Giving Out Parshaad

Guest -*-

I got a question in my mind but it might be controversial.

When giving out Parshaad to the "punj pyaraay" can you give it to biban? Recently at the gurdwara, a singh was giving Parshaad to a bibi and the sangat were like "ooooooo". I asked my friend if it was wrong but they didnt know. So is it right or wrong to give biban parshaad as being part of the punj pyaraay?

Gurufateh!

i dnt know about that - BUT people call me sexist or wuteva - but i dont think Bibi'an just DECIDE to take part as Panj Pyare - i mean Panj Pyare are Singh males - when the time came and the Panj Pyare were being made - women should have thought about it then that maybe they should have got up. Besides IN MY OPINION - Panj Pyare should remain as Singh males.

lol sorry i know u was just askin about the Parshaad but u know - Panj Pyare situation came in my mind

people dont get offended by what i said - its just my opnion chunga? :TH:

Gurufateh1

vahigurujikakhalsa vahigurujikifateh.

the parshaad should be given to five singhs. In the same way the panj piayre are five rehitvaan gursikhs. However if there are not enough singhs in the sangat for some reason, then its acceptable to give it to a bibi.

sorry for any mistakes.

vahigurujikakhalsa vahigurujikifateh

I got a question in my mind but it might be controversial.

When giving out Parshaad to the "punj pyaraay" can you give it to biban? Recently at the gurdwara, a singh was giving Parshaad to a bibi and the sangat were like "ooooooo". I asked my friend if it was wrong but they didnt know. So is it right or wrong to give biban parshaad as being part of the punj pyaraay?

Gurufateh!

i dnt know about that - BUT people call me sexist or wuteva - but i dont think Bibi'an just DECIDE to take part as Panj Pyare - i mean Panj Pyare are Singh males - when the time came and the Panj Pyare were being made - women should have thought about it then that maybe they should have got up. Besides IN MY OPINION - Panj Pyare should remain as Singh males.

lol sorry i know u was just askin about the Parshaad but u know - Panj Pyare situation came in my mind

Gurufateh1

i know that the user has just described his/her own opinion.

but i have thought about this a lots many times.

like why izit that the women of today's world should be bound according to what sth. shud/ or shud not have happened 3-4 centuries ago!!!!!?!?!??!?!??

i mean take the circumstances which were in india at those times when women weren't allowed to come alone out of their homes.........they had to cover their faces ----------GHUND KADNA...............and like they had nothing called a social status unless it was a princess or a queen.......i mean even a princess or queen was taken here and there in a covered palanquin...........

but everything's changed

the women of those times CANNOT be compared to the ones that are today.

women today are more open and self-dependent...........

i know of some situations where people say..."esp. 'girls' shud not get baptized b'coz they got to get married and go to an another home and what if the other family are not vegetarians or so......!!!!!"

but ofcourse it not as much anymore..........

so i think rules shud change here too.............

why shud women be bound acc. to what the women in 17th century cudn't do?!?!?!?

oh!!!! and please anyone....do not take it personally ......... i mean it has often been a topic of discussion for me .... so i mean i thought to put it forward. rolleyes.gif

Gurufateh!

Gurufateh1

i know that the user has just described his/her own opinion.

but i have thought about this a lots many times.

like why izit that the women of today's world should be bound according to what sth. shud/ or shud not have happened 3-4 centuries ago!!!!!?!?!??!?!??

i mean take the circumstances which were in india at those times when women weren't allowed to come alone out of their homes.........they had to cover their faces ----------GHUND KADNA...............and like they had nothing called a social status unless it was a princess or a queen.......i mean even a princess or queen was taken here and there in a covered palanquin...........

but everything's changed

the women of those times CANNOT be compared to the ones that are today.

women today are more open and self-dependent...........

i know of some situations where people say..."esp. 'girls' shud not get baptized b'coz they got to get married and go to an another home and what if the other family are not vegetarians or so......!!!!!"

but ofcourse it not as much anymore..........

so i think rules shud change here too.............

why shud women be bound acc. to what the women in 17th century cudn't do?!?!?!?

oh!!!! and please anyone....do not take it personally ......... i mean it has often been a topic of discussion for me .... so i mean i thought to put it forward. rolleyes.gif

i totally agree with you!

Guest baba amarjeet singh

the reason why singhniaa cannot do 5 pyare seva is simply because it was in the hukam of maharaaj for 5 singhs to do this seva.

this does not change, no matter how the time changes, maharaaj's hukam remains the same.

the physical roop of a gursikh who wishes to take part in panj pyare seva is required to be a gursikh singh, with no angs missing.

to change the roop of panj pyare that guru jee gave is not very wise.

Guest Degh distributor!

agree with khalistan zindabadh, this is the correct maryada, wheres that link you gave before about how to make and give out degh?

5 singhs, or into the bata 5 times. nice and simple.

Guest confused
the reason why singhniaa cannot do 5 pyare seva is simply because it was in the hukam of maharaaj for 5 singhs to do this seva.

this does not change, no matter how the time changes, maharaaj's hukam remains the same.

the physical roop of a gursikh who wishes to take part in panj pyare seva is required to be a gursikh singh, with no angs missing.

to change the roop of panj pyare that guru jee gave is not very wise.

where in bani does it say that?

GurFateh

1. I'd like to see this 'hukam' that everyone's talking about that states that panj piare have to be malke.

2. I think that through this whole discussion, no one has mentioned what the 5 piare represent.

THE GURU. And the Guru is neither male, nor female; the Guru is the Guru.

If you use this logic that only men stood up in 1699 then you can go a lot further and say that only middle-aged males can be panj piare, or that only men by the name Himmat Singh, Mohkm Singh, etc, can be panj piare. Why are you trying so hard to replicate that day exactly? Guru's traditions are timeless.

Forget the fact that 5 MEN stood up in 1699. Remember that only 5 PEOPLE stood up in 1699, in a crowd of thousands.

It's things like this, barring sexes from truly participating in the legacy of Guru Gobind Singh, that show that we are failing as Sikhs today.

We are all children of Dasam Patshah. To allow one group of children to do seva rather than another group is an insult to our Father, because it shows that we REALLY don't understand what he has taught us.