A Question

Guest Narinder Singh

Guest Narinder Singh
First of all, I want to ask YOU a question, WHY do you question your faith? Why not leave it as it is, when you start to question your faith, you are coming under that weight of Kaljug - it makes you doubt your belief and Vaheguru. Try to avoid questioning Maharaj's doings, NO ONE can understand or depict them.

As for your question, I can only give you a answer as close as this:

Bhai Sulakan Singh Jee Taran Taran Wale, said in a Katha once, that after the Panj Pyare were made, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj took Amrit. The next day, five MORE members of the Sangat came and said to Guru Jee "Maharaj Jee, we also want to become your Khalsa, we also want to give our heads to Akhal Purkh. We ask for forgiveness, since we never got up yesterday when you asked for five Seahs (heads)." Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee could see that they were in TREMENDOUS regret, and he sat them down and replied 'Why feel in regret? Akhal Purkh KNEW who was going to stand up and give their Seahs (heads). If Vaheguru wanted to He could have had eleven Sangat members get up and give their Seahs (heads), but Maharaj ONLY wanted five.'

Hearing this, the five members of the Sangat, asked to join the Khalsa and become children of our Dasme'h Pitha. They took Amrit. More Sangat members came, then more, and so on.

What I'm trying to say is, it doesn't matter where they got the Five Kakaar's from for the rest of the Sangat. If my Kaligeethar Pitha Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj can seperate 5 Singh's Seahs from their body's and have them stand just by saying 'Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Ke Fateh', what is a problem like that infront of them?

:e:

Thanks for the reply but id have to say PAL 07's reply was a bit more logical and understanding, as for yours, u took my question as me questioning Guru Sahib, which i never did. I simply wanted to know the process in which all this happened, to get rid of my ignorance.

And yes it does matter where the kakkars came from, how will you answer the rest of the world when they ask you the same question? Will u say it doesnt matter? Its not a matter of questioning ones faith, its about finding out what happened and how.

Fateh.

(AkhaliTaksaliSingh @ Apr 24 2007, 04:51 AM)

The next day, five MORE members of the Sangat came and said to Guru Jee "Maharaj Jee, we also want to become your Khalsa, we also want to give our heads to Akhal Purkh.

so according to the sakhi only pnjh piyare took amrit that day and no one else did?

does that mean the history lessons which are given to us aboyt that day are bit wrong? {the part that aftr 5 took amrit many people got up and took amrit the same day. :@ }

bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Guest AkhaliTaksaliSingh
First of all, I want to ask YOU a question, WHY do you question your faith? Why not leave it as it is, when you start to question your faith, you are coming under that weight of Kaljug - it makes you doubt your belief and Vaheguru. Try to avoid questioning Maharaj's doings, NO ONE can understand or depict them.

As for your question, I can only give you a answer as close as this:

Bhai Sulakan Singh Jee Taran Taran Wale, said in a Katha once, that after the Panj Pyare were made, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj took Amrit. The next day, five MORE members of the Sangat came and said to Guru Jee "Maharaj Jee, we also want to become your Khalsa, we also want to give our heads to Akhal Purkh. We ask for forgiveness, since we never got up yesterday when you asked for five Seahs (heads)." Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee could see that they were in TREMENDOUS regret, and he sat them down and replied 'Why feel in regret? Akhal Purkh KNEW who was going to stand up and give their Seahs (heads). If Vaheguru wanted to He could have had eleven Sangat members get up and give their Seahs (heads), but Maharaj ONLY wanted five.'

Hearing this, the five members of the Sangat, asked to join the Khalsa and become children of our Dasme'h Pitha. They took Amrit. More Sangat members came, then more, and so on.

What I'm trying to say is, it doesn't matter where they got the Five Kakaar's from for the rest of the Sangat. If my Kaligeethar Pitha Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj can seperate 5 Singh's Seahs from their body's and have them stand just by saying 'Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Ke Fateh', what is a problem like that infront of them?

Thanks for the reply but id have to say PAL 07's reply was a bit more logical and understanding, as for yours, u took my question as me questioning Guru Sahib, which i never did. I simply wanted to know the process in which all this happened, to get rid of my ignorance.

And yes it does matter where the kakkars came from, how will you answer the rest of the world when they ask you the same question? Will u say it doesnt matter? Its not a matter of questioning ones faith, its about finding out what happened and how.

Fateh.

Personally, If I was asked a question by anyone, I'd refuse to answer. Also, no it's doesn't matter to me. I don't want to find out what or how it happened, all I care about is that it did happen.

(AkhaliTaksaliSingh @ Apr 24 2007, 04:51 AM)

The next day, five MORE members of the Sangat came and said to Guru Jee "Maharaj Jee, we also want to become your Khalsa, we also want to give our heads to Akhal Purkh.

so according to the sakhi only pnjh piyare took amrit that day and no one else did?

does that mean the history lessons which are given to us aboyt that day are bit wrong? {the part that aftr 5 took amrit many people got up and took amrit the same day. :@ }

bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

I didn't include that Katha talk as facts, it's what you learn from Katha's not what is right or wrong. Katha's come across as different but they are really quite similar. You obviously sound like you think I was speaking on Visakhi like that's exactly how it happened. I gave a example of what Bhai Jee said.

We can only speculate but it is quite possible that after the first panj piaray Guru Ji ordered the next batch to go home and come with all the Kakkars and then they would be initiated. Then after this Guru Ji ordered that all those who want Amrit must go get thier Kakkars first. The Sanchar lasted for days and days so there was plenty of time for people to come prepared.

Also, if Guru Ji had planned this momentus event then there is every reason to think that Guru Ji ordered thousands of Kanga/kashera/kara to be made before hand. There is no reason for Guru Ji to explain Himself to anyone if he ordered so, then the sikhs would have carried out the sewa.

We can go into these kinds of details all we like but really this path leads to doubt, and questioning Guru Ji is never very good.

At the end of the day, if Guru Ji can separate the heads of five and re-join them then the issue of getting 5ks for all Sikhs prepared to be initiated into the Khalsa is quite a small thing.

Guest Narinder Singh

Im not questioning Guru Sahib at all, i simply wanted to know about the events that took place.

As for this whole "i dont have to explain anything to anyone" attitude, i cant imagine Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji having that same attitude when he went to spread truth all through out Asia and the Middle-East.

Sikhi is about gyan, its not about expecting people to blindly follow what one says, thats more like Islam or Christianity.

Our Gurus never believed in God (belief leaves room for doubt), but our Gurus knew that God existed, there was no doubt. Thats what Sikhi is about

Fateh.

Guest AkhaliTaksaliSingh
Im not questioning Guru Sahib at all, i simply wanted to know about the events that took place.

As for this whole "i dont have to explain anything to anyone" attitude, i cant imagine Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji having that same attitude when he went to spread truth all through out Asia and the Middle-East.

Sikhi is about gyan, its not about expecting people to blindly follow what one says, thats more like Islam or Christianity.

Our Gurus never believed in God (belief leaves room for doubt), but our Gurus knew that God existed, there was no doubt. Thats what Sikhi is about

Fateh.

haha I can't live up to Guru Nanak Dev Jee's level, so you can call it a attitude or whatever, that's up to you. Like I said before 'I personally' wouldn't reply if I was asked a question like that. I don't want anyone to "follow" what I say - you obviously found what I said offensive. That's just typical.