Parents & Guru Ji

Guest Always so many questions

honestly man, jus do what many other gursikhs on dis forum n a paapi like ma self have done.. my rents aren't inta sikhi, they still aren't.. they still dun support me on ma path, but they stopped sayin thingz to me once i proved this is what i really want

once they saw that i was committed they stopped arguing and saying i can't go to gurughar, they won't take me etc --> now they just like add their stupid little remarks every once in a while, but take me and let me do what i want on this path (well to a limit)

start with nitnem or a japji sahib every morning at 6 before work/school and work from there.. u dun need to keep ur kes right away.. jus do ur research, be sure this is what u truly desire from within.. jap as much naam as u can, do as much ardaas as u can.. do ardaas for ur family to be blessed wit a sikhi jeevan too

they might never get on this path or understand (Guru Sahib chooses only certain people to walk his path) .. but if they love u, they'll accept what you wanna do, once again maybe wit a few upsetting remarks once in a while but its better than nothing

through me walking this path, i've seen changes in many people in ma family.. my dad started listening to nitnem to work, he stopped drinking, and he stopped puttn his dastaar on da ground when he ties it.. so once u start on dis path, u'll inspire the rest of ur family.. just give it a start.. dun waste time talking about it.. jus do it

'ope maharaj does nuff kirpa on da two o' us n anyone else struggln on dis path

p.s for an expert opinion on dis topic, pm Heera Singh.. this gursikh can help u out more than anyone else on dis forum in ma opinion on dis topic.. for furthur info or for day to day help, jus pm him.. he can really inspire and give good advice as to what to do next

Your parents cannot always be right hence the need for a Guru

even though they always want the best for you but even too much of that can either lead to always getting beaten up or spoilt u need a balance

The Guru is in the parents so all under his Hukam or command.

When Baba Karam Singh Ji Hoti Mardaan who was first in the army (when the British ruled India) when he returned home his mother said what have u brought for me

he said nothing

she said the other soldiers have brought looted goods back home

Baba Ji said i didnt go to loot the people of Delhi but to help them out and u have made me realise what Maya (mammon) really is

so he left the army and family and started meditation by the stream in Hoti Mardaan