads with male genitalia attached to em". Our Guru spent countless lines in Gurbani specifically stating that EVERY SINGH is EQUAL TO A SINGHEE. Why? Because NO ONE should be DISCRIMINATED based on their BIRTH.

You can give parshaad to any 5 amritdharis... singhs or sighnees. That was our Guru's will (its written in Guru Granth Sahib, READ IT!).

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Guest baba amarjeet singh

whatever happens is according to hukam

doesnt mean that its written down

comparing age, or name to gender is fruitless

physical roop is obviously important as a singh who has not got a full physical roop (even with one toe missing) cannot do seva

this is because he has not got the required physical roop

5 singhs did the first seva, if maharaaj had meant for singhniaa to be in the panj pyare then this would have happened

by saying that singhs only can do 5 pyare seva no one is saying that singhniaa are not equal. it is just the way it is, 5 pyare has done and should always consist of 5 singhs.

yes well if 5 singhs represent the guru and the guru has no gender, surely the guru has no limbs either, so why is it compulsory for the singh to have all angs in tact.

because the physical roop does matter

where in bani?

where in bani does it say keep 5 kakaars, does it say do kanga of ur kes twice a day.

if 5 singhniaa had been in the original panj pyare then 5 singhniaa should always be in the panj pyare

accept hukam

whatever happens is according to hukam

doesnt mean that its written down

comparing age, or name to gender is fruitless

physical roop is obviously important as a singh who has not got a full physical roop (even with one toe missing) cannot do seva

this is because he has not got the required physical roop

5 singhs did the first seva, if maharaaj had meant for singhniaa to be in the panj pyare then this would have happened

by saying that singhs only can do 5 pyare seva no one is saying that singhniaa are not equal. it is just the way it is, 5 pyare has done and should always consist of 5 singhs.

yes well if 5 singhs represent the guru and the guru has no gender, surely the guru has no limbs either, so why is it compulsory for the singh to have all angs in tact.

because the physical roop does matter

where in bani?

where in bani does it say keep 5 kakaars, does it say do kanga of ur kes twice a day.

if 5 singhniaa had been in the original panj pyare then 5 singhniaa should always be in the panj pyare

accept hukam

I do agree that a person doing the seva of a one of the panj piare doesn't need to have all his limbs, but of course if he or she has to hand out parshad, it would make sense, not in a spiritual sense but in a common sense, that they should have hands in order to hand the parshad out! And in order to walk around, it would make sense to have legs...

Our Guru spent countless lines in Gurbani specifically stating that EVERY SINGH is EQUAL TO A SINGHEE. Why? Because NO ONE should be DISCRIMINATED based on their BIRTH.

define equality.

all things equal yes?

mental, physical, spiritual?

which equality did guru ji give?

does it mean that women being equals to men that bench lift the same?! lol

what about kiddies!!! i wana give birth to kids!!! (im a guy by the way!!) Oh nooooo guru jiii why cant i have kids, but you made us all equal!!!! so why are you discriminating agaisnt me based on my birth!!!!

haaaii me mar jana cus i cant have kiddies!!!

hmm equality hey? define it please.

Vahegurooo.

I would like to say that maryada has always been that 5 Singhs represent the panj pyarey, No matter what todays NEW Scholars or youth think . . .

Why dont all you ppl who bang on about equality start equality in the Kitchen,

why have seperate bathroom if we are equal?

Why are there sepaerate isnaan place for bibia at sri darbaar sahib jee . . .

PPL make me laugh, its only been 300+ years and look how much problems there are in the panth. Why do we like to be smart and create new ones. . . Puratan Gursikhs had panj granthi nitneem, they read sooo much bani yeh, if they thought something needed to be changed they would have, most of us( me defo) only read 5 bania, and yet act like we know it all.

PLz lets not create more issues,how can guru jee bless us if we dont keep or respect his basic maryada.

THINK PROBLEMS OR CONTROVERSY IN PANTH AT MOMENT

Mool mantr controversy

Raagmaala Controversy

Dasm Granth Controversy,

Kes KAKKAR Controversy,

5 bania controversy,

Shall we add to the list, everyones trying to break the panth up. . .why are we doing there job??????????????????

PLZ sangat bless me that i may never fall and that guru jee blesses me with gurmat and gursikhijeevan.

Vahegurooooo