Some Of My Poems

wow im happy you all like them, but my poetry is honestly a gift from waheguruji so thank god not me pray.gif heres another old one...il write some new ones soon :umm:

Oblivious I am, to this heavenly presence. Yet its love for me is always so immense. Waheguru-ji is watching over me. Heavenly white and pure, seeing all within me. Guiding me night and day. Leading me the right way. Yet why do I always forget to listen to the wisdom you speak and say?

Blinded by the bright lights of this world, Iv forgotten you. Absorbed in the falseness of sin, I slowly move further astray. Yet unsatisfied I remain, nothing appeases the hunger. So I slump deeper and deeper in sin to quench the unquenchable hunger.

You watch all I do, with a tear down your face. Unable to stop me, from losing the ultimate race. Yet you never leave me, your love and hope still remain. You always watch over me, until the day we meet again.

d_oh.gif i luv'd tht lineeee 2 sikkk

we'll b buyin ur poetry from Waterstones 1 day lol William Singhspeare :umm:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ive just written another one, remember its been a while since i wrote one...i hope you all like this (sorry if it scares anyone :umm: )

Naam and Maya

Like the bee drawn to the honey and the moth drawn to the flame. The gurmukh soul is drawn to and searching for the one true name. But like the moth, our souls are captivated and burnt by Mayas flame. Without the true name, like the bee, our soul searches for the honey of truth in vain.

Without naam, we are alone, weak and defenceless. Then the great temptress castes her sensuous blanket over our senses. Blind, deaf and unable to perceive the great lord. Maya watches as her sticky web wraps around and binds us.

Then her venomous fangs, inject her poison, keeping our soul in her clasp. Now comatose, unable to move, she feeds on her victim at last. Yet unaware of the danger, the soul continues to sin. And the spider gorges and feeds on each and every sin.

Finally the soul emerges from its comatose shell. And sees the temptress whom has doomed this soul to hell.

wjkk wjkf

ok ive just written another one, remember its been a while since i wrote one...i hope you all like this (sorry if it scares anyone :umm: )

Naam and Maya

Like the bee drawn to the honey and the moth drawn to the flame. The gurmukh soul is drawn to and searching for the one true name. But like the moth, our souls are captivated and burnt by Mayas flame. Without the true name, like the bee, our soul searches for the honey of truth in vain.

Without naam, we are alone, weak and defenceless. Then the great temptress castes her sensuous blanket over our senses. Blind, deaf and unable to perceive the great lord. Maya watches as her sticky web wraps around and binds us.

Then her venomous fangs, inject her poison, keeping our soul in her clasp. Now comatose, unable to move, she feeds on her victim at last. Yet unaware of the danger, the soul continues to sin. And the spider gorges and feeds on each and every sin.

Finally the soul emerges from its comatose shell. And sees the temptress whom has doomed this soul to hell.

wjkk wjkf

:umm: good luck wiv the nightmares ppl blush.gif ur poems are baaaad - i jus dont understand how ppl know soo many long words (u kno the words that are all like "poshy" lol)

heres another poem i wrote today about amritvela :umm: (il keep posting ones i write in this thread for everyone unless someone objects)

Amritvela (2am-4am)

Alone, asleep under the night sky. The owls hoot, the wind whistles, the bright stars shine. This celestial moonlit night, such a spectacle, such a sight.

At such a divine hour, the true sikh should awaken. And meditate on the source of life and creation, the one lord. Waheguru.

Once you rise, first cleanse thy physical body, the home and shelter of salvation. Waheguru. Then cleanse thy spiritual body, and bathe in the lords name.

Like dirt washed from the towel, in the same way thousands of sins are washed away. Oh siblings of destiny, praise the lord in this way, night and day. Waheguru

This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 305

mÚ 4 ]

ma 4 ||

Fourth Mehla:

gur siqgur kw jo isKu AKwey su Blky auiT hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae out(h) har naam dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

audmu kry Blky prBwqI iesnwnu kry AMimRq sir nwvY ]

oudham karae bhalakae parabhaathee eisanaan karae a(n)mrith sar naavai ||

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

aupdyis gurU hir hir jpu jwpY siB iklivK pwp doK lih jwvY ]

oupadhaes guroo har har jap jaapai sabh kilavikh paap dhokh lehi jaavai ||

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

iPir cVY idvsu gurbwxI gwvY bhidAw auTidAw hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

fir charrai dhivas gurabaanee gaavai behadhiaa out(h)adhiaa har naam dhhiaavai ||

Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

jo swis igrwis iDAwey myrw hir hir so gurisKu gurU min BwvY ]

jo saas giraas dhhiaaeae maeraa har har so gurasikh guroo man bhaavai ||

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

ijs no dieAwlu hovY myrw suAwmI iqsu gurisK gurU aupdysu suxwvY ]

jis no dhaeiaal hovai maeraa suaamee this gurasikh guroo oupadhaes sunaavai ||

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

jnu nwnku DUiV mMgY iqsu gurisK kI jo Awip jpY Avrh nwmu jpwvY ]2]

jan naanak dhhoorr ma(n)gai this gurasikh kee jo aap japai avareh naam japaavai ||2||

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

heres another poem i wrote today about amritvela :umm: (il keep posting ones i write in this thread for everyone unless someone objects)

Amritvela (2am-4am)

Alone, asleep under the night sky. The owls hoot, the wind whistles, the bright stars shine. This celestial moonlit night, such a spectacle, such a sight.

At such a divine hour, the true sikh should awaken. And meditate on the source of life and creation, the one lord. Waheguru.

Once you rise, first cleanse thy physical body, the home and shelter of salvation. Waheguru. Then cleanse thy spiritual body, and bathe in the lords name.

Like dirt washed from the towel, in the same way thousands of sins are washed away. Oh siblings of destiny, praise the lord in this way, night and day. Waheguru

This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 305

mÚ 4 ]

ma 4 ||

Fourth Mehla:

gur siqgur kw jo isKu AKwey su Blky auiT hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae out(h) har naam dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

audmu kry Blky prBwqI iesnwnu kry AMimRq sir nwvY ]

oudham karae bhalakae parabhaathee eisanaan karae a(n)mrith sar naavai ||

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

aupdyis gurU hir hir jpu jwpY siB iklivK pwp doK lih jwvY ]

oupadhaes guroo har har jap jaapai sabh kilavikh paap dhokh lehi jaavai ||

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

iPir cVY idvsu gurbwxI gwvY bhidAw auTidAw hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

fir charrai dhivas gurabaanee gaavai behadhiaa out(h)adhiaa har naam dhhiaavai ||

Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

jo swis igrwis iDAwey myrw hir hir so gurisKu gurU min BwvY ]

jo saas giraas dhhiaaeae maeraa har har so gurasikh guroo man bhaavai ||

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

ijs no dieAwlu hovY myrw suAwmI iqsu gurisK gurU aupdysu suxwvY ]

jis no dhaeiaal hovai maeraa suaamee this gurasikh guroo oupadhaes sunaavai ||

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

jnu nwnku DUiV mMgY iqsu gurisK kI jo Awip jpY Avrh nwmu jpwvY ]2]

jan naanak dhhoorr ma(n)gai this gurasikh kee jo aap japai avareh naam japaavai ||2||

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

:umm: Don't worry I won't tell no one that am the ghost writer :lol:

heres one i wrote today, i really like it pray.gif

The Worlds Ocean

Mountainous waves, treacherous rapids. Deep cavernous caves, sharks and fishes. The ocean of the world, filled with dangerous terrain all must navigate and explore.

Crashing and destroying, this powerful force felt by all. Unable to swim, the current pulling and killing the sinful mortal. Biting and feasting, the oceans devils devour the corpse to the bones and the skull.

Searching and fighting for gold and jewels, sinful pirates scour the earth. Unaware that the true treasure lies deep within our soul, from birth. Yet the souls cure, this heavenly treasure, only realised by the truthful and the pure.

A raging storm, thunder and lightning. A test from the lord, chilling and frightening. O mortal, only on the lords boat, will salvation from this whirlpool of death, be yours.

wjkk wjkf

The Worlds Ocean

Mountainous waves, treacherous rapids. Deep cavernous caves, sharks and fishes. The ocean of the world, filled with dangerous terrain all must navigate and explore.

Crashing and destroying, this powerful force felt by all. Unable to swim, the current pulling and killing the sinful mortal. Biting and feasting, the oceans devils devour the corpse to the bones and the skull.

Searching and fighting for gold and jewels, sinful pirates scour the earth. Unaware that the true treasure lies deep within our soul, from birth. Yet the souls cure, this heavenly treasure, only realised by the truthful and the pure.

A raging storm, thunder and lightning. A test from the lord, chilling and frightening. O mortal, only on the lords boat, will salvation from this whirlpool of death, be yours.

wjkk wjkf

that wass wwkkkdd!!!! i luv it wen poems end wiv sorta question things MAKES YA THINKKK!!! keep postin lol got the heviest collection :umm:

The Worlds Ocean

wjkk wjkf

that wass wwkkkdd!!!! i luv it wen poems end wiv sorta question things MAKES YA THINKKK!!! keep postin lol got the heviest collection :umm:

lol ur the only one commenting anymore, thanks for your comments :umm: . i will carry on posting them when i write them

wjkk wjkf