Some Of My Poems

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres one i wrote today, because i dont like people praising my actions when it is waheuguruji who should be getting all of the praise...wjkk wjkf (on this forum and also in my life)

Ego

Why do they praise the light, but not its source? Why do they thank the rain but not the clouds?

Why do they praise the student, but not the teacher? Blinded they see MY actions, but not YOURS. Waheguru

You are the wind, my hands are the seeds. By your force, they are spread far and wide. What blossoms is always yours, yet they say its mine.

I do not want the praise or the prize which is rightfully yours. Please save this manmukh from this world. Please make me the dust of your feet my lord.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Hukam

I am a slave to the divine command of my master. Even in pain, sorrow and disaster I thank my lord. Even in poverty, I can always afford to offer him my prayer.

I am grass, and life ravages, burns and tramples me. I am a leper, an untouchable, an outcast. I am deformed and dying, death's face is all I see. Yet your actions seem so sweet to me…and I thank you my lord.

I am bee starved of thy sweet honey. A poor banker with no money. I am a lion without my pride. You are the wind, and I am the tide. I am always a slave to your divine command.

With each breath I savour you, with each heartbeat I thank you. For this spec of dust has been blessed with thy holy naam. Vaheguru.

In happiness and sadness I always remember my lord. For now this soul is liberated, it will no longer suffer, and shall no longer be reborn.

Vaheguru Ji ka khalsa. Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh.

(The khalsa Belong to God. All victory is the victory of God)

I like the metaphor's loll - (am tryna bring my english GCSE words into now..loll is that what their called: grin.gif but yeh :TH:

Ego

Why do they praise the light, but not its source? Why do they thank the rain but not the clouds?

Why do they praise the student, but not the teacher? Blinded they see MY actions, but not YOURS. Waheguru

You are the wind, my hands are the seeds. By your force, they are spread far and wide. What blossoms is always yours, yet they say its mine.

I do not want the praise or the prize which is rightfully yours. Please save this manmukh from this world. Please make me the dust of your feet my lord.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

oo bravo! bravo! this one was beautifully done!!!

have you read the divine comedy? because your morality sounds so much like it. Also, does the concept of hell/heaven/earth exist in sikhism? i thought it was that there are millions of worlds, and that there is no afterlife but that you either stop ur cycle of rebirths and assimilate with god or you continue on in your cycle. There's no hot burning hell or a heaven full of virgins (if u read western morality, that is the traditional view held by judeo-christian philosophers).

I say this because it goes without saying that you have nice word play in your poems. I just wanted to cause some more discussion on things we just glaze over and never analyze...

have you read the divine comedy? because your morality sounds so much like it. Also, does the concept of hell/heaven/earth exist in sikhism? i thought it was that there are millions of worlds, and that there is no afterlife but that you either stop ur cycle of rebirths and assimilate with god or you continue on in your cycle. There's no hot burning hell or a heaven full of virgins (if u read western morality, that is the traditional view held by judeo-christian philosophers).

I say this because it goes without saying that you have nice word play in your poems. I just wanted to cause some more discussion on things we just glaze over and never analyze...

I have not read that book..whats it about? My understanding of heaven and hell is this.

We as sikhs aim for sachkand which is where we merge with waheuguruji. There are many realms beneath sachkand where angels/ devis/gods such as shiva are found. But these are all beneath sachkand.

There are lots of references in gurbani to suggest that we are made to pay for our sins which hopefully someone else can post? After the court of dharam raj, a sinful soul is taken to a hell like place and tortured. and then afterwards is reborn either as human or animal depending on past karmas. Gurmukhs dont have to go to dharam raj, they go straight to sachkand.

Bhai Rama Singh Ji in his book "in search of the true guru" describes this hell like place. Jamdoots are gods servants whom inflict the torture upon us. This is why we should all aspire to become true gurmukhs

I appologise for anything that i have written that is wrong

wjkk wjkf

heres one i wrote today

Waheguru

You are the river and I am the fish. I swim and swim and still I cant find your limits. You give me life, with each breath I thank you. I do not know of the fisherman, but I know that without you I will die.

You are the rain and I am the sugar cane. I thirst for you, and grow for you. I wash myself in your name. I drink and store your ambrosial nectar. Your naam is my pure sweet sugar centre.

You are the fire and I am the firewood. All cold and dry, my insides yearn for you. The beaver chops and destroys me, and throws me into water. Yet even then every part of me burns for you. Vaheguru

You are the metal and I am the sword. Always together, you give me my strength and honour. Yet I kill and destroy, in service of false earthly power. And in the end, all blunt and rusty I am of no worth. Lonely and abandoned, my metal all black, I am tossed and buried in the earth.

You are my lord. Please make me dust of your feet. Only then will this soul be cured from the disease of this world.

Wjkk wjkf

Inspired by this shabbad

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Siree Raag on Pannaa 25

isrIrwgu mhlw 1 Gru 4 ]

sireeraag mehalaa 1 ghar 4 ||

Siree Raag, First Mehla, Fourth House:

qU drIAwau dwnw bInw mY mCulI kYsy AMqu lhw ]

thoo dhareeaao dhaanaa beenaa mai mashhulee kaisae a(n)th lehaa ||

You are the River, All-knowing and All-seeing. I am just a fish-how can I find Your limit?

jh jh dyKw qh qh qU hY quJ qy inksI PUit mrw ]1]

jeh jeh dhaekhaa theh theh thoo hai thujh thae nikasee foott maraa ||1||

Wherever I look, You are there. Outside of You, I would burst and die. ||1||

n jwxw myau n jwxw jwlI ]

n jaanaa maeo n jaanaa jaalee ||

I do not know of the fisherman, and I do not know of the net.

jw duKu lwgY qw quJY smwlI ]1] rhwau ]

jaa dhukh laagai thaa thujhai samaalee ||1|| rehaao ||

But when the pain comes, then I call upon You. ||1||Pause||

qU BrpUir jwinAw mY dUir ]

thoo bharapoor jaaniaa mai dhoor ||

You are present everywhere. I had thought that You were far away.

jo kCu krI su qyrY hdUir ]

jo kashh karee s thaerai hadhoor ||

Whatever I do, I do in Your Presence.

qU dyKih hau mukir pwau ]

thoo dhaekhehi ho mukar paao ||

You see all my actions, and yet I deny them.

qyrY kMim n qyrY nwie ]2]

thaerai ka(n)m n thaerai naae ||2||

I have not worked for You, or Your Name. ||2||

jyqw dyih qyqw hau Kwau ]

jaethaa dhaehi thaethaa ho khaao ||

Whatever You give me, that is what I eat.

ibAw dru nwhI kY dir jwau ]

biaa dhar naahee kai dhar jaao ||

There is no other door-unto which door should I go?

nwnku eyk khY Ardwis ]

naanak eaek kehai aradhaas ||

Nanak offers this one prayer:

jIau ipMfu sBu qyrY pwis ]3]

jeeo pi(n)dd sabh thaerai paas ||3||

this body and soul are totally Yours. ||3||

Awpy nyVY dUir Awpy hI Awpy mMiJ imAwnuo ]

aapae naerrai dhoor aapae hee aapae ma(n)jh miaanuo ||

He Himself is near, and He Himself is far away; He Himself is in-between.

Awpy vyKY suxy Awpy hI kudriq kry jhwnuo ]

aapae vaekhai sunae aapae hee kudharath karae jehaanuo ||

He Himself beholds, and He Himself listens. By His Creative Power, He created the world.

jo iqsu BwvY nwnkw hukmu soeI prvwnuo ]4]31]

jo this bhaavai naanakaa hukam soee paravaanuo ||4||31||

Whatever pleases Him, O Nanak-that Command is acceptable. ||4||31||

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

its been a while, sorry sangat. anyways theres seems to be a lot of threads in GUPT section regarding kaam so i decided to write this today...

The Inner Battle with Kaam

I look into myself and see an impure, worthless pile of trash. Maya has tormented and seduced me. I repent yet am unable to erase the bad actions of my past.

In the saadh sangat I seek your sanctuary and support. Yet even here I am consumed with evil desires and thoughts.

All alone and weak, this fool falls deeper into this dark illusion. I am wrapped in the burning flames of this delusion..burning my mind, body and soul. My insides all diseased and deformed, I ask for death to be saved from this world.

Each sin like a deadly virus infecting me, slowly spreading and destroying me. Contagious, its spreads and infects all around me. In my despair a wave of tears pray for a way to be saved….

And in this dark night of my life, you are the bright north star who saves me. I navigate my boat of destiny to your rocky shores. Waheguru. All other boats are lost, but with your grace you have saved me.

You are the moonlight, so beautiful and bright you captivate and amaze all who gaze upon thee. My soul the pilot, my body the rocket, and your naam the fuel to set this wandering manmukh-soul free.

Wjkk wjkf