Some Of My Poems

heres one i wrote today, i really like it pray.gif

The Worlds Ocean

Mountainous waves, treacherous rapids. Deep cavernous caves, sharks and fishes. The ocean of the world, filled with dangerous terrain all must navigate and explore.

Crashing and destroying, this powerful force felt by all. Unable to swim, the current pulling and killing the sinful mortal. Biting and feasting, the oceans devils devour the corpse to the bones and the skull.

Searching and fighting for gold and jewels, sinful pirates scour the earth. Unaware that the true treasure lies deep within our soul, from birth. Yet the souls cure, this heavenly treasure, only realised by the truthful and the pure.

A raging storm, thunder and lightning. A test from the lord, chilling and frightening. O mortal, only on the lords boat, will salvation from this whirlpool of death, be yours.

wjkk wjkf

that wass wwkkkdd!!!! i luv it wen poems end wiv sorta question things MAKES YA THINKKK!!! keep postin lol got the heviest collection :umm:

lol ur the only one commenting anymore, thanks for your comments :umm: . i will carry on posting them when i write them

wjkk wjkf

velcome velcome - keep em comin yeh!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my latest one blush.gif

The Soul bride

Birds are chirping as butterflies are fluttering. The sun shining as the wedding bells are chiming. That day has finally come! The soul bride in love, has found the one true groom. Waheguru.

Countless lifetimes apart. The soul soaring like a lost dove through skies and the heavens for its other half. Separated, incomplete. Praying night and day until they day the two lovers merge and meet.

But only the blessed soul is chosen by the master. Millions upon millions are unworthy and die, cold and alone in disaster. What a world thou hast created. A soul without gods love, will be killed and cremated then reborn into this hell. So Pray night and day, and sing his praises, till the day we emerge from the body our soul bride dwells.

In sikhi, the “soul bride” refers to all of our souls, male and female. We are all deemed the soul bride, and our one god is our husband and master. Here are just 3 of many quotes from Guruji using the term soul bride

jy loVih vru kwmxI nh imlIAY ipr kUir ]

jae lorrehi // kaamanee neh mileeai pir koor ||

If you long for your Husband Lord, O soul-bride, you must know that He is not met by falsehood.

nw byVI nw qulhVw nw pweIAY ipru dUir ]1]

naa baerree naa thuleharraa naa paaeeai pir dhoor ||1||

No boat or raft can take you to Him. Your Husband Lord is far away.

kI n suxyhI gorIey Awpx kMnI soie ]

kee n sunaehee goreeeae aapan ka(n)nee soe ||

Haven't you heard the call from beyond, O beautiful soul-bride?

Forgive me for anything wrong that I have written.

Wjkk wjkf

my latest one blush.gif

The Soul bride

Birds are chirping as butterflies are fluttering. The sun shining as the wedding bells are chiming. That day has finally come! The soul bride in love, has found the one true groom. Waheguru.

Countless lifetimes apart. The soul soaring like a lost dove through skies and the heavens for its other half. Separated, incomplete. Praying night and day until they day the two lovers merge and meet.

But only the blessed soul is chosen by the master. Millions upon millions are unworthy and die, cold and alone in disaster. What a world thou hast created. A soul without gods love, will be killed and cremated then reborn into this hell. So Pray night and day, and sing his praises, till the day we emerge from the body our soul bride dwells.

In sikhi, the “soul bride” refers to all of our souls, male and female. We are all deemed the soul bride, and our one god is our husband and master. Here are just 3 of many quotes from Guruji using the term soul bride

jy loVih vru kwmxI nh imlIAY ipr kUir ]

jae lorrehi // kaamanee neh mileeai pir koor ||

If you long for your Husband Lord, O soul-bride, you must know that He is not met by falsehood.

nw byVI nw qulhVw nw pweIAY ipru dUir ]1]

naa baerree naa thuleharraa naa paaeeai pir dhoor ||1||

No boat or raft can take you to Him. Your Husband Lord is far away.

kI n suxyhI gorIey Awpx kMnI soie ]

kee n sunaehee goreeeae aapan ka(n)nee soe ||

Haven't you heard the call from beyond, O beautiful soul-bride?

Forgive me for anything wrong that I have written.

Wjkk wjkf

Hmm. I thought this one was alright (no ofense) but i like your previous stuff better.

aww you dont like that one, thing is i try to make them all different, and the more poems i write, the harder that is. anyways heres one i wrote today. its not my best but i hope all the sangat like it.

Maya's battle

Oh why great lord do u test your poor worthless slave. Daily, hourly, you send your great temptress to conquer my mind. The battle drum beats deep within, but defenceless this manmukh soul can’t fight, and dies.

Like a drunk wild beast, I lose control. From side to side I crash and sway, as these 5 primal urges consume my soul.

Kaam (Lust). Rich and poor, fat and the thin. This sin burning and grinding all souls to dust. Oh great god save me from this vice. Take my arm and feed me the simple, satisfying rice of your naam.

Anger (krodh). In an instant, this beast unleashed darkens the purest of gurmukhs. All saintliness is lost, and only black, dark actions are done. From these evil actions, the soul is continuously reborn.

Ego (ahankar). The foolish mortal proudly rich and beautiful, believing all to be true. Unaware that within, the egotistical soul is deformed and black, like glue the sinful actions of the past sticking to her face, hands and wrists.

Attachment (moh). Wasted is the love one has for people and materialistic possessions. Blessed is the gurmukh whom sees the lord in all of his creation, for he is detached and achieved true salvation.

Greed (lobh). The 5th vice. Like mice the soul yearns for more and more cheese to quench its hunger. Unaware that the mouse trap is set, and its blades of death crash down like thunder.

You watch each and every action, and yet still I continue to sin. Only with the gurus grace, can one learn to control the wild beast within.

Waheguru ji ke khalsa, wahegur ji ke fateh

This Shabad is by Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 159

gauVI guAwryrI mhlw 3 ]

gourree guaaraeree mehalaa 3 ||

Gauree Gwaarayree, Third Mehla:

mnu mwry Dwqu mir jwie ]

man maarae dhhaath mar jaae ||

When someone kills and subdues his own mind, his wandering nature is also subdued.

ibnu mUey kYsy hir pwie ]

bin mooeae kaisae har paae ||

Without such a death, how can one find the Lord?

mnu mrY dwrU jwxY koie ]

man marai dhaaroo jaanai koe ||

Only a few know the medicine to kill the mind.

mnu sbid mrY bUJY jnu soie ]1]

man sabadh marai boojhai jan soe ||1||

One whose mind dies in the Word of the Shabad, understands Him. ||1||

ijs no bKsy dy vifAweI ]

jis no bakhasae dhae vaddiaaee ||

He grants greatness to those whom He forgives.

gur prswid hir vsY min AweI ]1] rhwau ]

gur parasaadh har vasai man aaee ||1|| rehaao ||

By Guru's Grace, the Lord comes to dwell within the mind. ||1||Pause||

gurmuiK krxI kwr kmwvY ]

guramukh karanee kaar kamaavai ||

The Gurmukh practices doing good deeds;

qw iesu mn kI soJI pwvY ]

thaa eis man kee sojhee paavai ||

thus he comes to understand this mind.

mnu mY mqu mYgl imkdwrw ]

man mai math maigal mikadhaaraa ||

The mind is like an elephant, drunk with wine.

guru AMksu mwir jIvwlxhwrw ]2]

gur a(n)kas maar jeevaalanehaaraa ||2||

The Guru is the rod which controls it, and shows it the way. ||2||

mnu AswDu swDY jnu koie ]

man asaadhh saadhhai jan koe ||

The mind is uncontrollable; how rare are those who subdue it.

Acru crY qw inrmlu hoie ]

achar charai thaa niramal hoe ||

Those who move the immovable become pure.

gurmuiK iehu mnu lieAw svwir ]

guramukh eihu man laeiaa savaar ||

The Gurmukhs embellish and beautify this mind.

haumY ivchu qjy ivkwr ]3]

houmai vichahu thajae vikaar ||3||

They eradicate egotism and corruption from within. ||3||

jo Duir rwiKAnu myil imlwie ]

jo dhhur raakhian mael milaae ||

Those who, by pre-ordained destiny, are united in the Lord's Union,

kdy n ivCuVih sbid smwie ]

kadhae n vishhurrehi sabadh samaae ||

are never separated from Him again; they are absorbed in the Shabad.

AwpxI klw Awpy hI jwxY ]

aapanee kalaa aapae hee jaanai ||

He Himself knows His Own Almighty Power.

nwnk gurmuiK nwmu pCwxY ]4]5]25]

naanak guramukh naam pashhaanai ||4||5||25||

O Nanak, the Gurmukh realizes the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||4||5||25||

aww you dont like that one, thing is i try to make them all different, and the more poems i write, the harder that is. anyways heres one i wrote today. its not my best but i hope all the sangat like it.

Maya's battle

Oh why great lord do u test your poor worthless slave. Daily, hourly, you send your great temptress to conquer my mind. The battle drum beats deep within, but defenceless this manmukh soul can’t fight, and dies.

Like a drunk wild beast, I lose control. From side to side I crash and sway, as these 5 primal urges consume my soul.

Kaam (Lust). Rich and poor, fat and the thin. This sin burning and grinding all souls to dust. Oh great god save me from this vice. Take my arm and feed me the simple, satisfying rice of your naam.

Anger (krodh). In an instant, this beast unleashed darkens the purest of gurmukhs. All saintliness is lost, and only black, dark actions are done. From these evil actions, the soul is continuously reborn.

Ego (ahankar). The foolish mortal proudly rich and beautiful, believing all to be true. Unaware that within, the egotistical soul is deformed and black, like glue the sinful actions of the past sticking to her face, hands and wrists.

Attachment (moh). Wasted is the love one has for people and materialistic possessions. Blessed is the gurmukh whom sees the lord in all of his creation, for he is detached and achieved true salvation.

Greed (lobh). The 5th vice. Like mice the soul yearns for more and more cheese to quench its hunger. Unaware that the mouse trap is set, and its blades of death crash down like thunder.

You watch each and every action, and yet still I continue to sin. Only with the gurus grace, can one learn to control the wild beast within.

GOOOWAAAAN Bhajiii!!! :wub: the last line killed it!!!! :wub:

(Hey u kno u can send poems n stuff like this 2 Panjabi / Sikh papers.....u thought bout sumthin like that?? grin.gif )

Maya's battle

(Hey u kno u can send poems n stuff like this 2 Panjabi / Sikh papers.....u thought bout sumthin like that?? grin.gif )

but these papers charge people to purchase them? i want my poems to be free for the sangat :wub:

Maya's battle

but these papers charge people to purchase them? i want my poems to be free for the sangat :wub:

loll naah not all the Sikh / Panjabi papers make ppl pay....

for now il just keep posting them here, another short one..

The path of sikhi

Like the blade of the sharpest sword, this torturous path followed only by the pure. Cleansing the soul of sin, eternal contentment and bliss found within.

For one who walks the gurus path, shall find the ultimate gift, the ultimate prize…Waheguru. Their spiritual eyes will open. Through devotion, there soul, but one raindrop, will merge with the ocean of the lord.

Like a butterfly in a field of roses, a bright star in the cold nights dark blanket. The gursikh exemplifying god’s natural beauty and creation. His eyes sparkling with gods sight, each hair more precious than gold. His face radiant and bright, inspiring all, young and old.

Wjkk wjkf

for now il just keep posting them here, another short one..

The path of sikhi

Like the blade of the sharpest sword, this torturous path followed only by the pure. Cleansing the soul of sin, eternal contentment and bliss found within.

For one who walks the gurus path, shall find the ultimate gift, the ultimate prize…Waheguru. Their spiritual eyes will open. Through devotion, there soul, but one raindrop, will merge with the ocean of the lord.

Like a butterfly in a field of roses, a bright star in the cold nights dark blanket. The gursikh exemplifying god’s natural beauty and creation. His eyes sparkling with gods sight, each hair more precious than gold. His face radiant and bright, inspiring all, young and old.

Wjkk wjkf

:wub: bootfull!!!

i added an extra bit on the end of that last one...here is the final version of it..

The path of sikhi

Like a butterfly in a field of roses, a bright star in the nights cold dark blanket. The gursikh exemplifying god’s natural beauty and creation. His eyes sparkling with god’s sight, each hair more precious than gold. His face radiant and bright, inspiring all, young and old.

Fearless yet compassionate. Brave yet also shy. Kind and humble, wondrous virtues all gursikhs possess inside. Like a pride of lions, these warrior saints live, fight and die with gods love, for ALL of mankind.

Waheguru Ji Ke Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

(The khalsa belong to god. All victory is the victory of god)