International Keep Your Hair Day ~ Launch ~

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks to the Gursikhs who are organising this event. Back to the Iron Roots is an excellent slogan.

Personally I feel we fall short of travelling parcharak jathas specifically aimed at the second/third generation UK/Punjabi community. The current crafted awareness that the only issue facing youth is the “muslim conversion issue” is not only a misconception but in my view seems to further generate a sense of hysteria, paranoia, vagueness and insecurity in peoples minds about Sikhi.

Perhaps the organisers would consider carrying out this programme around different Gurdwaras around the UK with a simple “back to basics” concept in mind just like the message of the puratan Mahapursh’s. Initially tackle the core issues impacting our community today such as kes katal, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, promiscuity, gluttony etc with the view of brining people closer to Gurbani (by not creating paranoia in peoples minds).

Maharaj Kirpa Karay, together we can help and support each other in our spiritual jeevans.

Many thanks to the Gursikhs who are organising this event. Back to the Iron Roots is an excellent slogan.

Personally I feel we fall short of travelling parcharak jathas specifically aimed at the second/third generation UK/Punjabi community. The current crafted awareness that the only issue facing youth is the “muslim conversion issue” is not only a misconception but in my view seems to further generate a sense of hysteria, paranoia, vagueness and insecurity in peoples minds about Sikhi.

Perhaps the organisers would consider carrying out this programme around different Gurdwaras around the UK with a simple “back to basics” concept in mind just like the message of the puratan Mahapursh’s. Initially tackle the core issues impacting our community today such as kes katal, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, promiscuity, gluttony etc with the view of brining people closer to Gurbani (by not creating paranoia in peoples minds).

Maharaj Kirpa Karay, together we can help and support each other in our spiritual jeevans.

agreed

BUMP

Starting today @ 6pm

Tilang, Fourth Mehla:

The Guru, my friend, has told me the stories and the sermon of the Lord.

I am a sacrifice to my Guru; to the Guru, I am a sacrifice. ||1||

Come, join with me, O Sikh of the Guru, come and join with me. You are my Guru's Beloved. ||Pause||

The Glorious Praises of the Lord are pleasing to the Lord; I have obtained them from the Guru.

I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to those who surrender to, and obey the Guru's Will. ||2||

I am dedicated and devoted to those who gaze upon the Beloved True Guru.

I am forever a sacrifice to those who perform service for the Guru. ||3||

Your Name, O Lord, Har, Har, is the Destroyer of sorrow.

Serving the Guru, it is obtained, and as Gurmukh, one is emancipated. ||4||

Those humble beings who meditate on the Lord's Name, are celebrated and acclaimed.

Nanak is a sacrifice to them, forever and ever a devoted sacrifice. ||5||

O Lord, that alone is Praise to You, which is pleasing to Your Will, O Lord God.

Those Gurmukhs, who serve their Beloved Lord, obtain Him as their reward. ||6||

Those who cherish love for the Lord, their souls are always with God.

Chanting and meditating on their Beloved, they live in, and gather in, the Lord's Name. ||7||

I am a sacrifice to those Gurmukhs who serve their Beloved Lord.

They themselves are saved, along with their families, and through them, all the world is saved. ||8||

My Beloved Guru serves the Lord. Blessed is the Guru, Blessed is the Guru.

The Guru has shown me the Lord's Path; the Guru has done the greatest good deed. ||9||

Those Sikhs of the Guru, who serve the Guru, are the most blessed beings.

Servant Nanak is a sacrifice to them; He is forever and ever a sacrifice. ||10||

The Lord Himself is pleased with the Gurmukhs, the fellowship of the companions.

In the Lord's Court, they are given robes of honor, and the Lord Himself hugs them close in His embrace. ||11||

Please bless me with the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of those Gurmukhs, who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

I wash their feet, and drink in the dust of their feet, dissolved in the wash water. ||12||

Those who eat betel nuts and betel leaf and apply lipstick,

but do not contemplate the Lord, Har, Har - the Messenger of Death will seize them and take them away. ||13||

The Messenger of Death does not even approach those who contemplate the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, and keep Him enshrined in their hearts. The Guru's Sikhs are the Guru's Beloveds. ||14||

The Name of the Lord is a treasure, known only to the few Gurmukhs.

O Nanak, those who meet with the True Guru, enjoy peace and pleasure. ||15||

The True Guru is called the Giver; in His Mercy, He grants His Grace.

I am forever a sacrifice to the Guru, who has blessed me with the Lord's Name. ||16||

Blessed, very blessed is the Guru, who brings the Lord's message.

I gaze upon the Guru, the Guru, the True Guru embodied, and I blossom forth in bliss. ||17||

The Guru's tongue recites Words of Ambrosial Nectar; He is adorned with the Lord's Name.

Those Sikhs who hear and obey the Guru - all their desires depart. ||18||

Some speak of the Lord's Path; tell me, how can I walk on it?

O Lord, Har, Har, Your Name is my supplies; I will take it with me and set out. ||19||

Those Gurmukhs who worship and adore the Lord, are wealthy and very wise.

I am forever a sacrifice to the True Guru; I am absorbed in the Words of the Guru's Teachings. ||20||

You are the Master, my Lord and Master; You are my Ruler and King.

If it is pleasing to Your Will, then I worship and serve You; You are the treasure of virtue. ||21||

The Lord Himself is absolute; He is The One and Only; but He Himself is also manifested in many forms.

Whatever pleases Him, O Nanak, that alone is good. ||22||2||