Pink Elephant

The instrutor of a pink elephant diving school is in a dilemma.

The instructor has to find a body of water for the pink elephants to practice in. The body of water had to be big enough to allow all the 100 pink elephants currently enrolled in the diving school to dive in all at once.

So the instructor takes all the elephants to a pond outside the village. She tests it with just one elephant. She instructes the first elephant to dive into the village pond.

The first elephant dives in.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! SPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! There is much commotion!

All the water of pond rushes out. All the frogs croak like witches. All the villagers grab their pitchforks and come out running saying, "kee hoi ea, kee hoi ea?". (what happened?)

Some nihangs are ready to behead with their barchas.

The instructor says, "No, this won't do."

So then she finds a nearby lake. There she instructers 10 elephants to dive

in. To her joy, there isn't much noise. Then she tries 50.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! SPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There is much commotion!

A lot of the water goes out. Many animals are scared. The senior citizen's party on the lake shore is disrupted and some are calling their lawyers to see how much they can sue this instuctor for. The instructor says, "No, this won't do."

Finally, she takes all 100 elephants to the ocean. And says, "Dive in, y'all."

They all dive in. Nothing happens, the oceans takes them in quite graciously.

"Bhai Daljit Singh, with due respect, we think you have over-done it thistime!!!!

;! PINK ELEPHANTS!

DIVING SCHOOL!! Has this got anything to do with Naam

Now, now, my beloved friends, calm down. This post has everything to do with Naam

You see,

the instuctor is the guru,

the elephants are Naam kinkas (drops) and

we are the bodies of waters.

Let me explain.

The Guru gives Naam ras or Naam kinka to a soul. The soul, if it is a village pond, will go quite lot-pot. It will scream and run around telling any and everybody about it's spiritual experience.

"I JUST HAD GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE'S DARSHAN!!!!!!" it will tell the first gursikh it meets. People will soon start touching her feet and she will too begin to think she is somebody.

The guru will surely say, "No, this won't do."

On the other hand, if the soul is an ocean, all of naam ras and indeed vaahi-guroo can graciously sama (merge) into the soul.

So... we must not let our water overflow when we get any spiritual experiences. In other words, we should keep our spirtual experiences to ourselves - if we want to have more of them.

No one, absolutely no one (except perhaps a close naami mentor, if we have one) should notice we have had a mind-blowing experience. Even a teardrop is prohibited. Has anybody noticed that if one is in ras and one wants to cry, as soon as tears escape the eye, the ras diminishes drastically? Gursikhs tell me so.

The reason:

As soon as the tear comes out, the ego too jumps out and wants others to see this. "I just had an

experience. I am high. I am a gursikh. Respect me. I am somebody."

A naami gursikh told daas that while h guroo vaahi-guroo vaahi-guroo vaahi-guroo ......

taken from The Naamnet Book at

http://www.gurmatps.org/