Channel Punjab Karra Song

Sangat Ji,

if you have channel punjab there is a song that comes on during the adverts about Karre (Bangle *aint half hard writing punjabi in english*). It is a beautiful song and i would like to know the name and what album its from. The singer is obviously Kamal Heer (greatvoice) and sounds like its from one of his live albums, but hes done so many.

Thanks

Sangat Ji,

if you have channel punjab there is a song that comes on during the adverts about Karre (Bangle *aint half hard writing punjabi in english*). It is a beautiful song and i would like to know the name and what album its from. The singer is obviously Kamal Heer (greatvoice) and sounds like its from one of his live albums, but hes done so many.

Thanks

It's Kamal Heers song from the DVD Waris Panjab De. Live recording of the London Show they did a couple years ago!!

This song's from Punjabi Virsa 2005 held at london wembley conference centre sung by kamal heer. After listening to this song i was disgusted. Kamal heer in this song has compared kara with challas and mundis and has really degraded the gift of our beloved kalgidhar patshah. To me it sounds as he has labelled kara as an accessory and has called kara as "pehchaan punjabi di". Kara's an essential and unseperable part of sikh rehat and is not a cultural item or accessory and is not a symbol of punjabiat.

Anyway you listen the song and judge it in the light of gursikhi. Here's the link http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/Ys3tP1s83S.As1NMvHdW/