Helpppppppppppppppp

Guest baba amarjeet singh

please help me

im revising fisics and i cant answer this question

"A tennis player practising "follow through" in her service manages to keep her racquet in contact with the ball over 0.2m of her stroke. The ball flies off at 30m/s. If the mass of the ball is 100g, what average of force on the ball did she acheive?"

grin.gif

please help me

im revising fisics and i cant answer this question

"A tennis player practising "follow through" in her service manages to keep her racquet in contact with the ball over 0.2m of her stroke. The ball flies off at 30m/s. If the mass of the ball is 100g, what average of force on the ball did she acheive?"

grin.gif

apply your equations, well force = mass X accelleration youve got mass and youve got velocity, work out your accelleratipn using your velocity!!!!! btw r u doin mechanics, and have you done quanum phenomena yet? or have you got electricity to do yet????

Depends on the level you're at. This is the kinda basic thing we did at A-level Physics, which is when we learnt about the four equations of linear motion.

This is the way I worked it out:

v=30m/s

s=0.2m

u=0m/s

You need to work out a.

Therefore equation you use is v2=2+2as (can't remember if this equation is right, since I haven't done Physics in over six years). Plug in your numbers and you'll calculate a.

Then you got F=ma.

On the other hand this could be way over your level and I can't explain it simpler. Maybe someone else can help?

PS I got 225N

Guest mahakaal singh!
Depends on the level you're at. This is the kinda basic thing we did at A-level Physics, which is when we learnt about the four equations of linear motion.

v=30m/s

s=0.2m

u=0m/s

You need to work out a.

Therefore equation you use is v2=2+2as (can't remember if this equation is right, since I haven't done Physics in over six years). Plug in your numbers and you'll calculate a.

Then you got F=ma.

On the other hand this could be way over your level and I can't explain it simpler. Maybe someone else can help?

PS I got 225N

u hit the nail on the head!

Guest Guest

v=30m/s

s=0.2m

u=0m/s

You need to work out a.

Then you got F=ma.

PS I got 225N

i did that already and the answer came out way rong

the acceleration comes out MASSIVE

like 900m/s squared or somet

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

v=30m/s

s=0.2m

u=0m/s

You need to work out a.

Then you got F=ma.

PS I got 225N

ya thats the right equation and i agree with the answer, unless its a higher level and theres more detail/complexity involved like wicked warrior had sed...

i tried that

look

v squared= u squared+ 2as

a= (v squared - u squared) divided by 2s

a= (30 squared - 0 squared) divided by 2s

a= 900/2s

a=900/0.04

a=22500m/s squared ohmy.gif

then F=ma

=0.1 x 22500

answer= 2250N

2 things tht i dont get about tht

1. the acceleration is 22500???!?!?! thats MASSSSSIVE

2. answer in the book says that the final asnwer is 225, so where did i forget to divide by 10?

thank you fisics sangat

i tried that

look

a= 900/2s

a=900/0.04

then F=ma

=0.1 x 22500

answer= 2250N

2. answer in the book says that the final asnwer is 225, so where did i forget to divide by 10?

thank you fisics sangat

v squared = u sqaured +2as

a = v squared / (2s)

= (30 squared) / ( 2 x 0.2)

= 2250 m/s2

F = ma

= 2250 x 0.1

= 225N

Guest Papi
is that 0.2m suppose to be 0.2secs???? grin.gif
i tried that

look

a= 900/2s

a=900/0.04

then F=ma

=0.1 x 22500

answer= 2250N

where did the 2s come from?

f = ma

a = change in velocity/time it took to change the velocity (v0 - v1/t)

- you have mass (should be in KG)

- need to calculate acceleration -> have initial velocity (0), have final velocity (30), i'm guessing time is 0.2s. there you go, put all of em in a formula and that should do it :TH: unless i'm in LA LA LAND !!!! :devil: been like 5 yrs since i did physics