Mool Mantar Translated

sibya

Guest Akirtghan
Gyani Thakur SInghs katha on mool mant (also on gurmat veechar) is in great depth
giani ji's katha is sooooooooo deep, i coudln't understand a lot of it

Guest Narinder Singh

I respect Baba Jarnail Singh Ji for the seva he did for the kaum, I also praise him for respecting the maryada of Sri Akal Takht Sahib (regardless of his personal beliefs) and acted according to that. If the Panth has decided that Mool Mantar is up until gurparsad, then we must follow (regardless of our own beliefs).

Respect the hukam of the Guru Panth, thats all im saying.

Fateh.

Whether your in the school of thought believing the Mool Mantar ends in 'Gurprasad' or in the other believing in 'Hosi be Sach', all I can say is I was taught for it to end on 'Hosi Be Sach' though I recognize many now believe it should end on 'Gurprasad'. Thus I left a small gap above in my initial post above to accomodate both schools of thought...

Guest Narinder Singh
i suppose the NEw scholars must be right and old the old scholars and sampardas be wrong then. oh well whats next to change. ummmm i think they have changed more or less everything now. too many shankas.

anyway i was told it ended at nanak hosi bhi sachh

Why dont we ask ourselves the questions of when it was changed to "nanak hosi bhi sach"? Just because people may have been doing it until nanak hosi bhi sach for years that doesnt make it correct. And you talk about scholars, but im talking about the Panth, and the Panth agrees upon this.

And i guess the old "groups" were right in drinking bhang and using the blood of goats to clean their shasters and the new "scholars" are wrong when speaking against those practices.

I dont want to offend anyone, so i wont comment on this anymore,

Fateh.

If the Panth has decided that Mool Mantar is up until gurparsad, then we must follow (regardless of our own beliefs).

Veer Narinder Singh can you please tell me the source of this quote that the Mool Mantar has been agreed by the Panth up to Gurparsaad. This issue along with the Raag Mala has never been agreed upon by the Akal Takhat and never will. Unfortunatly whatever the decision it will split the panth and due to this they allow both notions to be allowed such as allowing Akhand Paaths to be done with or without raagmala (PLEASE THIS IS NOT SAID TO START A DEBATE ON THE RAAGMALA. I DO NOT WISH FOR THE THREAD TO BE CLOSED)

In the same way they do not mind the recitation of the Mool Mantar to either gurparsaad or nanak hosi bhi sach. All that the sangat wants is for one to repeat the name of the Lord which is the most important

I will post tranlations of the Mool mantar according to the two taksal steeks as soon as i can

please let us not make this into an issue, this post is about the sri jap ji sahib. if you want to start a new thread on the differnet schools of thought then please do so. I know veer Narinder SIngh said that he follows the choice of the panth to read the mool mantar to Gurparsaad. I will have to say that this is not an agreed move.

This Akal Takhat will not make a decision on the issue of the Mool Mantar like wise the Raag Mala and Meat due to not wanting to split the faith. personally i can see their arguements for not making a decision.

All i would say is Gurparsaad or Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach that is not the big issue, the issue is if one is repeating the name of the Lord then dont stop them.

I will post the translations of the mool mantar accoring to the Damdami and Sato Gali taksal soon in english

Guest Narinder Singh
If the Panth has decided that Mool Mantar is up until gurparsad, then we must follow (regardless of our own beliefs).

Veer Narinder Singh can you please tell me the source of this quote that the Mool Mantar has been agreed by the Panth up to Gurparsaad. This issue along with the Raag Mala has never been agreed upon by the Akal Takhat and never will. Unfortunatly whatever the decision it will split the panth and due to this they allow both notions to be allowed such as allowing Akhand Paaths to be done with or without raagmala (PLEASE THIS IS NOT SAID TO START A DEBATE ON THE RAAGMALA. I DO NOT WISH FOR THE THREAD TO BE CLOSED)

In the same way they do not mind the recitation of the Mool Mantar to either gurparsaad or nanak hosi bhi sach. All that the sangat wants is for one to repeat the name of the Lord which is the most important

I will post tranlations of the Mool mantar according to the two taksal steeks as soon as i can

Its written in the Sikh Rehit Maryada veerji, so it has been decided.

Fateh.

Translation 1

<>

Ik Onkar

Ik = one god without another equal, Onkar = gives light and knowledge

There is only one god and there is no duality in his form. God gives light and knowledge to all.

siq

Sat

Sat = indestructible

God cannot be destroyed.

nwm

Nam

Nam = well known

The name of God is well known.

krqw

Karta

Karta = Creator of all

God is the creator of the entire universe.

purKu

Purkh

Purkh = complete

God is complete.

inrBau

Nirbhou

Nirbhou = no enmity

God is without enmity.

inrvYru

Nirvair

Nirvair = no fear

God is without fear.

Akwl

Akaal

Akaal = immortal

God does not succumb to death

mUriq

Moorat

Moorat = form

The form of God is immortal

AjUnI

Ajooni

Ajooni = exempt from transmigration

God is exempt from transmigration

sYBM

Sai Bhang

Sai Bhang = self enlightened

God is self-enlightened

gur

Gur

Gur = perceptive and conscious

God is the form of a perceptive and conscious being

pRswid

Parsad

Parsad = supreme bliss

God is the form of supreme bliss

] jpu ]

Jap

Jap = refers to the name of the prayer

Jap is the name of the prayer. It is know referred to as the Sri Jap Ji Sahib but was originally called the Jap Sahib or Jap Nisan

Awid scu

Aad Sach

Aad = primal beginning, Sach = truth

Before the creation of anything the only thing in existence was God. Even then when he was alone he was true

jugwid scu ]

Jugaad Sach

Jugaad = numerous ages, Sach = truth

When the ages of Satjug, Treta, Dwapar and Kaljug started and the conduct to how to live was started God was still true. These ages are refereed to as the Golden Age, the Silver Age, the Bronze Age and the Dark Age.

hY BI scu

Hai Bhi Sach

Hai Bhi = now is, Sach = truth

God still is the form of truth in the present day and time

nwnk hosI BI scu ]1]

Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach. 1.

Nanak = Guru Nanak Dev Ji say, Hosi Bhi = in the future, Sach = truth

Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji says that in the future God will remain the form of truth.