Boy Pressurised To Convert

Big_Tera

Big_Tera i was a student of q.mary. pls pls try to make him attend the Sikh society there. i know the people at the Sikh society there quite well, there someone called kuldip, pls do talk to him if u need any knowledge on sikhi.

if u know this boy quite well, pls pm me, as i will personally make attempts to come down to help sort this problem out. im not sure what exactly to do, apart from educated this Sikh about sikhi and show him what our values are. i will bring some Sikhs with me who can explain what sikhi is...

pls do write a letter to as many universities as you can to make them aware of this problem, whether they do anything is up to them, but the exposure of this issue should

pls do write a letter to as many universities as you can to make them aware of this problem, whether they do anything is up to them, but the exposure of this issue should create ripples over all universities where most of this incidents emerge from.

I have spoken to members of the Sikh society and have been told that there funding is very limited compared to the Islamic societies. This is not a fair start to be begin with, through actions of the universities themselves.

Allot of these issues have been emerging for years and is becoming more and more worse. I have many topics of this, and where most Sikhs (NOT ALL) have simply encouraged other Sikhs brothers to look after their Sikh sisters, and educate them…

However I don’t think this has much of an impact, the impact which is should have. Our Sikh brothers and sisters are not totally stupid and are aware of these problems but would still continue, for example how many Sikhs boys have you’s seen that smoke and drink, yet when entering the Gurdwara, most do follow the values of sikhi and become one of the other Sikhs, in ways where one would maybe contribute to langar sava, and other ways, etc. my point is that although there are many people who know little about there religion; they would always defend their religion, BUT small minority of those people would actually practice their religion.

I had conducted various interviews with many people at q.mary and the results were staggering at how much knowledge people know. I can’t really post the full interviews conducted as of copyrights issues but I can certainly dig out a number of key parts from it.

I think we as Sikhs now need to hit the big people in the business, we can go on educated our brothers and sisters, yet other muslims will still go on converting them unless bigger organisations are notified of them. I think we should notify as many universities about these issues and make sure they are aware of these issues, maybe they can also set-up some sort of services and take action against these issues. The more people that do this, the bigger the impact it should have. The Sikh societies should also be contacted, but pls do send out the letters directly to the principles of the universities so that these issues do not get swept under the carpets.

I had emailed over 20 different Sikh societies from universities and all the ones on the BOSS website to gather knowledge on sikhi, and unfortunately only about 3 replied until this day. The members of the Sikh societies themselves can also cause problems, especially ones that I have attend where they unable to provide the right knowledge to the students. There is also the problem that these students main objective is the pass their courses which can interfere with the Sikh societies; for this reason I think it would be best to mainly contact the principles of the universities.

Back to the topic of the Sikh boy,, maybe this Sikh should be taken to a Gurdwara to make him aware of how us Sikhs live together as a community, although every Gurdwara is equal in its same way, I did personally find that some have a greater impact on me at first ie something like Harmandir Sahib or Havelock Road Gurdwara in southall though later in life they all had the same impact on me.

I have gone through many of these converting islam situations, and many are shown on you tube website; and of these there is a common occurrence of issues that take place.

1. Through love relationships - mainly directed at girls;

2. Lack of own-religion knowledge;

3. Low periods in peoples likes where they are looking for a change.

Of all of these, most of these people have had muslims friends present to take action to aid them into islam. I feel the same can be done if people were exposed to sikhi in the same instance.

In some incidents Sikhs have been advised to knock on peoples doors to educate them about sikhi; in my area, no one would want to know, people who have faiths of different religions are not interested and would simply lock these views out their minds. But if people were to read of these, ie common issues at universities; in the news; magazines; people would read FOR THEMSELVES, where there would be no pressure put on them to understand the values of sikhi, so long as the values are expressed within boundaries of fairness to all religions, or testimonies are provided which can be referred to further sources.

Im not sure fully sure of the legalities of this, so don’t quote me on this, but on tubes and buses there are many people that I have found who would read anything there is on their travels, whether is tv guides or sill insurance leaflets, anything that would occupy them. In the same way, I think this is one way that leaflets could be exposed explained as a overview of sikhi.

I do not want to cause a stir of outcry or injust motives, but I do feel people should try to generate ideas and post them on how Sikhs can tackle this problem worldwide, because in generations to come, it will be our children who will suffer after we depart from this world. Little and little knowledge is carried down through some families, and so parents are unable to educate their young ones; and when this happens, someone else will be waiting to take that role and guide them in another direction.

Im sorry if I have offended anyone, but thank you for taking the time to read my reply.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said that in the quran there is one passage that cannot be measured by any type of poetic meter or anything and this proves that it is the word of God!!

Yup i've had this line used on me...lol. They said there is no poetry in the world that can match this passage.

Balpreet Singh (Tapoban) at khalsa camp said that they showed Zaffarnama to a Persian language historian to help get the best translation possible. After reading Zaffarnama, the historian said he had never read more beautiful poetry in his life. He said the way words of different dialects were used and combined by Guru ji to write Zaffarnama was out of this world.

BTW...the historian is a Muslim!!!

When talking to Muslims NEVER doubt the greatness of Guru Ji. Defend Sikhi, even if you can't answer their questions, always say "eventhough i don't know the answer to that, i know Sikhi is 100% true"

When mona mate was having a debate with a muslim girl, she was unable to answer his question (i was really impressed by him), but the muslim girl impressed me even more. She kept saying with Anakh/Pride. "even though i don't know the answer to that, Islam is perfect, i have no doubts"..the way she said it impressed me. Would most Sikhs say that with the anakh she had even if they didn't know the answer...NO, they wouldn't, they'd start doubting.

What really annoys me is that we start questioning Sikhi so quickly, we never accept the perfection of sikhi. Our mindset is all wrong.

Even if your put on the spot NEVER doubt Sikhi

Big_Tera i was a student of q.mary. pls pls try to make him attend the Sikh society there. i know the people at the Sikh society there quite well, there someone called kuldip, pls do talk to him if u need any knowledge on sikhi.

if u know this boy quite well, pls pm me, as i will personally make attempts to come down to help sort this problem out. im not sure what exactly to do, apart from educated this Sikh about sikhi and show him what our values are. i will bring some Sikhs with me who can explain what sikhi is...

pls do write a letter to as many universities as you can to make them aware of this problem, whether they do anything is up to them, but the exposure of this issue should

pls do write a letter to as many universities as you can to make them aware of this problem, whether they do anything is up to them, but the exposure of this issue should create ripples over all universities where most of this incidents emerge from.

I have spoken to members of the Sikh society and have been told that there funding is very limited compared to the Islamic societies. This is not a fair start to be begin with, through actions of the universities themselves.

Allot of these issues have been emerging for years and is becoming more and more worse. I have many topics of this, and where most Sikhs (NOT ALL) have simply encouraged other Sikhs brothers to look after their Sikh sisters, and educate them…

However I don’t think this has much of an impact, the impact which is should have. Our Sikh brothers and sisters are not totally stupid and are aware of these problems but would still continue, for example how many Sikhs boys have you’s seen that smoke and drink, yet when entering the Gurdwara, most do follow the values of sikhi and become one of the other Sikhs, in ways where one would maybe contribute to langar sava, and other ways, etc. my point is that although there are many people who know little about there religion; they would always defend their religion, BUT small minority of those people would actually practice their religion.

I had conducted various interviews with many people at q.mary and the results were staggering at how much knowledge people know. I can’t really post the full interviews conducted as of copyrights issues but I can certainly dig out a number of key parts from it.

I think we as Sikhs now need to hit the big people in the business, we can go on educated our brothers and sisters, yet other muslims will still go on converting them unless bigger organisations are notified of them. I think we should notify as many universities about these issues and make sure they are aware of these issues, maybe they can also set-up some sort of services and take action against these issues. The more people that do this, the bigger the impact it should have. The Sikh societies should also be contacted, but pls do send out the letters directly to the principles of the universities so that these issues do not get swept under the carpets.

I had emailed over 20 different Sikh societies from universities and all the ones on the BOSS website to gather knowledge on sikhi, and unfortunately only about 3 replied until this day. The members of the Sikh societies themselves can also cause problems, especially ones that I have attend where they unable to provide the right knowledge to the students. There is also the problem that these students main objective is the pass their courses which can interfere with the Sikh societies; for this reason I think it would be best to mainly contact the principles of the universities.

Back to the topic of the Sikh boy,, maybe this Sikh should be taken to a Gurdwara to make him aware of how us Sikhs live together as a community, although every Gurdwara is equal in its same way, I did personally find that some have a greater impact on me at first ie something like Harmandir Sahib or Havelock Road Gurdwara in southall though later in life they all had the same impact on me.

I have gone through many of these converting islam situations, and many are shown on you tube website; and of these there is a common occurrence of issues that take place.

1. Through love relationships - mainly directed at girls;

2. Lack of own-religion knowledge;

3. Low periods in peoples likes where they are looking for a change.

Of all of these, most of these people have had muslims friends present to take action to aid them into islam. I feel the same can be done if people were exposed to sikhi in the same instance.

In some incidents Sikhs have been advised to knock on peoples doors to educate them about sikhi; in my area, no one would want to know, people who have faiths of different religions are not interested and would simply lock these views out their minds. But if people were to read of these, ie common issues at universities; in the news; magazines; people would read FOR THEMSELVES, where there would be no pressure put on them to understand the values of sikhi, so long as the values are expressed within boundaries of fairness to all religions, or testimonies are provided which can be referred to further sources.

Im not sure fully sure of the legalities of this, so don’t quote me on this, but on tubes and buses there are many people that I have found who would read anything there is on their travels, whether is tv guides or sill insurance leaflets, anything that would occupy them. In the same way, I think this is one way that leaflets could be exposed explained as a overview of sikhi.

I do not want to cause a stir of outcry or injust motives, but I do feel people should try to generate ideas and post them on how Sikhs can tackle this problem worldwide, because in generations to come, it will be our children who will suffer after we depart from this world. Little and little knowledge is carried down through some families, and so parents are unable to educate their young ones; and when this happens, someone else will be waiting to take that role and guide them in another direction.

Im sorry if I have offended anyone, but thank you for taking the time to read my reply.

thanks. ive heard of kuldip. i havent been to the Sikh society but i will tell him to go. he does go to the punjabi society though. im goi9ng to help him as much as possible.

theres been quite a few topics of conversions ect. but theres a Sikh male at uni that is being pressurised to convert to islam. he's a outgoing, mona boy and somehow he's been mixing with a group of extremist at uni.

i saw him a couple of times in the Gurdwara on Vaishaki. but he told me not to tell the group of muslims that are trying to convert him. as they dont want him to go to the Gurdwara.

im not sure how to advise him or what to do.

Thats the first step. Now you know then please get help for him Get in touch with http://www.sasorg.co.uk/about.html

and

also let the Uni officials know of whats happening.

'Gather' around him with all the support you can get and HELP him. He has made the first move for help so lets help him.

thanks for the link ill let him know about it. yep ive said to him that he can hang around with us ect. and if he needs to talk we are always here for him.