Dont Judge Mona Guys And Girls

I rather not discuss Khalistan as it has nothing to do with the current topic. From what I have read most of the shaheeds were Amritdharis who spent years in jails and in Ghadar party. Most of the Sikhs came from the army and it was the policy of the british that every Sikh must take Amrit before joining the military. Most of the shaheeds during 80s were also Amritdharis and it was

mandatory for every member of BKI, KLF and BTF to take Amrit, do seva and naam abhiyaas. I have respect for Bhagat Singh because at the end he wanted to take Amrit but he was not yet a Sikh.

Regarding rehat draft by SGPC - Although it has its shortcomings but the definition of Sikh is clearly stated. Pay close attention to last two points.

Chapter 1

The Definition of Sikh

Article

I

Any human being who faithfully believes in

(i) One Immortal Being,

(ii) Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Dev to Guru Gobind Singh,

(iii) The Guru Granth Sahib,

(iv) The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

(v) the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh.

If you believe I have posted my "opinions" that cannot be backed by Gurbani then please show me. I have stated before that Gurbani, Vaaran, Rehatnamas, Tankhanama and other sources talk about one type of Sikh, with one identity and one rehat. Monay can be very close to Sikhi, can have much respect and passion (sometimes even more than some Amritdharis) but the journey does not begin until Amrit is obtained from Guru Sahib. Rest is your choice. Unless you post some rational valid points I will not respond as I believe I have posted more than enough. I suggest you read jeevans of Shaheeds of 18th century and try to become like them. Following Guru Sahib's hukam should be the only goal for a Sikh. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, AKJ aren’t Sikhs because they don’t accept Akal Takht rehit.

Just to clarify...

The AKJ follows the Akal Takht rehit, with a bit added on, as far as I can know...

The rehit was written by many people and took the BASIC views on Sikhism, so that EVERYONE could agree on something at least.

So there's nothing wrong with ADDDING to the rehit, as long as you're not CHANGING it.

Can you give any example please? I went to this retreat thing a couple weekends ago, and we discussed this topic, about adding to it but not changing it, and we decided that was the best thing to do. I mean what's wrong with AKJ if they say we have to, for example, read 5 banis in the morning, instead of 3..?

Sat Sri Akal;

Mona sikhs can be great persons better than most of sikhs but they are no longer sikhs, they have left sikhism by there own wishes. Look into our history there are millions of people who give there heads rather than there sikhism, Bhai Taru Singh.

Kesh are integral part of sikh, As said : Kesh guru dee Mohar hai", Keeping Kesh is just the first step, only Gurbani is what converts a sikh to gursikh. A sikh must be free from Kaam,Krodh, lobh etc, everyone knows. So if you are cutting your hair and still considering yourself a sikh it is just an illusion.

Just a question for Mona sikh, most people cut hairs for impressing girls, being socially accepted, So called medical reasons and there are thousand excuses, only excuses. So what is your excuse, The truth is you are not strong enough to be considered as a sikh.

As said in bani "sawat surat rab dee, bhande bayemann".

The Pure form is of God,Dishonest person Destroys it, if you are not honest to God then why do you want to be considered as sikh.

Just a question to my Sikh friends why we are trying to be appease the Patit, when they have wishfully rejected our religion, and do not care about teachings of Guru Gobind Singh and consider company of girls better then Guru. We always try to protect them why?????????????????

It is better to have few gursikhs in Sikhism then millions of Patits, as we are answerable to only our God.

You must admit there is weakness in there character as they give up there religion for wordly things.I am nowhere to judge a sikh and a mona, only saying a person who cuts kesh is not sikh.He may be a good person but not a sikh.

And if i hurt any sikh please forgive me and tell me where i am wrong.

ate ant wich main raab age ardass kada hain, ke mere bhulle bharavan nu sahi rasta dikhave.

You sir, don't know what you're talking about. First of all, monay aren't patit. The term patit only applies to amritdharis who have committed a sin.

Sikhi doesn't live and die by kesh. You're making it sound like kesh is the only important aspect of sikhi. If I was going by your logic, then there are hardly sikhs in this world. Wearing a turban alone doesn't make you a sikh (using your logic here). By using your logic, if a sikh doesn't do his/her prayers, then he/she isn't a sikh anymore. If a sikh has ego, pride and is greedy, then he/she isn't a sikh anymore. I can keep on going here, but I will stop. All I am saying is that no one is perfect and everybody learns in his or her own pace.

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥

गुर सतिगुर का जो सिखु अखाए सु भलके उठि हरि नामु धिआवै ॥

Gur saṯgur kā jo sikẖ akẖāė so bẖalkė uṯẖ har nām ḏẖiāvai.

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ॥

उदमु करे भलके परभाती इसनानु करे अम्रित सरि नावै ॥

Uḏam karė bẖalkė parbẖāṯī isnān karė amriṯ sar nāvai.

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

ਉਪਦੇਸਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਦੋਖ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਵੈ ॥

उपदेसि गुरू हरि हरि जपु जापै सभि किलविख पाप दोख लहि जावै ॥

Upḏės gurū har har jap jāpai sabẖ kilvikẖ pāp ḏokẖ leh jāvai.

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

ਫਿਰਿ ਚੜੈ ਦਿਵਸੁ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਗਾਵੈ ਬਹਦਿਆ ਉਠਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥

फिरि चड़ै दिवसु गुरबाणी गावै बहदिआ उठदिआ हरि नामु धिआवै ॥

Fir cẖaṛai ḏivas gurbāṇī gāvai bahḏiā uṯẖḏiā har nām ḏẖiāvai.

Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

ਜੋ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਧਿਆਏ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥

जो सासि गिरासि धिआए मेरा हरि हरि सो गुरसिखु गुरू मनि भावै ॥

Jo sās girās ḏẖiāė mėrā har har so gursikẖ gurū man bẖāvai.

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਸੁਣਾਵੈ ॥

जिस नो दइआलु होवै मेरा सुआमी तिसु गुरसिख गुरू उपदेसु सुणावै ॥

Jis no ḏaiāl hovai mėrā suāmī ṯis gursikẖ gurū upḏės suṇāvai.

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਧੂੜਿ ਮੰਗੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਕੀ ਜੋ ਆਪਿ ਜਪੈ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥

जनु नानकु धूड़ि मंगै तिसु गुरसिख की जो आपि जपै अवरह नामु जपावै ॥२॥

Jan Nānak ḏẖūṛ mangai ṯis gursikẖ kī jo āp japai avrah nām japāvai. ||2||

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

By the way, why are you saying "Sat Sri Akal"? The proper way of greeting a sikh is by saying "Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh" I guess this means you're not a sikh either. (using your logic here again)

Sat Sri Akal;

That is a good reply,

After 1984 most of Sikh were killed in fake encounters or jailed by Indian govt, most of people who were left are so called Punjabis(who feels calling them punjabi better then to refer as sikh, Only to be acceptable by there hindu friends) ,whose blood has become white and has other priorities in life other then Guru, So such people where cowards. The children born to them were also having no knowledge and were far away from ancesstors.So these people are called punjabi and in no way considered as Sikh. Some of them have no idea of Bluestar.

Someone have written from bani "Sawat Surat Rab Dee, Bhande bayemaan", , .So a person who is Bayemaan is having no respect;so a person having no respect is called a patit.

A sikh should offer prayers,and is should be as a true image of God, but noone is sikh but all are trying to attain it, and to do so kesh is only the first step because without kesh you cannot take Amrit and hence became Khalsa.Bani is the only Truth, but Sorry to say if you even cannot keep kesh i doubt you are reciting prayers daily.For me a amritdhari sikh commiting any wrong deed is the greatest sinner. Bhagat Singh was an Aryasamaji in his life and only in his prison he wishes to take amrit. Ranjit Singh was not a Sikh at all.

You remembers them but not Bhai Kartar Singh Sarabha, Master Sohan Singh Bhakna and all martys of Babar Akali lehar. Other graet Sikhs as Hari singh nalwa, Bughail singh, Nawab Kapor Singh and all Shaheeds were Amritdhari.

Guru Gobing singh says

Khalsa Mero Roop hai Khas, Khalse main main Karoo Niwas|

Khalsa Mero Mookh hai Aanga,Khalse ke ho sad sad Sanga||

So my brother you can see difference between a Amritdhari and a Patit.

Plaese tell me the excuse for which you have cut hairs. You have written many lines from Gurbani, That is good, So you want to say that you follow them , that recites God by each braeth, take naam in Morning. Then you will surely become Amritdhari in no time because you will realise this as you recites bani. I am haoppy for you, but i have concerns for other brothers who have drifted apart and not even recites bani.

For you Please tell me.

1) Any occurence of word Mona Sikh in Bani. Sehajdhari refers to keshdhari sikhs who have not taken Amrit.

2) Please say any line from Guru Granth sahib which says kesh are not important.

3) Please tell me sincerely that can Mona sikh die for the religion;as most Amritdhari Sikhs who are true will do with smile.

4)Do you really know our religion,history etc.

I will end it as "Kesh Guru dee Mohar hai". If you have no kesh you cannot be a Sikh.

May God gives Widom to all to decide between right and wrong, as by only realising ourselves we can work together to overcome our shotcomings, there is no time to blame each other, i understands that we should not judge others and atleast Punjabis should realise that keeping kesh is an integral part of being Sikh, even sehajdhari one.

Can we stop quoting huge posts?

You just destroyed my post :lol: lool