Career In Aeronautics

after my 12th, i will have to choose a stream.. so, i m working on it right now ...

i have searched some info on "aeronautical egineering" and i m also interested in it....

but, in india, there r not many instituions...

there r some really good colleges but for that, we need to clear IIT which i can't even think of... too difficult ohmy.gif

so, i have to opt for some private colleges who offer this course.. i found some colleges in india for it like http://www.iitmpune.com ..

plzz suggest me if it would be alright for me to go for this course..

i have also seen some foreign colleges but that will be too expensive...

u know 5-7 lakh tution fee... woohoo.gif i can manage that but including hostel fee... it becomes too much for one year...

so, plzz suggest me wat to do... i m totally confused... grin.gif

here is the list of instituitions offering aeraunautical engineering

in india apart from iits you can also do this from colleges like punjab engineering from where kalpana chawla did it.

http://www.webindia123.com/career/engineer...ct=aeronautical

thanks... it is really very helping link... i have also checked punjab engineering college and found it quite good and its also in my own state... so, no problem... but, for that, i have to qualify in AIEEE

thats not so difficult ... but still i need to work hard... pray.gif

Aeronautical engineering is good field but not too vast and sometime it becomes hard for a sikh to have such job positions in the west.. My brother spent 2 years doing this major but changed his mind and went into IT field and it proven to be the jackpot. Those who says IT/computer field is down .. they actually never understand the real IT world. Job demands for this field is always here and there.. IT field is vast and one should get proper guidance from someone who is already in this field and should not held him/her back from doing research in this field.

When i was in India last year.. im always hearing, seeing all these new type of Aviation training centers and their ads in newspapers etc... I don't know how it helps them as far as i know that India's domestic airline system is not that great in economic wise. Maybe its the trend going one which will go cool after few years.. So decide wisely :lol: Good Luck

in india apart from iits you can also do this from colleges like punjab engineering from where kalpana chawla did it.

thanks... it is really very helping link... i have also checked punjab engineering college and found it quite good and its also in my own state... so, no problem... but, for that, i have to qualify in AIEEE

dear barjinder

If you want to get admission in top engineering colleges in india then you have to work very hard.forget about the marks in class 12 boards make sure it is above 80%.join very good coaching instituit's like fiitjee etc work very hard for entrance examinations.may waheguru help you in becoming aeronautical engineer.

dear barjinder

If you want to get admission in top engineering colleges in india then you have to work very hard.forget about the marks in class 12 boards make sure it is above 80%.join very good coaching instituit's like fiitjee etc work very hard for entrance examinations.may waheguru help you in becoming aeronautical engineer.

i can get 80+ in 12th exam ... i have 88% in 10th.... but we don't have any popular coaching centre in jalandhar... my tution teacher is very open with me (just like brother) and he told me that clearing AIEEE is not a big task... just follow NCERT and some refernce book and its all we need...

surprisingly, this times AIEEE exam was 90% from ncert... so, i think its easy...

can anyone plzz tell me approx wat rank i need to get admission in some good college offering aeronautics...

and about difficulties in west... its although not encouraging... but i m willing to face them... pray.gif

dear barjinder

clearing aieee is not very difficuilt but seats in aeronautical engineering are limited so you need very high rank.don't take it

lightly .coaching is a must for engineering entrance exams.my cousin brother got 95.2% in cbse boards and 99% in maths in class 10

he is taking coaching from fiitjee.but he is still in 3rd batch rankwise.you have to compete with very brilliant students in aieee to get high rank.if you cannot join reguler coaching then join correspondence course or weekend batch in nearby cities.but coaching is a must.

dear barjinder

clearing aieee is not very difficuilt but seats in aeronautical engineering are limited so you need very high rank.don't take it

lightly .coaching is a must for engineering entrance exams.my cousin brother got 95.2% in cbse boards and 99% in maths in class 10

he is taking coaching from fiitjee.but he is still in 3rd batch rankwise.you have to compete with very brilliant students in aieee to get high rank.if you cannot join reguler coaching then join correspondence course or weekend batch in nearby cities.but coaching is a must.

i agree with u that coaching is one of the main factors... but, i will not say it is a must..

u see... this time's IIT topper from kotkapura has not taken any coaching...

and i have checked website of punjab engineering college... for admission, we need to qualify AIEEE

can u tell me wat is the qualification critirea for AIEEE ...

after qualification, we can directly apply for admission in that college...