ur thoughts on jamdhoot are abit wrong. theyre not something u need to learn to defend against with weapons, u will encounter them at the time of death. they don't haunt u and scare u like ghosts, demons etc these jamdhoots are beings in the afterlife. gurbani says naam is the only protection from these jamdhoots. they arent scary creatures on this planet where a sarbloh kirpaan will be needed, these jamdhoots are actually horrific messengers of DEATH and u will enounter them only at the time of death. however they are scared of gurmukhs, so let us jap naam and follow bani!

actually, ^^^ i know a singh who has seen a jamdhooth twice, so why didnt it kill him the first time round? even tho it didn't kill him the second time round cuz he got to sachkhand prbbly, he ws one of the 3 gursikhs in the lake incident... so they i think they do come to torture you as well or make u scared, maybe it's a way of making somebody realise that the true path of Sikhi is the right path to be on or something like that...maybe....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like most people on here and ever, we have just heard stories and stuff from others and formed our perceptions and maybe a few quotes from gurbani to back it up. my thoughts are that jamdoots come to collect you when your times up. if you have been 'bad' then basically they smash ur soul outa your body and take you before dharam raj. but i ont really know, and never tried to find out. i think as long as u live a sikhi jeevan the guru wil help us out. and hopfully we wont get too scared in the afterlife.

I've always thought as Jamdoot in a metephorical sence, like if you do Bani, your more likely to hav a peaceful and 'braver' feeling at the time of death, cos you'll possess the mentality of 'its all in the will, it was guna happen, yesss i feel free'. However if you dont do much Bani, then you are more likely to be 'ahh craapp whats going on man' cos you'd be more materialstic and maya-fied. So the feeling of 'ahh craap whats going on' could be symbolised by jamdhoots, they're scaryness represents your emotions.

I duno.