Shasters

The line you are referring to is from a Rehitnama, Bhai Desa Singh, I think. There is line From Sri Dasam Granth Sahib which means with weapons and hair recognise yourself as a sheep. I'm sure Jassa can tell us more, but line you want is a Rehitnama

Gurfateh !

The quote I think you are looking for is this one from Bhai Sukha Singh (written around CE 1797)(lines 2 and 3 ) :

dsc01754df8.jpg

"Bina shastr kesang narang bhed jano. Gahe kaan tako kitey le sidhano.

Ehe mor agiya suno le piare. Bina Tegh Kesang divo n didare."

" Without weapons and Kesh - you are nothing but a sheep - who can be led anywhere by the ear

A order has come from the master, without un-cut hair and weapons do not come before me "

*From Gurbilas Patshahi 10 - Bhai Sukha Singh edited by Dr Gursharan Kaur Jaggi - Bhasha Vibhag , Punjab - 1989 - pg 364

Hope thats what you were looking for

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'

Freed ji, i think you are possibly the only member on this whole forum who's every post has been so useful and wikid :TH:

agree

:WW:

well here is this rehatnamma in audio formate by baba sukh singh akali of budhadal ... i dont know where i downloaded it .... so i have uploaded it to rapidshare

http://rapidshare.com/files/41499103/rehit...da_da_gutka.wav

fathe