Headscarf Ban in France

AK-47

Theres been quite a bit recently on the french leader Mr chirac's decision to ban the wearing of the headscarf for muslim girls in public places. This rule also applies for the jewish cap and other outwardly religious symbols in the name of secularism.

This would also ban the dastaar and without doubt also mean the banning of the wearing of the kirpaan.

The bill is due to be passed by the french authorities very soon.

The president of france and others say that they are not doing this out of racism but becuase they want to keep religion and the state seperate.

This does not sound too good to me, taking religious freedoms away from people, could lead to more friction and problems. This is not just a prob for the french muslims, but for french sikhs also, im not sure how many are there, but i reckon if any singh did visit france then soon he could encounter probs if this new law is introduced!

What you guys reckon?

Sat Sri Akal:

Biggest hypocrisy in quite some time. What next? Demolishing of mosques and synagouges?

This guys off his rocker. He rationalizes is by separation of church and state...aight, then put all those who proclaim to be French Christians in jail cause they are fusing the element of Christianity with their French citizenship.

And this guy had the nerve to make this decision AFTER sending diplomatic mission to Harimandir Sahib!!!

Sad...

I called the embassy, and asked about why they do not let people to cover their head for the photograph, they said it is cause of EQUALITY TOWARDS ALL CITIZENS!... hehehe... meaning acuse a this moment, people are not allowed to put hats for picture unless it is a religious purpose.

anyways, thats what i was told.