Funny Story....

2desi

Recently I went to my local credit union (Khalsa Credit Union, like a Sikh Bank) to deposit some money and I was waiting in line (a long line), when I notice that Bank had new calenders out.

This year Bhai Bachittar Singh Ji is on the cover, it's a picture of Bhai Bachittar Singh Ji fighting a drunken elephant and stabbing a spear into the head of the elephant. (you've probably seen this picture before).

THE PROBLEM?

There were these two guys (friends), one was a Sikh and he was in line and the other a Hindu he was sitting and waiting for his friend, obliviously they came together. The Hindu guy started to complain to a Staff (who was putting calenders out onto a table for people to take) that the calender was offensive. WHY? grin.gif because it shows a "Singh" stabbing an elephant (respected animal by Hindus).

THE REACTION

The Staff member tells him that this is a Sikh Calender that shows Sikh History, which is intended to be given out to Sikhs by a Sikh Credit Union (Bank).

The Hindu guy says something back in Hindi about Sikhs and Hindus being brothers or something( he spoke really fast and I'm not good at Hindi) I think he was implying that Sikhs and Hindus are the same.

SIKHS IN LINE REACT

Then all of sudden, people in line start to swear at the guy, especial the older people, one Baba (he was like 70) says "you say another word Bahmaan and were gonna cut you up." :) The Hindu guy (who looks kind of scared, since he is out numbered like 30 to 1) is about to say something, when out of nowhere somebody grabs him out of his seat and then starts to push him (while swearing really loud, calling him an <banned word filter activated>) WHO? The Hindu guy's OWN FRIEND (THE SIKH GUY IN LINE)! :) His Sikh buddy pushes him all the way outside! LOL.gif

Next thing you know, people are laughing and saying things like,

"He doesn't who he's messing with."

"Did you see his eyes, he was about to cry when the Baba threaten him."

"If this in Punjab, we would of taught him a lesson he would never forget."

"Our History is offensive? We saved India and their (Hindu) Religion"

And a bunch of other thingz............funny how one boring situation (going to the bank) can change into something else in a second!

Well I dn't object to him saying we're all the same. Just as I would class a muslim, christian jew as the same as us. But if he meant we Sikhs are hindus well then. Chako joothi and kar do sir roda lol

Bit like a muslim saying take the pig picutere off, because it offends us. pfffft this is our history and this is what took place. try to erdicate that and you'll get a spear where the sun don't shine baby!!

absolutely ridiculous...

i'd say...those people in the bank who acted like that are ALSO different than Sikhs of Guru sahib...

if the guy had a problem with the calender and had a point of view...someone coulda just explained nicely... and if he didn't agree..who cares??

but to abuse him and push him out of line and out of the bank...well..that's stupid...

pathetic...