Nihang Rehat?

Calm down Jassa. If you want to discuss something than do so in a calm manner, it is so easy to dismiss someone who you can't refute as a hater

Calling someone names and as a nindik is so easy but it's harder to refute what is wriiten.

So here goes my refutation, as in my other posts I do not need to call people as haters or make untrue accusations against that person.

Nowhere have I tried to set one sampadha against another. I think you've got this intra-sampardha jealousy thing in your head, what sampardha have I dissed and which sampardha have I talked up? None. I just stated some of the findings of Amrit Singh and these finding and research seem to me to be based on good research.

The fairy stories you talked about was that all Sikhs were Nihangs and that Budha Dal maryada is the only one that was given by Guru Gobind Singh. To me these are fairy stories and not based on fact.

On a good analysis of the word Nihang in Bachiitar Natak and Dasam Granth read this. You might actually learn a new skill called critical analysis. http://www.amritworld.com/nihangs/in_dasamgranth.html

As for Domallas these only came into use with Naina Singh who Nihangs claim succeeded Jassa Singh Ahluwalia as 'chief' of Budha Dal. Same goes for the Farla. Nowhere is Farla or Domalla mentioned by Kavi Sainapati who lived for many years in the court of Guru Gobind Singh and wrote his book in 1711. The words used by him for Turbans is not Domalla but Dastar and Pugg. Sikhs are referred to as Sikh, Singh, Khalsa and nowhere is the word Nihang mentioned which is strange because only 12 years before Kavi Sainapat wrote his book Guru Gobind according to you created the Nihangs.

Banda Singh had 5 Nihangs with him? Impossible my friend as Nihangs didn't exist. Next you'll be saying Krishna had Nihangs with him as well.

As for RSS the only Singhs the RSS does not fear it is the Nihangs. RSS fears any Singh committed to the Panth.

Out of all the Singhs you mentioned perhaps only Baba Deep Singh could perhaps be thought of as a Nihang and that mainly because he belonged to the Misl Shaheedan. But in character and love for the Panth Baba Deep Singh surpasses any of the so-called Jathedars of the Budha Dal since it's revival in the 1880s.

To Admin and Moderators

I hope you will allow this thread to remain open and not let it be spoilt by personal attacks. I won't refer to anyone as a hater or as a nindak and I hope others will also do the same. I hope Jassa also refrain from these acts as well and we can all have a productive discussion. If anyone breaks the forum rules I trust that that person will be dealt with according to the forum rules

Regards

hahaha see those meaning of nihang word at the website .... i never knew i was a sword .... get over it dude u can only try to change the meanings of words used in banni because guru ji have given u that duty .... its ur duty to spread false meanings .... to impose ur m areyadas thinking over others ....

Bajje Nisang. Gajje Nihang. Chhuttai Kripaan. Littai Juyaan.19. Tupak Tarhaak. Kaibar Karhaak. Saihathee Sarhaak. Chhohee Chharhaak.20. Gajje Subeer. Bajje Gaheer. Bichare Nihang. Jaise Palang.21. Hukke Kikaan. Dhukke Nisaan. Baahai Tarhaak. Jhallai Jharhaak.22. Jujjhe Nihang. Litte Malang. Khullai Kisaar. Jan Jata Dhaar.23.

now u can even translate nihangs to bamman or turk here and put it on some website and claim its after reserch and everyone should give u a green signal .... ????? see the word nihang written by guru gobind singh ji .... and claim that there were no nihangs at that time .... the army of guru sahib was nihang .... get over it dude .....

rattan singh bhangu in panth parkash calls his grandfather mehtab singh a nihang .... guru gobind singh was a nihang punj peyare was nihang 4 sahibjade was nihang .... hatered with other sampards like nihangs will never let u in peace buddy .... believe me ... keep on changing the history .... good luck let us wait and watch how can u change the truth .... and what will u get in return from akaaal

I'm glad that rather than what you did previously you at least took time to read some of what is on that website.

The word Nihang may mean a member of Budha Dal nowadays but it didn't mean the same thing in the 1680s. How is it that Nihangs were present in the pre-1699 battles of Guru Gobind Singh when even according to you Nihangs were created in 1699! Only Rattan Singh Bhangu in 1840's refers to Sikh warriors as Nihangs. Previous to this all writers refer to Sikh warriors as Khalsa or Singhs. You are you implying that Guru Gobind Singh referred to his warriors as Nihangs a decade before you claim the Nihangs were created, then for the next 150 years no Sikh writer chooses to refer to these warriors as Nihangs and the suddenly in the 1840s the Sikhs rediscovered that Nihangs had been created in 1699 and started to refer to them as such!

If anything the word Nihang with it's modern meaning has been projected back solely because of it's use in Bachittar Natak. So now the Sahibzadas were Nihangs as well!

Thank you for your concern about by lack of peaceful sleep but I can assure you that I sleep well at night! :TH:

Once when i had the good fortune of witnessing a class by Nihang Niddar Singh, I remember him saying " and all the Sikh Nihangs, HIndu Nihangs and Muslim Nihangs..." and i was reminded that there were hindus and muslims who time to time gave Guru Maharaaj Their support. I think Nihang Niddar Singh was emphasising here that Nihang could be anyone who was wthout desire, or fearless etc...

But now Nihang seems to be anyone is is asaociated with the Budha Dal, Tarna Dal.

chatanga

reading on from what i wrote...now I am very confused! I am going to be honest here, why call Dasme pitas maryadha something else, and why split and have differenct sects of Sikhism?

Why cant we all be in the same umbrella called 'Khalsa' and nothing else? Why do we need to complicate things and put the khalsa in different sects?

There should be ONE maryadha which ONLY Guru Gobind Singh intiated, ONLY ONE, not two, not three by anyone else.

If we are confused of our own identity I am afraid Sikhism has gone long time ago just after Guru Ji left for his eternal home. No one knows what to believe and what they should be doing as a Sikh. I am quite strong in my faith, but reading some of the comments on this site has moved me like a pinball.

If there is more than one sect in SIKHISM, only ONE is correct and the others are WRONG! The only one that is correct is the one intiated in year 1699, sorry but this is the truth and that was as ou know it the original 'KHALSA'.

Guest Narinder Singh

Jassa, proactive has made many claims that you have yet to answer.

If you truly believe that "nihangs are the true sikhs", then you should have no problem refuting proactive's claims. Keep in mind that I am not pro-nihang or anti-nihang, im here to learn.

Oh by the way, can you tell me the contributions made by the Buddha Dal or Nihangs in general during the Sikh freedom movement of the 80's and 90's?

Fateh.

chatanga is using niddars definition really going to give any clarity?

so many people ask what did the nihangs do in the 80's? Why not go and ask the singhs in india they will tell you how they were tortured how their sons and daughters were killed, how they are permanently crippled.

Just becuase the Nihang Singhs have no way of advertising their shaheedis doesnt mean they didnt give any. I myself know countless singhs who gave up their lives in the 80's. Please do not dishonour those countless shaheeds, by starting this debate again.

A note to the admin this discussion has gone WAY OFF TOPIC - can we end it here please!