Should I Go To A Hindu Tempel

djpure

bhai taru singh gave his scalp but not his hair...........

sikhs give their heads but not their hair....................

hair is SO IMPORTANT to sikhism ............................

yet your friend asks u to come and rejoice in cutting his kids hair ?

if he knows a little about sikhs and their hair HE WOULD NOT HAVE ASKED U !

have u got a muslim friend ?

who will ask u to come to see a lamb having its thought cut and bled to death .............

ok so he might not ask u to eat the meat but to see something so brutile and totaly againdst sikhism

would u go my friend .? ................ or would your friend even ask u ?

the choice is yours .............. going to shuch a spectial .............

ANY SATI going on if some one asked u to go WOULD U ????????????????????????????

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Exactly

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Exactly, exactly.

One would think if he's such a good friend, he might ask with enough reservation and humility that he would have invited you to raise the awkwardness with him rather than ask on a forum. How could he possibly be so insensitive to invite without addressing your faith? Would one invite a best hindu friend to his sons birthday which would include a ritual slaughter of a cow with a beef bbq afterward?

I would wish him the best for his son and also suggest to him that next time he consider raising the issue directly with a Sikh (or whatever faith it is next time) as a simple required courtesy.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, exactly.

One would think if he's such a good friend, he might ask with enough reservation and humility that he would have invited you to raise the awkwardness with him rather than ask on a forum. How could he possibly be so insensitive to invite without addressing your faith?

Would one invite a best hindu friend to his sons birthday which would include a ritual slaughter of a cow with a beef bbq afterward?

if you asked your best friend to attend a ritual slaughter of a cow with a BBQ afterwards ..

DO U THINK HE WOULD COME ?

NO I DONT THINK SO yet he asks u about cutting HAIR RITUAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS HE TAKING THE Pxxx OR ARE U A BIT SLOW ??? TO EVEN ASK IF U SHOULD GO .

and to all that say u should go DOH ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

only if he comes to a bbq serving beef !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

veerji,

seriosuly i dun see any harm of u goin to the mandir....you r not gonna go there to do pooja of the murti etc

i have hindu fren who got married n i have attended their marriage at hinu temples n yeah i went there in dumaala

so wat tats my identity...n yeah if any1 is to say tat they saw me at a hindu temple n tat im now RSS agent....hahaha...i'll have the best laugh of my life...lolz

i know for wat reasons i've been there...guru sahib knows....i juz cant be bothered wat the world has got to say bout it

bhul chuk muaff _/ \_

Waheguru Ji KA Khalsa , Waheguru Ji KE Fathe

I need advice, my best friend is a Hindu (known him for 25 years), he comes to all functions at the Gurudwara and he respects sikhi. The problem is he kid is going to his munan (hair shaving ceremony) in a Hindu temple and he wants me to come. I am confused on what to do!

Is it ok for me to go there and watch and not do anything else? This is the first time he has asked me to go to a hindu temple and i have asked he loads of times to come to the gurudwara, and he came every time!

Please give me your wisdom.

Thank you

Waheguru Ji KA Khalsa , Waheguru Ji KE Fathe

IK ONG KAR SATGURU PRASAD!!

Dear Friend,

SIKHI and our SIKH gurus are examples of virtues like patience, peaceful co-existence and forbearing nature, to name a few.

Every community seems to follow a culture of its own and our culture has taught us unity in diversity. Had that not been true, why would my Kalgidhar Patshahji sacrifice his entire entity for hindus who would every now and then seek his protection?

Your hindu friend is not inviting you to follow his culture, it is a gesture of being together. If he has been with you when you invited him to any ocasion, I see no reason why you should feel the hitch.

Our community respects *Kesh* that does not mean that your friend is inviting you to feel awkward at the mundan ceremony of his son or to show his disrespect to our respect for *Kesh*.

Any one who may feel that I have said something wrong, may please feel free to correct me.

---

Bhul chuk maaf karnee ji

Dey Shiva bar mohe shubh karman tey kabahoon na taroon!!

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????HAVE I REALLY LOST THE WHOLE POINT IN THIS DEBATE ?????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

YOU BEST FRIEND IS ASKING U ................ A SIKH TO GO AND REJOICE IN A CERMANY IN WHICH THEY CUT HAIR ?????????

IT IS NOT A QUESTION OF JUST ASKING U TO GO TO A MUNDHIR IS IT ?

ITS A CERMANY OF CUTTING HAIR !!!!!

AND U A SIKH IS ASKING THE SIKH SANGAT IS THIS OK ?!?!?!?!?!?

IF U ARANGED A BBQ SERVING VEGIE FOOD ..... U COULD ASK YOUR FRIEND AND ANY VEGGIE FRIENDS TO COME AND THING WILL GO NICELEY...................................................................

NOW

YOUR ARANGING A BBQ TO KILL A COW AND EAT IT

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOULD U ASK YOUR FRIEND (EATING BEEF LET ALONG KILLING A COW IS TOTALLY AGAINST HIS RELIGION )AND VEGGIE FRIENDS TO COME ?

===============================================================

I'M SURE NEXT TIME YOU'LL BE ASKING IS IT OKAY TO WORK IN A SLAUGHTER HOUSE...

MAY BE U COULD ASK YOUR FRIEND TO JOIN U ?????? !!!!!!!!!!!

IF U ARANGED A BBQ SERVING VEGIE FOOD ..... U COULD ASK YOUR FRIEND AND ANY VEGGIE FRIENDS TO COME AND THING WILL GO NICELEY...................................................................

NOW

YOUR ARANGING A BBQ TO KILL A COW AND EAT IT

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOULD U ASK YOUR FRIEND (EATING BEEF LET ALONG KILLING A COW IS TOTALLY AGAINST HIS RELIGION )AND VEGGIE FRIENDS TO COME ?

===============================================================

i'll answer this one for u .....................................

U WOULD NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER ASK HIM

COS

HE WOULD SLAP U INTO NEXT YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u could always ask him why not....its only a bbq....he does not have to watch or eat...

JUST ATTEND COS HE'S YOUR MATE....................... LOL.gif