Inner City Sikh Youth Get Musically Creative

dalsingh101

Whatever, people can exclude as much as they want. It just goes back to haumai. None of us are perfect and some of us are further in our Sikhi than others, but if that results in arrogance/pride on their part then they are in a losing battle against their spiritual aspirations.

If people want more commitment to Sikhism then they should be bringing in people with warmth and compassion otherwise we will have even more disgruntled idiots around...i.e. the Aman Dhaliwal guy in the U.K. and that goth twit who tried to shoot up a school with his machine gun in Canada...whatever his name was...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will ask those guys to post the lyrics on the site. Will let you know when that happens. Anyone from the U.K. have any feedback on the track?

Hello Folks,

For those who are interested: ON THE RADIO TOMMOROW!

The track "Fire Within" has been entered in a competition on BBC's Asian Network. It is going against 3 other demos and the winner will the track that is voted for the most by listeners.

The show is called "Jump Off" and hosted by Mentor (of Mentor Kollective) and is on Saturdays between 5.00pm and 8.00pm. You can hear the show online from the BBC website.

The track will also be given a spin on a show called "Mic Check" hosted by the Foreign Beggers, it will be played in a feature called PROPS! This is on Saturdays too (BBC Asian Network) between 10pm to Midnight.

The track "Fire Within" was created by Iron Mongers with view of issues that the artists felt effect the Sikh community in the U.K. based on their own experiences. These include the conversions of girls, single parent families and domestic abuse. These issues need to be confronted and addressed. But the track is still a very positive one that promotes Sikh unity and pride across our diverse community. It will be released at a later date and given away free or at virtually no cost (to cover price of getting CDs printed), so this isn't a money making thing.

Please support, if you feel so inclined.

WJKK

WJKF

Dalsingh,

Are you like their manager or something?

Nah, they are family. Just supporting them. Plus I think the track is good, has really good points and stuff. Maybe get through to some of the Aman Dhaliwals around! lol

Have you heard it? It sounds much better on a proper hi fi, you can hear the bass and stuff.

Dalsingh,

Nah, they are family. Just supporting them. Plus I think the track is good, has really good points and stuff. Maybe get through to some of the Aman Dhaliwals around! lol

Have you heard it? It sounds much better on a proper hi fi, you can hear the bass and stuff.

the track is good but i duno like some one mentioned before it kinda promotes the "cut hair singh" thing ... but then agen i prob being abit naive maybe they can make other tracks promoting sikhi and doing paath , keeping kesh, etc... instead of looking at the negatives try looking at the positives

Dalsingh,

the track is good but i duno like some one mentioned before it kinda promotes the "cut hair singh" thing ... but then agen i prob being abit naive maybe they can make other tracks promoting sikhi and doing paath , keeping kesh, etc... instead of looking at the negatives try looking at the positives

I hear you. I don't think it is actually "promoting" being a cut hair Singh but just talking about the reaction of people to having cut hair in the community. My family has a mixture of keshdhari and monay and the keshdharis are most respected for keeping the flag up.

Lots of the younger ones in the family talk about growing their hair and taking amrit someday. Personally having seen the behaviour of some "amritdharis" who are corrupt as hell (not saying all are, just some). I think it is better if kids in this position take the time and learn their roots fully before taking the big step. Guys, when I was at uni years ago I was shocked at the amount of keshdhari Singhs who didn't know the first thing about their history and religion, so although i believe in the importance of external form for Sikhs so they cannot deny their existence, it isn't everything because Ive met so many who are right on the outside but something else on the inside...guess this applies to all humans not just us?

Okay, I just finish listening to that song (fire within')....The song is pretty good.

Thanks dude!

The lyrics are up there for you too (on the Myspace site) incase the British accent is a bit strong! Lol