Bibian Not To Do Sewa?

waheguroojekakhalsawaheguroojekefateh!

Dass was reading a Rehit Maryada booklet by some "Jatheybande", by it past Jathedar.It said that bibian are NOT allowed to do sewa of chaur sahib OR reading Gurbanee from Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj during their menses period grin.gif .But it did not provide ANY rehitnameh regarding this issue :cool: @ . Is this true :WW: ?Anyone has a clue on this?Any puratan rehitnameh?What does Akal Takht Maryada say regarding this issue?If so, it is TRUE...then why?

Because, some time back my my cousin sisters in Aussie attended a Gurmat camp( :) ) there...where they were told the same thing.Both of my cousin sisters were really hurt to hear this.....as they thought such discrimination still exist in Sikhi.I have my own views tho...but want to see what others know which I might NOT know of rolleyes.gif

****Please STICK to the topic*****Constructive replies are welcomed :) ........ :nihungsmile:

waheguroojekakhalsawaheguroojekefateh!

Dass was reading a Rehit Maryada booklet by some "Jatheybande", by it past Jathedar.It said that bibian are NOT allowed to do sewa of chaur sahib OR reading Gurbanee from Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj during their menses period grin.gif .But it did not provide ANY rehitnameh regarding this issue :cool: @ . Is this true :WW: ?Anyone has a clue on this?Any puratan rehitnameh?What does Akal Takht Maryada say regarding this issue?If so, it is TRUE...then why?

Because, some time back my my cousin sisters in Aussie attended a Gurmat camp( :) ) there...where they were told the same thing.Both of my cousin sisters were really hurt to hear this.....as they thought such discrimination still exist in Sikhi.I have my own views tho...but want to see what others know which I might NOT know of rolleyes.gif

****Please STICK to the topic*****Constructive replies are welcomed :) ........ :nihungsmile:

Ik ong kar satgur parsad!

ohmy.gif : i was not aware of this!!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

i have heard this before...

but from what i have heard and learned in my gurudwara...there is no harm in doing any kind of sewa...there is no exceptions for not to do sewa...this is something that happens naturally and this cant stop anyone from doing sewa from the guru....some bibia dont do it outa the old traditional hindu customs or something like that..but i feel this was d kind of reason was used to avoid sewa by some..and then again its the relationship u have with your guru..n guru will never say no to your pyaar...

anyway sorry if im wrong, im still a learner...

bhul chuk maaf ji

i have heard this before...

but from what i have heard and learned in my gurudwara...there is no harm in doing any kind of sewa...there is no exceptions for not to do sewa...this is something that happens naturally and this cant stop anyone from doing sewa from the guru....some bibia dont do it outa the old traditional hindu customs or something like that..but i feel this was d kind of reason was used to avoid sewa by some..and then again its the relationship u have with your guru..n guru will never say no to your pyaar...

anyway sorry if im wrong, im still a learner...

bhul chuk maaf ji

Gurfateh ji,

Thank you pal.. for this information.. i actually feel that this body is HIS gift so whatever physicality.. automatically becomes his gift.. so why not do sewa..

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji!

hhhmmmm...

Maybe people are scared if they have an accident?

Then agen it is probably taken from the Hindus because my friend believes that you cant go anywhere near their religious shrines or even near any religious people...

I choose not to do sewa at that time cus i feel dirty and ill - not that you all wanted to no neway! ohmy.gif :

hhhmmmm...

Maybe people are scared if they have an accident?

Then agen it is probably taken from the Hindus because my friend believes that you cant go anywhere near their religious shrines or even near any religious people...

I choose not to do sewa at that time cus i feel dirty and ill - not that you all wanted to no neway! ohmy.gif :

ok.. each is to one.. i guess! :)

its just sant samajist/ brahmin/catholic matt, it has no place in Gurmat. Anyone cand do any seva at any period of any time.

:nihungsmile: ......

how about those who believe in this?....maybe they have some "LOGICAL" explanation?

Some one just said that some penjis feel dirty etc. Well i feel that there is nothing dirty about it.. in fact we should be proud of God's gifts.

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji!