Muslim Council Of Britain Calls For Evidence Of 'forced Conversion' Allegations

Sarbloh

This week's Panthic Weekly news:

A Sikh Student's Story of Harassment & Intimidation

http://www.panthic.org/news/124/ARTICLE/3161/2007-03-14.html

Vaheguru

Extract from above Panthic Weekly article

“From personal experience, 60-70% of all female students who go to study at the University of Luton or Bradford have either returned home converted to Islam or have returned home a different person. It's so tough to survive the world of conversions and I can proudly say that having returned home after 3 years at Luton University I did not convert, but returned home stronger.”

If there is a direct correlation between specific universities and alleged intimidation by Muslim students, then there needs to either some kind of official meeting between Sikh bodies (SAS, BOSS etc) and those Universities or we (concerned Sikhs as a whole) need to build the Sangat within those areas in order to provide a support network for the alleged victims of intimidation. Again this assumption is only based on an internet article in Panthic Weekly, which will unfortunately not hold as evidence unless reported to the authorities.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru

“From personal experience, 60-70% of all female students who go to study at the University of Luton or Bradford have either returned home converted to Islam or have returned home a different person. It's so tough to survive the world of conversions and I can proudly say that having returned home after 3 years at Luton University I did not convert, but returned home stronger.”

If there is a direct correlation between specific universities and alleged intimidation by Muslim students, then there needs to either some kind of official meeting between Sikh bodies (SAS, BOSS etc) and those Universities or we (concerned Sikhs as a whole) need to build the Sangat within those areas in order to provide a support network for the alleged victims of intimidation. Again this assumption is only based on an internet article in Panthic Weekly, which will unfortunately not hold as evidence unless reported to the authorities.

IK ONG KAR SATGUR PARSAD!

Friend,

Evidence or no evidence, both the suggestions put forward by you should be taken seriously and implemented to build a strong sikh presence in the said areas, so as to provide a boost for our sikh community.

Bhul chuk maaf karnee ji!!

Vaheguru

Friend,

Evidence or no evidence, both the suggestions put forward by you should be taken seriously and implemented to build a strong sikh presence in the said areas, so as to provide a boost for our sikh community.

The presence that makes real effect is that of strong, capable fighters. You people don't know what kind of jerks we are up against. They only understand one thing.....and it is not any theology or philosophy.

As for our parcharaks, they suck big time, preaching to people already converted and not capable or bothered to get to the Panjabis that really need it and who could actually be of use to the panth beyond talk talk, know what I mean.

Vaheguru

Friend,

The presence that makes real effect is that of strong, capable fighters. You people don't know what kind of jerks we are up against. They only understand one thing.....and it is not any theology or philosophy.

As for our parcharaks, they suck big time, preaching to people already converted and not capable or bothered to get to the Panjabis that really need it and who could actually be of use to the panth beyond talk talk, know what I mean.

grin.gif

What do we do in this case??

dalsingh101 ji,

Once those needy Punjabis who have been converted may have been influenced by parcharaks, who knows!. Fact is, it’s up to the individual to decide to accept the parchaar or not. After all we are still struggling Manmukhs and winning over our ego is the biggest battle. Guru ji tells us

karmee aapo aapnee kay nayrhai kay door.

According to their own actions, some are drawn closer, and some are driven farther away.

We can all be sitting in the same diwan in the Guru Ghar, listening to the same parchaar or same shabad, but individually we will take home what we feel we want to. Some of us come for the karah parshad, some for the langer, some for the knowledge, some for spiritual uplifting and some of us will come for the sake of it. You can’t pass sole blame onto the parcharak for having poor presentation skills as it’s a mixture of many factors, somethings will go beyond what we can physically control.

iknaa hukmee bakhsees ik hukmee sadaa bhavaa-ee-ah.

Some, by His Command, are blessed and forgiven; others, by His Command, wander aimlessly forever.

hukmai andar sabh ko baahar hukam na ko-ay.

Everyone is subject to His Command; no one is beyond His Command.

Sorry for my "hippy" response!! I'm sure it's not what you quite wanted to hear.

Vaheguru

Friend,

grin.gif

What do we do in this case??

Every single last Sikh man, whether amrit dhari, kesh dhari or a mona has a duty right now to make sure they all raise their kids in a non pu**y hippy way. Simple as that. Watch what difference it will make in the next few decades. Then we can respond appropriately to the jerks who are testing us. In the meanwhile we do damage limitation and try via media and direct intervention and most importantly education within the panth to keep those who craftily try to eat away at us or attack us directly via media and stuff at bay (note: it isn't only elements within sulay that are doing this, goray khat nahi)

Plus all the people who haven't got a real clue about our history and push the whitewashed idealised version should shut up and let people who dwell in reality (hakeekat) take charge.

Also instead of solely pushing our children to be accountants, doctors, lawyers and office monkeys, seeing as we have enough money as a community we should be pushing a fair portion of them into music, televison and movie production. Mass media is of major importance in this era, and we are behind everyone in this and just seem good at making crap caste based films without any depth(i.e. your average Panjabi film). This would provide a global platform for us to talk to each other and reach those who we usually wouldn't be able to reach as well as create a positive outlet for Sikh creativity.....and we are a very creative people, I think so anyway.

What do you think of these suggestions?

Guest Dancing Warrior

Back in the 1990 when this was epidemic Muslim guys used to groom Sikh and Hindu girls and when they passed a point of no return convert them. Kids in colleges and schools were being targeted because of their religion.

A bunch of Panjabi lads got together and tried to put a stop to it, most of them were monae. They first went to the Gurukars to ask them for him most of the elders labelled them gunda, troublemakers. They went to the International Sikh Youth federation, but they said “your not even Sikhs your all monae” besides they were too busy with khalistan. They went to the AKJs they said your trouble makers also. These guys took it on themselves to change things they labelled themselves She-r-Punjab.

During that time none of them knew anything much about Sikhism but boy did they get the message across to the otherside! These guys didn't give a F**K about any thing they knocked down doors to crack houses were Sikh and Hindu girls were being pimped out. They created awareness with the youngsters and a sense of unity. Any where upnai were being hassled they got there and made it known. These guys were from all different backgrounds but what bought them together was the desperate situation at that time.

During the mid 1990s they were at their peek and powerful. Some just jumped on the bandwagon, some of them really fell of the tracks they became drug dealers, gangsters, some went to prison. However I know of three of them the main players who started it all, one became a Taksali, One an AKJ and One, who probably was the most lethal, became a Nihang. These genuine guys sacrificed a lot. Even though they fell in to different camps they all still have a lot of piar and respect for one another we could learn much from them.

Heroes. d_oh.gif

Back in the 1990 when this was epidemic Muslim guys used to groom Sikh and Hindu girls and when they passed a point of no return convert them. Kids in colleges and schools were being targeted because of their religion.

A bunch of Panjabi lads got together and tried to put a stop to it, most of them were monae. They first went to the Gurukars to ask them for him most of the elders labelled them gunda, troublemakers. They went to the International Sikh Youth federation, but they said “your not even Sikhs your all monae” besides they were too busy with khalistan. They went to the AKJs they said your trouble makers also. These guys took it on themselves to change things they labelled themselves She-r-Punjab.

During that time none of them knew anything much about Sikhism but boy did they get the message across to the otherside! These guys didn't give a F**K about any thing they knocked down doors to crack houses were Sikh and Hindu girls were being pimped out. They created awareness with the youngsters and a sense of unity. Any where upnai were being hassled they got there and made it known. These guys were from all different backgrounds but what bought them together was the desperate situation at that time.

During the mid 1990s they were at their peek and powerful. Some just jumped on the bandwagon, some of them really fell of the tracks they became drug dealers, gangsters, some went to prison. However I know of three of them the main players who started it all, one became a Taksali, One an AKJ and One, who probably was the most lethal, became a Nihang. These genuine guys sacrificed a lot. Even though they fell in to different camps they all still have a lot of piar and respect for one another we could learn much from them.

Heroes. d_oh.gif

Where were the amritdharis hiding?? Good for them guys who kicked <admin-profanity filter activated>, kesh or no kesh, they kept the Ankila Punjab spirit alive.

dalsingh101 ji,

Once those needy Punjabis who have been converted may have been influenced by parcharaks, who knows!. Fact is, it’s up to the individual to decide to accept the parchaar or not. After all we are still struggling Manmukhs and winning over our ego is the biggest battle. Guru ji tells us

karmee aapo aapnee kay nayrhai kay door.

According to their own actions, some are drawn closer, and some are driven farther away.

We can all be sitting in the same diwan in the Guru Ghar, listening to the same parchaar or same shabad, but individually we will take home what we feel we want to. Some of us come for the karah parshad, some for the langer, some for the knowledge, some for spiritual uplifting and some of us will come for the sake of it. You can’t pass sole blame onto the parcharak for having poor presentation skills as it’s a mixture of many factors, somethings will go beyond what we can physically control.

iknaa hukmee bakhsees ik hukmee sadaa bhavaa-ee-ah.

Some, by His Command, are blessed and forgiven; others, by His Command, wander aimlessly forever.

hukmai andar sabh ko baahar hukam na ko-ay.

Everyone is subject to His Command; no one is beyond His Command.

Sorry for my "hippy" response!! I'm sure it's not what you quite wanted to hear.

For such a beautiful and inspiring philosophy/history that Sikhs have I think our parcharaks need to be shot for doing such a p i s s poor job at enthusing the youth. I got a mosque around the corner from me and it is ram packed with young guys every single night. Our Gurdwaras generally fail to provide the vast majority of youth from Panjabi backgrounds with spiritual nourishment. Seeing as they are increasingly being broken into caste affiliations whether openly or discreetly (e.g. Ramgarhia and Singh Sabha respectively) I can't see this changing. Youth today are not dumb.

Teaching people ANYTHING, requires brains (I'm a teacher so I think I should know) and the backward pindus (i.e. gianis) we have haven't got a clue. Reaching out to the disaffected within our community is a must, as these people are vulnerable and the most likely to convert, but instead all they seem to cater for are conformist mummies boys. Don't make excuses for it Sarbloh. Any community that neglects their youth , especially when they are vulnerable, deserves to be destroyed.

Its ok, I think sometime in the future the fake t o s s e rs that are going around judging everyone else and doing chittor themselves for the panth will have their backs broken and shown for what they are.

Until that happens we will continue to get nibbled away at from goray and sulay. The fake religious will continue to talk their irrelevant inpractical claptrap in the face of this. And the real Sikh soldiers will anguish and itch to clamp down on on the vairees and be looked down on by the conservatives.