Uk Terrorist Attack

i completely agree with dal singh101 ,that ''''I suggest we all try and be more open and make more friends from the indigenous population. '''.that is the one of the best ways forward.infact sikhi is about

loving God and seeing Gods light in all ,seeing all of creation as Gods family and loving so humbly and powerfully everyone irrespective of race ,colour ,creed ,etc ,tho its also about defending self dignity as well as the rights and rights of others .maybe we get too caught up in seeing sikhi as a narrow religion ,ending up in segregating and boxing oursellves into a us and they mindset.

as much as sikhi is about amritvela ,about rehat ,about nitnem ,about kirtan and about simran and satsang ,we must remember sikhi is also about degh and about sewa.as gurbani says ''ji deya parwan '' in raag majh .

thus sikhi is about becoming friends with everyone as gurbani says 'sabhan mit hum aapen kino ,hum sabna ke sajan''.its about that non intimidating smile on our face as we walk that makes others trust and not fearful of us . its about the little joke and friendship we show at every checkout of tesco or asda or m n s.its about paying attention to have a lot of non sikh friends to whom we show love ,talk about sikhi ,share a simran cd ,and invite to come to gurudwara for Guru ka langar ,and satsang .its about listening to ppl's problems ,showing concern with the issues they face ,about buying them coffeee about being involved and engaged with society .sikhi is about being that angel at school ,or colege ,or university ,at work ,in community that everyone wants to meet .

ill give u a few personal examples .on the recent shaheedi purab ,through Gurujee's grace i took one white norwegian ,one white american ,one white english girl and her daughter with me to our local gurudwara ,and they loved it .everytime i do kirtan at someone's house or our gurudwara there is at least one white friend i bring along usually many more .at my business i run ,i only play a soft simran cd or live kirtan from harmandir sahib and all my customers love it .i spend hours and hours of my time being ppl's friend no matter who they are and it gives me an excellencent chance to sharing sikhi as i get a chance in our conversations .no one has ever worked in my cafe business since 1996 without getting to kno sikhi and liking sikhi .infact where i live i have hardly any sikh friends .but thats not a problem becus im actually running short now of english friends who dont do simran wen they wake up ,hehe .and on their own paths to become sikh .i dont want to die with a bunch of just punjabee sikhs reading sohila over my body .i want to die leaving the seeds of sikhi in almost every white or caribbean or watever person who ever came in contact with me ,through Gurujee's kirpa .all of this is not a boast but i can safely say ,as weak as i am ,there are literally hundreds white people people out there who at the time of these attacks last 2 days who know the difference between a sikh and a muslim and how beautiful sikhi is ,through the way Gurujee has used me ,this useless dog ,in the last few years .this is our real challenge .sikhi is not about going around minding just your own business and keeping sikhi like a 50 pound note in your wallet secretly and sikhi is definately not about putting on a serious looking face ,tightening your lips from wishing ppl a good day or judging others to be a different species from you .sikhi is not about having your own party at an akj rehnsbhai or local gurudwara without having bothered taking along at least one white or caribbean friend .a sikh is the thundering loving voice and presence of Guru Gobind Singh in his local community because every sikh is an ambassador of the message of love and hope and healing and comfort of Gurujee.

i like to finish by telling you a little true story .i have 2 white friends who are engaged .mike is a manager of lloyds tsb ,and danni his gf is a producer at future magazines ,they both in late 20s ,and became me customers in me business 2 years ago .i used invite em to me house 4 meals and i adopted danni as me daughter ,and she looks up 2 me as if me her dad .then took em 2 gurudwara ,had long chats with em bout difference between sikhs n muslims .always txt em make sure they ok ,n litt jokes in me txt too .mike fell off frm his bike yr ago so me put me hands on his knees and prayed and did simran n nxt morning he woke up n all pain was gone .then one day Gurujee spoke thru me 2 him n i told him not leave his bank 2 go work elsewhere so he cancelled interview wi nother bank .2 days later he fones me that he been offered training to bcome senior executive manager at lloyds ,all this make him reli trust me and love me and thru that i started sharing more n more bout sikhi .nxt they wanted me give em simran cds so i did .nxt wen there was akj rehnsbhai in derby where danni comes frm ,i told her let her parents kno n so her parents went 2 the rehsbhai n had langar ,etc .n her neighbours in derby are sikhs .n they were shocked cos wen danni n mike wen derby 2 her parents recently ,they put on simran cd rather loud in their house n their sikh neighbours were astonished cos even they dont do that in their house .

n i ve another english friend called andrew from bristol n he is fitness instructor ,aged 25 n salsa dancer .i always treat him like a brother ,feed him ,love him ,etc .he was in london n there was akj rehnsbhai somewhere east london bout 1.5 yrs ago ,so i suggested why not he go n i got a sikh friend of mine in london to take him n andrew set rg8 in front n enjoyed it .he been choosing between christianity and buddhism ,but i started talking lit by lit bout sikhi .i tell u the latest .he does Waheguru simran every morning now wen he wakes up n is so proud tell me that he does .

i show him sooo much love too .

now thats wat i need to do more n more and not only me ,but all of us .

Guest peacemaker
loll it wearnt a terrorist attack, it was me on my first driving test :umm: ..loll sorry on serious issue then, i don't think you can teach ignorant people.

jamdoot.gif

we need to get schools teaching sikhi. most just teach about christianity and Islam in RE lessons, and may very briefly touch sikhism. well it was like this when i was studying, im not sure if things have changed?

I just finished a Post Grad course and most of the goray/kalay didn't know what Sikhs were.

I also think that of all religious studies field trips most people go to Gurdwaras. Also Sikhism is briefly touched on in all courses. It is the daily one to one meetings between SIkhs and the wider public that matter the most in my opinion. A few weeks ago I was on the tube and some middle aged man with his wife was sitting next to me - she looked concerned and was saying something to him - he turned around and said "but he is Sikh" and nodded towards my kara. So a few people do know.

I also think that the indigenous people in the UK are quite suspicious and not very keen on religions full stop. I think this gets reflected in the media. We are no exceptions.

I'm just wondering if some major terrorist attack takes place - will it effect us? How?

Knowing goray - if we come all scared saying "please don't mistake us" they will have even less respect for us. Whatever our response it should not be one that is reflecting fear.

I suggest we all try and be more open and make more friends from the indigenous population. This is hard sometimes as some just want to hate. But seeing as the media is about as reliable as the weather here, I can't see them being of much help.

its not about being cowards, being scared or anything to do with fear. ..... thats not my intention anyway, our father is the guru and we live in akal purakhs hukam , we do not fear death.

the reason for the leaflets, is to create awareness, so people know who sikhs are and dont fear us and understand who we are , this doesnt mean we accept hate crime on muslims becos more people from ther faith are terrorists, we condem all violence on innocents, even the back lash on innocent muslims.

another reason is people should be aware for the protection of the young and elderly..........

we need to get schools teaching sikhi. most just teach about christianity and Islam in RE lessons, and may very briefly touch sikhism. well it was like this when i was studying, im not sure if things have changed?

I just finished a Post Grad course and most of the goray/kalay didn't know what Sikhs were.

I also think that of all religious studies field trips most people go to Gurdwaras. Also Sikhism is briefly touched on in all courses. It is the daily one to one meetings between SIkhs and the wider public that matter the most in my opinion. A few weeks ago I was on the tube and some middle aged man with his wife was sitting next to me - she looked concerned and was saying something to him - he turned around and said "but he is Sikh" and nodded towards my kara. So a few people do know.

I also think that the indigenous people in the UK are quite suspicious and not very keen on religions full stop. I think this gets reflected in the media. We are no exceptions.

I'm just wondering if some major terrorist attack takes place - will it effect us? How?

Knowing goray - if we come all scared saying "please don't mistake us" they will have even less respect for us. Whatever our response it should not be one that is reflecting fear.

I suggest we all try and be more open and make more friends from the indigenous population. This is hard sometimes as some just want to hate. But seeing as the media is about as reliable as the weather here, I can't see them being of much help.

its not about being cowards, being scared or anything to do with fear. ..... thats not my intention anyway, our father is the guru and we live in akal purakhs hukam , we do not fear death.

the reason for the leaflets, is to create awareness, so people know who sikhs are and dont fear us and understand who we are , this doesnt mean we accept hate crime on muslims becos more people from ther faith are terrorists, we condem all violence on innocents, even the back lash on innocent muslims.

another reason is people should be aware for the protection of the young and elderly..........

Get ready for a potential rise in nationalism and hatred towards "brown" foreigners.

[q

Get ready for a potential rise in nationalism and hatred towards "brown" foreigners.

yea, ur right, its kinda gonna bring support for the bnp etc even people who accept multiculturism wil begin to have doubts, if things keep going s they are,

i would put it past the government having a hand in it , they got their agendas and hands in conspiricies

Have a peek at how goray are discussing it.

I notice a few going on an anti "Asian" thing

http://boards.msn.com/UKNewsboards/thread....aram=Page%3D365