Where's The Inspiration?

Guest Papi

• 2 months later...

Maybe we should all make more of an attempt to post more positive and Gurbani-Related posts. We at sikhsangat.com, both the members and the sevadars, all need to work together to keep the quality of this forum as high as possible. We all need to work together to improve our Sikhi and live out the Guru's Way. We are still growing everyday and need to learn to love and respect eachother.

Those who posted above, please also take initiative (not to say that you already haven't) to post more inspirational and Sikhi-related things. We lead by example. :wub:

Inspiration comes from within. Inspire yourself and you can inspire others, which in turn may inspire others.

Random Rant (you can skip this if you want): A lot of posts on SikhSangat (at least from what I remember a couple of years ago) used to be more compassionate as well as patient. When I read things now, I see a lot of people bashing others down (yeah, that's inspiring =P) or otherwise saying: "don't waste our time on sikhsangat" as if they know what others want. </end rant>

Maybe we should be asking ourselves this question, and not others. Instead of looking outwards, maybe it's a time to delve inwards.

I know you said that you're looking for the history/gurbani that inspires you. But... honestly, history/gurbani isn't inspiring to the un-inspired. Inspire yourself with God now; He's right in your face =P

PS - It might also have to do with.. you know.. so many topics being banned. I know it led to a lot of immature fights, but if done properly it could have been highly educational as well as broadening of the mind's viewpoints and perceptions.

TOTALLY agree Bhajneet!!!!!

was gnona post the same thing, but you said it wayyyyy bettterrrr.

If you can't inspire yourself, then you likely won't be inspired by others, nor will you be able to inspire others yourself!

No spark = no potential for fire....

you can't start a fire under just any circumstances...it's gotta be dry(your own self must be ready and willing), there must be a source that's already lit (you must be willing to allow the outside to inspire), and most importantly there must be oxygen (ofcourse...the entity that allows the transfer of energy to occur from the match to the dry item)