Eating And Speaking?

Guest _gupt_

does it say anywhere in Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj about not talking when eating food??

i can undastand it being a respectful cause, but is it actually stated anywhere??

because sometimes it is the only time the family gets to have time together but my taya ji say that we shud not speak when eating!!

thank you in advance!! WJKK WJKF!

Nope, not a single thing. The only reaon why your Taya may have said it is because it is impolite, and its' not good to talk with your "mouth full." Its' good to discuss things around your dinner table, sometimes that's the only time families get to talk to each other. We do it Punjabi style in my house though, eat whenever you want, and talk whenever you want. :)

Nope, not a single thing. The only reaon why your Taya may have said it is because it is impolite, and its' not good to talk with your "mouth full." Its' good to discuss things around your dinner table, sometimes that's the only time families get to talk to each other. We do it Punjabi style in my house though, eat whenever you want, and talk whenever you want. :)

lol LOL.gif

it dusnt say anywhere about it..... but it is just out of politeness as he has brought the food home and put it on the table (metaphorically) so jus be respectuful!!!

Guest _sher khalsa_

dont talk when you eat, you should have simran going in your mind while you eat. the vibrations of your thoughts effect the food your eating, and effect you so you should do simran while you eat, not needlesss chatter.

also in purataan times singhs never left their food unattanded, as it could have been poisoned or someting fly into it, many singhs still follow this.