Amritdhari Sisters

Should we criticise our sisters if they wish to remove excess facial hair?

I am saying this because there is a bibi at our local Gurdwara who has facial hair and she covers it with a shawl/chunni etc.

I feel sorry for her.

I want her and similar women to be proud of Sikhi not embarrassed and sad.

Should a formal hukkam nama be issued saying it is ok for girls to remove facial hair?

Guru Gobind Singh Ji has given us the leeway to introduce/change things - he created the 5 pyare who can do so. I do not think Guru Ji would want his daughters to be sad.

What do you think?

Or am i being too controversial.

Guest Papi

ok ok i dont wanna miss the previews. so lemme go n grab some popcorn n 7up quickly and while i'm at i think i'll also buy one of them massage cushions :lol:

Guest peacemaker
ok ok i dont wanna miss the previews. so lemme go n grab some popcorn n 7up quickly and while i'm at i think i'll also buy one of them massage cushions :lol:

I'll join you! :TH: This is going to very verrrrry interesting.

i dnt think u shud do that cuz our hair is a gift wereeva it is - wheather on our heds or our faces. i have a little issue with facial hair but im pround of it! i dnt need to remove or change anything to mi self to make mi self feel betta. no one needs to do anything to make themselves feel or luk beauitful its the same with make - up you want to be pure so you show ur true self

if you take it off or were make up ur not fooling Waheguru are u? Waheguru still knows how you rele luk so i think wots the point. just encourage those bibia to be proud of their hair.

fathe ji

Guest baba amarjeet singh

ohmy.gif

after all of the sacrifices gursikhs have made to keep their kesh, someone asks a question like this!

NO, keeping EVERY SINGLE HAIR ON THE BODY is COMPULSORY for a sikh

it is a BUJJAR KUREHIT to remove kes

if someone is sad because of following a hukam of the guru, there is something wrong there.

Should we criticise our sisters if they wish to remove excess facial hair?

I am saying this because there is a bibi at our local Gurdwara who has facial hair and she covers it with a shawl/chunni etc.

I feel sorry for her.

I want her and similar women to be proud of Sikhi not embarrassed and sad.

Should a formal hukkam nama be issued saying it is ok for girls to remove facial hair?

Guru Gobind Singh Ji has given us the leeway to introduce/change things - he created the 5 pyare who can do so. I do not think Guru Ji would want his daughters to be sad.

What do you think?

Or am i being too controversial.