Attack On Harmandir Sahib

harshjeet

Is there any candle light vigils this year?

bruv, my opinion is dont bother wasting ur time lighting candles. reraise the awarness back in the sikh community cuz we r the ones who have forgotten the events of 84.

i dont think those shaedia were meant for candles to be light 24 years down the line, even though them panthic jathebhandis claim it makes a difference. its a crappy excercise in my view. shahedia took place to build our jevans, its with the kirpa of these shaheeds that we still have Gurujis grace. if our jevan r still kachay then no amount of candle lightings gonna change that or benefit us.

bruv, my opinion is dont bother wasting ur time lighting candles. reraise the awarness back in the sikh community cuz we r the ones who have forgotten the events of 84.

i dont think those shaedia were meant for candles to be light 24 years down the line, even though them panthic jathebhandis claim it makes a difference. its a crappy excercise in my view. shahedia took place to build our jevans, its with the kirpa of these shaheeds that we still have Gurujis grace. if our jevan r still kachay then no amount of candle lightings gonna change that or benefit us.

I understand what you are saying. We should be doing alot more than we do. It is pathetic that I have to come on some internet site and wonder whether anyone will do anything to keep the light going or try and achieve justice. In our own community we hold kirtan darbars which dont have no parchaar about what Sikhs have gone through. It is still good as we get laha from the sangat and kirtan, but we should make that extra effort.

All I would say is doing a candlelight vigil does not take anything away from our jeevan. We can do both.

Lets look at other ideas too. What else can/should we do?

the candle lightings raised awareness for me............. because i wondered what all the singhs were lighting the candls for, what was so important that happened that so much satkar was given......... thn i started really researching , ur right, but things like this do actually help raise awarenes.............aswel as what u say